Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'm discovering for the first time today that the Templar has dialogue for Acts 5-10 and I feel like it adds so much more character to him than the rest of the characters who still seem to say nothing. Has this always been a thing?

im playing for the firs ttime are u telling me this

isnt something they all do??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
idk bro i started playing the game this league after not watning to play d2 for the 50th time and this game is extremely fast. no idea what youre talking about honestly lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
pray i get to see the game at full strength in the future :pray:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Elentor posted:

I think Last Epoch is faster than PoE (especially with character progression since you get all the good poo poo before the first boss act) but when we talk about PoE being slow it's because the early game is glacially slow comparatively to the end game. The gap is much higher than any other ARPG and the top-end speed is much higher than D2 or D3 or whatever.

For the love of God drop that poo poo.

le is def faster at getting thru the campaign content and into the end game but ur not zipping around as fast as poe. its sort ofin the middle of poe and diablo for zooming around the map

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
he should be killed.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
if i absolutely hate having traps on rf build for bosses and end up just running around burning them instead anyway what can i use instead. someone suggested totem is thaht doable?? just anything but the stupid traps

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
just realised having a max level frost blink gem on an rf build is what was making me instantly explode on reflect monsters, not the rf

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
however depsite that mistake feel like im doing ok overall

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
if you blink into a big enough pack w a level 20 gem it doesnt seem to matter

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

sorry reddit says there's no loot, so your drops aren't real

i just did a 20% deli mpa where the only notable stuff that dropped outside osme low tier currency was roughly 20 flasks and 100 unlinked six slot weapons/armor

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
i usuually play arpgs ssf but going by how the game is currently doing so would be akin to slamming my fingers repeatedly in a door. presumably people are talking about some previous patch where that wasnt the case and it wouldve been fun to do, instead.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Gnarly Sheen posted:

Im downloading the game RIGHT NOW what should i know before jumping into this next generation chinese diablo knockoff experience

some,thing important i learned thaht isnt communicated in the game as far as i can tell: therhes break point acts where ur resistances get slammed by a negative modifier which will lead you to suddenly exploding for no reason at the start of a new act. dont remember which ones sorry.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

The Wonder Weapon posted:

The game is great, the league is shallow but fine, and making rare monsters more than a trash mob with a yellow name is good.

i am abut a simple noob however wrt yellow monsters it would be really good if they were consistent. here are the main types ive com e across:

1. trash tier, basically just mowed down like a white mob, barely even clock it existing
2. does zero damage to you but takes 2 seconds to die instead
3. does zero damage to you but takes 5 seconds to die
4. takes 5 seconds to die and if youre moving it doesnt hurt you
5. actual damage threat, but explodes immediately
6. actual damage threat, can kite easily
7. actual damage, decent hp pool but not overly large, hard to kite/tank but doable as long as u are interacting w the game and paying attention

then there is a large power gulf to the next set of them which are

1. 5 million projectiles are on the screen, and some are not even visible. if you touch one you are dead
2. enemy flies from offscreen into melee range and one taps you
3. is a lower tier yellow except after it dies the entire screen explodes killing you
4. appears to have 99% resists and takes 5 years to die. may have some regen or hp recover that makes it effectively immortal. can be combined with any of the other extremely annoying types above, for some reason.

i feel like the second group are not a good or fun interaction, generally.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

What you're saying is that many rare mobs don't pose a considerable threat other than needing to dps it for a few seconds, and sometimes you encounter one that's very challenging because you're running content that's pushing your build's defensive layers and you hit a particularly dangerous combination

Sounds fine

teh top end of the first group pose a considerable threat that can be outplayed. the second group kills me before i can see what they do and are often non interactive. an example of something that does push my builds defensive layers but i can comprehend what theyre doing and what i need to change, would be the bosses. for exmaple i struggled w atziri the first time and it was clear where iw as lacking, and after my upgrades i could get thru much easier, and going back now for fragments i can face tank her, and this has been repeating for the other bosses. this is a v nice power progression where i am interacting w game mechanics and gearing in an enjoyable way with a curve to things. a random yellow i did not see yet and whos modifiers i cannot check before it instagibs me from across the screen is none of this. the yellow filling the screen with projectiles except this time they hurt and one shotting me also isnt. rolling a metamorph a tile next to the entrance of the lake and having it be a coinflip if it one shots me or tickles me isnt either. the other problem is theyre not consistently doing this, i find a rare that does this once every 5-6 maps, and the ones i absolutely cant kill once every maybe 20. so the game gives me no info really on what ive done wrong or where im lacking, and it also doesnt really incentivise me heavily to be concerning myself with fixing my build specifically for them. the other inconsistency is they dont seem to be map tier restricted, ive ran 20-40% deli t16 corrupted maps w no deaths and only dangerous but not instantly fatal rares. ive ran basic t14s w a random ultra rare that makes a corner of the map inaccessible. overall, the second group seems to be fairly fail.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
there is one situation where its somewhat ok though, when its an essence monster and i can look at it and not click on it to let it out. however i would not consider this particularly engaging gampela y either

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
i am immune to corrupted blood and have capped chaos resist. i am working on spell suppression and block, hopefully w a aegis soon. random rares will absolutely leap across the screen and destroy me for no apparent reason once every handful of maps while i can comfortably do pre uber bosses and slam thru juiced maps like a lunatic.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Reiterpallasch posted:

no he's right, true offscreen one-shots are really rare and you can usually run away from them if you react in time. the really hosed up monsters are the ones that can run faster than your movement skill goes and will one-tap you with a melee hit. not really sure this is a compelling defense of the game though

those are the ones i mean lol they sprint from offscreen into melee range and murder you before you can react the first time you see them, then u try and kite them and realise that pocket of the map is off limits now.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
i am really enjoying the game overall, however.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Every time I encounter these it's because I know I'm cutting corners on defense somewhere and it's my own fault. And then I spend two portals kiting it and not getting greedy or impatient.

It's fine

i cant kite something which is faster than me w my flasks active and spamming my movement abilities

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

i mean poe always gives you tools to not die to stuff, but the fun part of poe is ignoring that dumb hardcore player bullshit and just stacking more offensive mods on every single affix slot

then after you get bored of that you make an aegis aurora armor stacker that can afk invitations

imo the ehp scaling of archnems was the big mistake they made with them and the sheer amount of volatiles and 30 second on death effects was the close second. I'm probably a bit off on my own with being completely fine that AN mobs are killing tf out of people, but that just seems like the point of the game.

as TN said above, having a +1/-1, or hell even a few of those, near the start of the tree would've helped people feel more favorably towards them. There are the damage/hp nodes near the start of the tree that are basically that and which are chronically underused, but that's not the same. I think the variance of archnem mod combinations is the strength of the system and I wish there was a way to opt-in to getting to experience more variance there

theres def rares that kill me and its ok. if i feel like i couldve outplayed the situation or done something then its fine i messed up. its just the ones where its im full hp and its not visible -> it has sprinted on screen and one shot me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

yeah on that note: poe has historically had a problem with attacks/spells not rendering from a certain distance from the player so you can get offscreen blasted by stuff that doesn't render. ostensibly that's mostly deliberate, but occasionally poe gets rendering bugs, too, depending on what's going on with various driver/engine stuff. this isn't a problem insofar as the game isn't meant to be rendering offscreen stuff for obvious reasons, but it also is never really explained anywhere so, paradoxically, the safest place to be is always to keep the most dangerous mobs on screen. Plus all the dangerous stuff requires some kind of counterplay to not die to and if you can't see it, you can't time your dashes or w/e. This is in direct contrast to most other arpgs where you can cheese the ai and just spray damage offscreen at dangerous mobs until they die. If you try that in poe they just aggro on you outside of render range and gently caress your poo poo up. You especially do not want to try to offscreen bosses lol

naturally this is never explained in game in poe

i havntn really had spells or anything that hasnt rendered i mean the extremely fast rares who just sprint/tele at you.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
the onyl build ive played so far is rf so how abour rf

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
i dont know if its just me but ritual currently has been making the ground flip out sometimes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
ah so you think when ritual wasnt crashing it was actually fun. well heres a post you saying it was fun. explain yourself if you would.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
my firs ttime doing exarch i nearly beat the entire fight deathless until i died once on the meteors, and the game would no longer zoom out and it made the fight 100x harder and i just chain died lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
another raw double div drop means i could finall y buy an aegis. now to redo my tree and prep for melding i guess

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
d3 at launch was better than it is now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Flavahbeast posted:

listing garbage on the auctionhouse for literally hundreds of irl dollars and having it actually sell ftw

the rmt part was the only problem really lol thaht needed to go. however i am absoklutley biased bcos i got an exceptional drop that bank rolled my monk into actually pushing progression and doing solo diablo attempts on inferno

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Magus42 posted:

Only if you were one of the lucky few that got an obscene drop that sold for crazy high and let you finance everything else you were doing.

not my problem :mrgw:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
well i have to ad mit when im wrong. technically this isnt offscreen. my bad everyone

https://i.imgur.com/yWdpsHW.mp4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
yeah but the clip is funny

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
no im premelding lol its absolutely why it merked me just v funny. i went back in and blinked ontop of it so it couldnt do that charge and it did 0 damage to me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
i simply got very unlucky that i didnt block it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
anyway i wasnt scared i was clicking on the card

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

pork never goes bad posted:

The two weaver mods convert half phys to ele each and add 50% phys as ele each, then mana siphoner converts another 50% phys to lightning and adds 25% phys as lightning. With their increased mods too, it's a total of 100% phys to lightning and 50% phys to cold, 50% phys added as cold, 75% phys added as lightning, 50% increased cold damage, and 80% increased lightning damage. That's a really big ele hit in the end!

why doesntn it just say that instead of the name that doesnt mean anything lol :dafuq: v important info that i refuse to look up

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
perhaps it s hsould have a name that indicates

50% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage
25% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
30% increased Lightning Damage

instead of one that just says it siphons mana

its still funny to me that specifically the charge attack would do that but i could stand on top of them and take zero damage

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

CubeTheory posted:

Oh my bad, I saw you got Aegis and thought you had switched

no i got to get a bunch of cold res gear now and reitemise extra mods into spell suppression. probably couldve been doing it before to prep but i was farming currency mainly, and i thought it would take longer lol

pork never goes bad posted:

It is funny, and it is a rough death. I'm not trying to dunk on you! totalnewbie is absolutely right about positioning - melee is often safest, right on top of poo poo and doing wee circles around it.

yeah but i wanted the card

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
im not clicking some link in the game to go look at a forum post mate are you off your loving rocker. daft.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
i dunno that a build tool is the same as wanting whaht the mods on enemies do to be somewhere in the game

i was playing last epoch bfore i decided to try poe again and poe is def more fun to me, however in the info department its night and day. le lists short text of what mods are doing w/o the specific numbers on the enemy, has a death recap, the in game materials actually define specific language used on gear so you dont have to google poe more vs increased to get basic information abaout what is happening in the game. even if u dont want to put them directly on the screen (could at least be an option) thheres zero reason why the rare enemy mods cant just be listed in the game guide that theyve already made?? theyve listed out the info already themselves, and made a panel for putting info in, and yet its not there lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
i had no reason to think mana siphon did anything other than siphon mana until the moment it synergized w two other modifiers and one shot me. and in fact after it happened i had no reason to believe it was "mana siphon" that was responsible lol