Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is storm burst any good? I didn't play the beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

40% bonus damage on vortex when casting on frostbolt makes me want to come back and find a way to make vortex/frostbolt good. Probably cwc something+frostbolt since I mathed that out in PoB last league and it was insanely good and then manually dropping ranged Vortexes.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Zizaran has his 3.0 guide out, have not watched it yet as its 43 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPVJIn98B4

I tried watching it and sending it to my friend who is scared of how complex this game is, the first 10 minutes are good for new players but after that he goes through over 20 straight minutes of slowly explaining what every currency does and showing examples of him using it, then launches right into master crafting. It definitely wasn't the right thing to send to someone who's scared of the game's complexity in the first place :kiddo:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If there's room to invite me to the guild I want an invite. Do you need character name or account name? They're MathOfPercentile and benh1987 respectively

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

euphronius posted:

Why are they called "threshold" gems?

There's a threshold that needs to be met before they start working

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah zombies are cool and all but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRL4VQycfh8

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm running Storm Burst CwC Ball Lightning and I love the storm burst part but hate ball lightning in the build, it really struggles with single targets and bosses take forever. Ball Lightning is a really terrible spell and all these new bosses are so mobile that it only hits them for like one tick each before they dash out of the way. There don't seem to be any good single-target lighting spells, does anyone have a suggestion for what I can swap Ball Lightning for? Storm Burst is good enough for melting packs on its own. I'd do Frostbolt but it would have the same problem Ball Lightning does.

I've never had to build for single target damage in this game so I don't know what spells are good for it. I'm sick of every act boss feeling like Shaper.

edit: Overall Storm Burst is bad for CwC because you have to stop casting it to do most of its damage, and ramp-up for CwC to start casting is longer than its cast speed when you continue casting. I'm having fun with the build because I've wanted a lightning channeled spell for so long but would not recommend it.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 6, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

first snow jewel really making me think about doing a perma-freeze freezing pulse dude someone please scream at me to not do that

This was a pretty solid build in Breach. With enough freeze chance you can permafreeze anything short of t16 map bosses, Shaper and I think Atziri.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bardeh posted:

How do I know what Jewels are good? I found this, and I can't find any on poe.trade that have the same modifiers to see if it's worth anything. Alternatively, is it any good for a Sunder dude? I took the node that means I can't crit, but even so the extra damage seems good anyway.

In Legacy, 3 good lines was 5-20c and 4 good lines was 20c-100c+ but it kind of needs ES or Life to be on the top end of those ranges. This one is probably worth about 10-15c but prices are still wacky because it's a new league.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Storm Burst does good damage for clearing mooks but its damage is terrible against bosses and it doesn't function well as a CwC spell. To maximize its damage against a single target you have to stop casting every ~half a second which means you only get one tick of CwC off after the ramp-up time and don't get the full benefit of it chain-casting long cast time spells. This might be solved with Slower Projectiles but I don't have the links or currency to try it yet. I'm not really sure what else you could do with it.

If there's some way you can get down to incredibly low projectile speed it would be a very very good melee-range CwC spell because the actual per-orb damage is really high (two orbs at once and they explode for an additional x2.5 damage) but I don't know all the sources of -projectile speed, I'm only aware of the gem. Add in Point Blank and it would shred bosses.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 7, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bushiz posted:

I've been out of town and haven't had a chance to do, well, anything. What's cheap and easy this league that doesn't involve totems for the fun bits.

This is the first league I've played SRS and it's actually a really smooth leveling experience that blows the two other builds I tried out of the water. Zero gear required to melt through the acts.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

That's lame though. I hate following guides in games. I'm the kind of person who will go out of his way to play any game at least blind-ish.

I love PoE but there's no defending it on this point: That's nearly impossible here. I mean it's possible but you're going to run in to the problems you're experiencing now.

The one-handed and two-handed nodes are good because, while they do restrict you to one specific kind of thing, they're much stronger than generalized nodes that don't do that. The same is true of nodes for specific weapon types like daggers or axes. The primary metagame of PoE is balancing your nodes because you don't get many points and you need to make sure you waste as few as possible (avoid stat nodes) and maximize the benefit of the ones you get (fitting in as many specialized nodes as you can).

A lot of people who play this game underestimate just how confusing it is to new players. I'm one of them, I've been trying to help explain the game to a Diablo playing friend who just started and I take so many pieces of knowledge for granted that I forget to mention them, and that's with me already mentioning so many things that he's getting overloaded and frustrated.

I'm a similar kind of player and hate following guides, but it took a few times following guides before everything started to click and I realized why choices were being made and what my priority was when figuring out where my points need to go. You don't have to follow guides but if you're interested in figuring things out on your own I'd suggest at least reading a few of the more well-explained guides for various builds to figure out the thought process of creating a build.

PoE's biggest fault is that you need a specific plan in mind, whether it's your own or someone else's, and that plan unfortunately does need to generally include the specific weapon type you'll be using and the specific skills you'll be using. Experimental characters won't make it very far. I have 600 hours played but I still don't know enough about this game to really critique someone's build unless it's a specific build I've played before and I know what end-game weapon and uniques they're going to be using.

Edit: Another really good way to learn is to put your builds together in Path of Building which will show you the exact math behind all of your choices and can even suggest nodes based on how much they increase the output of that math, but you'll need to set all your intended gear to get good results from that.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 8, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

There's really nothing wrong with playing that way as long as you don't mind restarting when a character is beyond salvage, that's what I did for my first ~200 hours and I still loved the game :kiddo: I didn't actually even get to maps until Breach.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is there any room in the main guild yet? Playing this game solo and without a guild stash is lonely :colbert:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bardeh posted:

So I got into act 6 and any kind of elemental attack is absolutely destroying me. What kind of resistances do I need to shoot for?

All of the elements maxed or as close to maxed as possible. 75% is the cap on resists so you need that much + enough to offset whatever story-based maluses you have. You don't need chaos resist but it's nice to have if you're not CI.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is ES not good anymore? I'm playing with a friend who has never played before and he's been going for a CI build, but I keep reading about a "forced Life meta" in 3.0. I'm only leveling alongside him so I don't have any experience with end-game 3.0

We're in act 7 and he's struggling a lot (not actually CI yet just stacking ES) while I'm facetanking everything as Life.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

chaos is gonna be a lot more valuable compared to exalts in this league than the previous one because of good zana mods and no es% craft on rings

This is very true and also there's large-scale price fixing of exalts going on right now. Give it a week or two (or who knows how long) and the same group is going to try to spike the prices as high as they can.

Edit: I don't think it's really going to work out for them, though. There's too much supply for them to control and people will keep listing at the lower prices :shrug:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

So this league I finally made a character I've been thinking about for several leagues, SR CwC Frostbolt
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/benh1987/characters

I planned it out before 3.0 and originally intended to use Pyre and Consuming Darks to stack poison, and it had crazy high damage at that point. However, the changes to DoTs and poison have me now relying on actual fire damage as I do it, and either there are some options I'm missing or I waited too long and it's not a great build anymore. The clear speed is insane but my damage is so low that bosses take forever. With a 6l staff, level 80 and Uber Lab ascendancies I should be at around 300k DPS and I feel like that's still not enough in 3.0. Survivability with MoM is fine and I have a Lightning Coil set to swap out when I need more.

Realm Ender seems like the best option since it's +3 to both scorching ray and frostbolt levels, handles half the cold -> fire conversion for me and lets me use Avatar of Fire. Rigwald's Crest and Ngamahu Tiki are giving me some damage that I feel like I really need, and I can swap in Hrimnor's Resolve too for a little more and freeze immunity while still keeping maxed resists and 4500 life (seems to be enough with MoM)

Does anyone have any ideas how I can pump more out of this build? Other than, like, Kaom's which is unaffordable until way later. My next goal with passives is getting Snowforged for +cold% and +fire%.

My level 80 build plan has me at 433% increased damage and 109% more damage to my fire spells and -69% enemy fire resist (once I switch to Flammability).

edit: This is a pretty fantastic and cheap league starter build though and I think my go-to from here on out. All the required gear costs like 6c total. I just want to try and push it further this league since I've been thinking about it forever.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 19, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

psy.Che posted:

Obviously this kind of build has been hit heavily both by the double dipping and the (stupid) cold -> fire conversion nerfs. Also, boss HP is kinda stupid in some cases to the point where it's just not worth killing them anymore, it's an issue that many builds are facing. A few thoughts:
- Pathing around the templar area seems weird, there should definitely be a better solution for that.
- Really strange flasks. I'd rather kick out anger, run warlords mark on blasphemy (or apply it with Cwdt, orb of storms does seem a bit clunky and unreliable (how do you even survive reflect?)), get rid of all but 1 life flask (maybe a hybrid for MoM...). Atziri's promise should be great DPS increase, same goes for wise oak.
- Usually, 6-link unique staves are more affordable than 6-link unique chests. Maybe you could get your hands on a 6-link realm ender, giving you ~50% more damage. 6-links are especially important for CwC builds because you have so little room for support gems to begin with.
- If you're looking for more damage, you could always decide to ditch EO and go for crit. You're passing right next to some decent spell crit nodes anyway. Be sure to calculate via PoB if the possible damage gain through crit (incorporate diamond flask, better ring and amulet)is worth it
- No AoE nodes, no GMP... this build seems really slow to me in terms of actual clearspeed. Maybe try some different cold skills?
- Also, think about your weapon - especially if you're going crit, Pyre (90% conversion isn't that bad) + for example Doryanis Catalyst + a spelldmg/spellcrit/life shield should go a long way. A 6-link armor with the right colors is easily achievable through Emperor of Purity div cards. A few essences of greed and you should end up with a decent one.
- You can have some more damage from unique helms as you already mentioned, but als from belts.

I get +4 projectiles from the FB threshold gems and neither SR or FB are Area tagged so +area wouldn't do anything. Clearspeed is based on spamming the entire screen (and 1-2 screens away) with frostbolts that 1-2 shot trash mobs.

Yeah, 6link staff is the plan since the gems need to be socketed in my staff. I'm including the 6l in my ~300k final dps calculation.

Templar starting area is to go life, there's not a lot to be grabbed on the right side of the tree.

You're right about flasks, I haven't put any effort in to them and haven't even rolled them yet. I don't really need more defenses and I'm Avatar of Fire to Atziri's and other flasks don't give me any additional damage (Atziri's adds chaos damage which my build zeroes out), that and no good leech are the big drawbacks of this build. Wise Oak would give me more penetration but I already have a ton of penetration.

I can't find another weapon that does comparable damage to Realm Ender (which has +3 to both of my main damage spells). Doryani's would give me 0.2% leech but survivability isn't much of a concern on this build and I would lose over half my damage if I switched to it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

psy.Che posted:

Didn't see the jewels lol. I till think you can find a way to get all that life in templar with less useless +stat nodes and maybe more ele dmg, spell dmg w/e nodes. You're right about Atziri's but def include wise oak, there is no too much penetration - if anything, it might enable you to drop fire pen sup for something better. Also, Doryanis on it own won't beat your staff, but if you're going crit, it might do so together with a good shield.

Sounds good. I'll definitely grab Wise Oak. I'll have to do some number crunching in PoB with Doryani's and see if I can make it work. Dropping Fire Pen might be good, but I think even with Wise Oak it'll be the best DPS gem for me, I'll have to figure it out.

Thanks for taking a look!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I played this build in Legacy and it struggles a little with Minotaur and there are some t15 bosses it can't kill :colbert: They're only immune to elemental damage and really heavy bleeds or crazy high physical damage will still kill them.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Again:

If you've gotten to A6 and done the Library quest, literally every gem that's not drop-only or a Vaal gem will be available to you.

You don't even have to do the library quest to unlock the A6 gem vendor, I think you just have to do the first quest in A6 to clear the twilight strand.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Tiny Bug Child posted:

What's the actual concern with implementing some kind of AH that automatically transfers the item? I get that it's not going to happen because GGG doesn't want it, but I don't understand how having frictionless trading and prices that actually reflect the market value of items could be a bad thing for the game.

To share a contrarian opinion that most people won't agree with - I love the current trading system, hitches and all. I was a huge Diablo 2 player who put 7 years in to that game and this sort of trading was a big part of it. A frictionless AH means I just log on, get the item I wanted, and then go 'now what?' whereas right now it feels like a quest to get the item I want, it's an adventure I have to go on and it's work I'm putting in to my character that then pays off when I get the right piece of gear and I feel like I accomplished something instead of feeling like I clicked a few buttons to raise my stats.

This is exactly where D3 failed me, both with the AH and without. Either way it's an example of see upgrade -> click button -> have upgrade equipped with no interim and no effort on my part, everything is based purely on luck so I never felt like I actually earned any of my boosts in power through anything other than hours played and RNG. Since I have to put effort into trades I don't want to settle for small incremental upgrades and I get a kick out of always checking poetrade looking for the right deal for me. I might be looking for an item with the right stats for a week because everyone who has had what I'm looking for was afk, offline or didn't respond, so finally getting it is a big rush and makes me want to celebrate by playing the game and using my new item.

enraged_camel posted:

Are there any marauder sunder builds that don't use multi strike? I hate that it locks you in place during the three attacks and you can't cancel it.

Just take Multistrike out, there are several supports that are comparable in DPS like Ruthless. You might lose a small amount of damage but in return you're gaining better flexibility and mobility and that's a change I'll take any day.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 22, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My friend is not very good at ARPGs and found even D3 kind of confusing and he refused to play PoE for years because he looked at the skill tree once and freaked out. I finally got him to play this league and he got up to yellow maps on his first ever character on a build he created himself with minimal input from me. He could have gone further but he decided to reroll and follow a build the second time once he realized that he chose the wrong weapon type for his first dude.

It's pretty accessible if you have someone to point you in the right direction to get you started

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

It's not a good idea to link your curses to your main skill. Because you could be dealing damage instead with those two links.

You can do thinks like curse with orb of storms, or counterattack gems, or with a blasphemy aura instead.

You can also CwDT a level 1 Blade Vortex that does Curse on hit + whatever separate from your main attack link for BV

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

So the maul is a massive DPS boost, but I need to respec out of axes and into maces. Worth it I guess?

I'm also going to miss the +100 life on my axe. :(

I can't suggest speccing into maces just to use Marohi Erqi - all the unique maces are bad as end-game weapons, it's the weapon type to pick if you want to be a special snowflake or pay nothing for your wimpy noodle sticks. Source: I have a mace sunder berserker this league.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's a really good game that people have been playing for years that offers no power (other than ease of trading) through microtransactions and it doesn't have anything you can really whale out on (do the gambling boxes even have exclusive items?) so even though I'd never want to buy or wear a $480 cosmetic armor set I can understand why people do. I've bought 40 premium stash tabs though so maybe I don't have room to talk

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

McFrugal posted:

Heralds don't work with Chieftains. It's not an aura.

Totem damage is based on your damage, so the part of a herald that increases your damage increases the damage of totems. They don't get the part that causes a specific effect when killing an enemy afflicted by their status, that part only applies to you.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

is there room in the guild yet for IMissBreach?

I have a pretty sweet skele mages auramancer and I need people to run maps with

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Does anyone have suggestions for gear I can work for on my Skeleton Mages necro? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/benh1987/characters

Other than a 6L sword I'm at a loss for what to work towards.

Currently running 7 auras + Leer Cast and Dying Breath on my Animate Guardian + the regen aura on Shaper's Seed

Not actually sure what my DPS is because it doesn't seem like PoB calculates skele mage DPS correctly - it's saying 5k per skeleton but I do waaaaaaaaaay more than 50k DPS.

Survivability is fine other than I want more Life + ES, that's mostly going to come on the tree/scion life wheel and I can squeeze a little more out of the rares which is my goal if there's nothing bigger to work toward.

I'm running one From Dust and 4 To Dusts and can't fit more jewels into my build

Is there some kind of expensive end-game option I'm missing here?

Edit: Pretty sure I answered my own question here, PoB shows my mage DPS going from 5k each to 26k each with 6l sword + Empower + level 20 gems, but I'm a little wary of how accurate it is since there's no way it's right about my current dps

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 28, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Shakenbaker posted:

You can craft some minion damage onto gloves, another %15 never hurt anyone. Comedy option of getting another aura on your Animate Guardian by going with Victario's Flight for another 10% movement speed for you and your menagerie. While waiting on that 6th link in your sword I'd toss Desecrate into it and put a Blind gem into the boots so that your golem can debuff things a little bit, too.

I've been running skele mages this league too, and while I'm pretty sure I went about it in the dumbest way possible (CI :getin:) I'm still enjoying it. So many tiny dots being vomited at everything :allears:

Thanks! Good call on moving Desecrate and using Blind, I'm still like 250 chaos away from a 6l sword so this will serve me well for now. And I'll get some minion damage crafted.

Victario's Flight sounds hilarious and I badly need movespeed but I'm worried about his survivability without Atziri's Step. Then again maybe Southbound + Ambu's alone are enough (for big fat +life and endurance charges). I'll have to try it.

I agree that skele mages is sweet. This is the first summoner/pet build I've played in any ARPG (and I've played every ARPG) that feels right since Diablo 2 Skelemancer and my clear speed with From Dust is absurd. It's literally the fastest clearing character I've ever played, but I've never played Vaal Spark.

Quick question about Skeletons though, PoB shows rank 19->20 on Skele Mages literally tripling their DPS on its own (and then very small returns above 20, making Empower bad). Does anyone know if that's true or just an error in the way PoB calculates things? I can't find info about what exact effect levels have on Summon Skeletons though

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 28, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Has anyone ever made a good build with Wings of Entropy?

They made Skele Mages the build of the week so I sold off all of my Skele Mage gear for double what I paid for it (Thanks GGG) and I don't know what to reroll as, but I've wanted to use Wings of Entropy ever since I first saw it, I just can't imagine anything that would make it good since it's split chaos/elemental/phys damage

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I sold my skele mages stuff and made a dark pact occultist which is absurdly strong (a single right click explodes an entire screen up to t10 right now and I'm only level 68) but good lord is it easy to kill yourself when you cast 9 times per second costing 6% of your life with each cast. I keep dying during boss invulnerability phases where I can't leech from them because my reaction times are bad :(

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Can someone help me price this?

I didn't expect much with low life roll + some t3/4 mods but I threw it in a 20c stash tab and got spammed by like 8 people within 3 minutes and took another look at it.

I can't find anything comparable, even showing items listed by offline players. There aren't any amulets on HSC with this combination of mods and there are only two on Standard, they both have significantly lower rolls and are unpriced.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 2, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ah there we go. I've learned this league that lots of attributes = huge price inflation, so I used your search to find this one, which is the same as mine but with crit strike instead of crit mult, and flat cold instead of rarity listed for 5ex

http://poe.trade/search/hewogatokaunos

I put mine up for 140c and I'll inch it down toward 100 if it doesn't sell. Thanks!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 2, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Shakenbaker posted:

Managed to get a Breach unique drop and of course it isn't one that's got any real value. Would it even be worth building around a Xoph bow? I've never done an ignite build and I'm half-rear end thinking about it.

I made a Xoph Bow + Signal Fire tornado shot ranger once in Breach, with The Taming + Emberwake back when Emberwake let Ignite stack up to 300 times and Taming gave you a 10% increased damage buff for every active Ignite.

It was bad against bosses/in high tier maps when Emberwake gave you 300 ignites, it's probably much worse now that it only gives you a second ignite.

Clear speed was pretty baller though even without Emberwake + Taming so if you wanna make a xoph bow currency farmer, go for it. I could clear the entirety of Dry Lake by firing like 5 times in expensive gear.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 3, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I don't think it's worth trying to 6link your own gear in this league unless you're doing it to gamble. Fuses are 23:10c right now, Vorici 6l is 1500 fuses (652 chaos) which is allegedly (no one has exact numbers) "slightly more" expensive than the statistical mean.

It's open to interpretation what 'slightly more' means but if we assume that the real average is 1200 fuses (seems like a safe bet) you'd generally be spending 521 chaos to 6-link something. Even at 1000 it's 434 chaos. Add this to the cost of the base item (~50c for belly) and the cost of getting 6 sockets if necessary (~10-20 chaos) and you're paying at best the same as you would for a pre-6L or at worst ~20%+ more than you would by just buying it already 6L

This is true all the time, really, but the effect is more pronounced in Harbinger because chaos have a lot more value than they normally do, which has for me at least made me think about every drat chaos I spend.

There's always the chance of getting it in 10 or 100 or 500 or whatever fuses and that gives you a payday, but the bigger the payday the less likely it is. I don't think it's worth gambling on gear that you actively want/need to use but I'll 6S and toss a bunch of fuses on to a belly I happen to find and want to sell anyway.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

J posted:

Are there any builds out there besides ancestral warchief berserker that are tanky enough to comfortably do full key uber lab runs, that also have enough damage to do uber atziri? Trying to avoid playing that again but it does seem to be the best build that comes to mind for what I'm looking to do.

Dark Pact Berserker. You need more life to survive 1-shots than other people (10% inc damage from berserker and also the 6% life cost of DP just to be safe) but that's easy to do when life scales your damage and you start as a Marauder, it has insane clearspeed, can wear Bisco's, hits 1mil+ DPS and 8 casts per sec that all insta-leech to full.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 4, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Xequecal posted:

I would not recommend any kind of Vaal Pact Berserker for uber lab, the traps will make you want to kill yourself.

I use wands and teleport past all the traps and you can do the same thing with leap slam too if you want to use one of the melee builds :shrug: They're very easy to avoid when you have some practice doing lab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Doc Walrus posted:

Here's the character link:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DozensofWolves/characters?characterName=WarchiefKalaag
This is really the roadblock I hit in game like this, I make a character who kicks all kinds of rear end until a certain point, then they just melt. :<

You don't have Vaal Pact which makes all the Berserker Leech nodes, which will be your primary method of survivability, worthless. The life you leech per second is capped so having 100% of damage dealt as leech does nothing for you, Vaal Pact will remove that limitation and heal you to full instantly every time you swing. You also don't need to take dedicated leech nodes when you're a Berserker. VP disables regen so drop the regen nodes when you get it (you only have 2 I think)

Further recommendations would be to drop the +resist nodes because it's easy to get resist capped from gear alone, and also drop the +armor nodes unless you're planning on stacking armor super high but you don't really need to do that when you have Berserker leech + VP, and drop the Fortify node because you don't have a source of Fortify Nevermind I noticed that you have a fortify on cleave jewel.

You can take Resolute Technique (you're already right next to it) to have 100% accuracy and not deal crits, you're not building for Crit so this is a good tradeoff and lets you drop your accuracy nodes too.

Basically get Vaal Pact then focus all your other points on Max Life and doing more damage

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 5, 2017