Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'm completely new at PoE. Can anyone comment on my theory build? Marauder mace w/ armor and leech. Added attack speed and stun as well.

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAP8AEAEA...vNvSdUJuwAAAAAA

Aside from knowing I'm above the point cap, what can I improve? Tried to get above 150% life as recommended. Also trying to synergize Unwavering and Iron Reflexes, and made an attempt at picking up other useful nodes on the way. Vaal wasn't too far out of the way so I grabbed that and some additional leech as well. Warrior's Blood seems useless since I can't get stunned, but it's sort of along a crucial path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

No clue, and not planning for 100, so I’ll need to drop a few nodes.

If you’re saying my 150% life can partially come from the ascendancy then I’d consider Juggernaut if only to drop some of the existing life nodes. Dunno.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

If you could show a transaction price trend like any normal modern market you’d be able to weed out the price fixers from the true prices. But that would require a record of transactions and probably some in game market implementation. Not happening.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Smashydoo wants an invite to the guild. Please invite me.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Estraysian posted:

Seems like a pretty disappointing end to a disappointing league.

What would be a good end?

I have no context as this is my first league.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yeah I wouldn’t mind if coming across Cavas happened sometimes but literally every map is a little much.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

So what are most folks going to do - continue playing Synthesis or move to Flashback? Is the main league gonna be dead for when this comes out?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Endgame, what is worth even picking up now? Currency, 6L, uniques for a price check, anything else?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Are 6 sockets worth anything more than the 7 jewelers? Only if they are 6L?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I’ve never done the chaos recipe. Seems like way too much inventory tetris except at low levels and at the beginning of a league. Not worth the time imo... but maybe I’m mislead.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

What’s the fastest clear speed build these days, with a reasonable (read: not insane) investment? Worb? TS? Autobomber?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lol - bonkers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VSXHyy6GvE

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Trying out winter orb trickster before it maybe gets nerfed, solidly level 60 or so.

I feel like things explode, but I’m also very squishy (which is probably partially a gear problem) but also that I need to stop and recast frequently which is frustrating. Does this get better, maybe with faster cast speed, the shaper amulet and/or temporal chains?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I’m trying out that Cast on Crit Cospris Flicker Strike cancer build. I’m level 50 and can’t quite keep frenzy up so I’m using Frost Blades right now instead. It’s just starting to get silly - crit chance is 50% or so and stuff just melts to the barrage of Frost Bolt and Ice Nova. It’s really quite silly.

Once I can switch to Flicker and equip a Cospri’s, poo poo is gonna go off the rails.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

can we please get some pokemopn go crossover? I'm thinking you can catch a shiny digdug in delve with einhar and sell it for 1ex to perandus if and when he spawns (rare)

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

This got real stupid real quick.

Someone probably thought it was funny. It’s not. It’s just dumb. If it was truly hate speech then it is dumb AND pathetic. But I doubt that.

Remove it if it bothers you, or ask someone to, and move on. And if you can, call them out as an unfunny edgelord. The end.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I tried doing a CoC build in Flashback and got absolutely wiped by mobs. I was just far too squishy as a melee character, having to get in range. Aside from Cyclone and melee skills having a bigger AoE, how are they addressing the defensiveness gap between being a melee and a ranged?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

saintonan posted:

Yet another reason I like playing a zombiemancer as a league starter. There's not a map boss yet that I've found that doesn't die to 12 zombies and 30+ skeletons. (Map boss excluding guardians and shaper, etc.)

I’ve always wondered - how is speed with minions? Aren’t you always charging ahead of them and having to wait for them to catch up?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ok, watched Baeclast and the melee changes do look cool. Cyclone in particular looks like it's going to be very fun.

Still, I really wonder will be able to hold a candle to the clearspeed that ranged has. Even if they throw down some caster nerfs, something like winter orb or tornado shot seems like it'll be real hard to beat.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Beltimbers are so expensive now :/

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

rawk cawk posted:

Forgot to ask - does anyone need a few shaper sets on Synth Flashback SC? I have 12 sets left and not really trying to make money at this point.

I'm also playing winter orb. Still.

When does this league end?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hard to pick what to do. Cyclone lgoh sounds fun, is HoAg actually good? Also tempted to try out a tried and true build like soulrend trickster as long as it doesn’t get nerfed into the ground.

Lgoh does sound appealing - my strongest build so far was a molten strike lgoh juggernaut. That thing was basically unkillable - the life gain was insane.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

When doing lab runs, do you try to grab all the keys or just bumrush the enchant altar?

Also, can anyone point me at some good rules for what sort of rares are good to pick up? I find that a lot of the neversink semi-strict item filter stuff that crops up is not actually worth grabbing.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Still not settled on a build. Guess I gotta wait for the patch notes to know what is truly viable.

I would like to do some high clearspeed build, and so both Consecrated Path and Charged Dash sound appealing, but I worry their damage will fall off late game against bosses. Cyclone CWC or NF Cyclone Chieftain also seem appealing but I worry about the same fundamental scaling issue and they seem like they'll just be slower regardless. The Boyz seems like it would be really fun to play as well, with crazy single target, at the cost of even more clearspeed and area damage.

I'm pretty new at PoE so if anyone has any guiding thoughts I'd love the hear them.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Problem is the tree is changing in some ways, so I wouldn’t spend too much time in PoB until we know the extent of the changes.

That Oro’s Flicker Strike also looks fun, but it looks pretty dependent on specific uniques to work well, so probably not a league starter.

Strongly considering the Boyz, and also that Incinerate Elementalist looks pretty fun too as a league starter.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

wodin posted:

Urgh, I apparently touched a nerve I wasn't intending to. Pretend I never said anything about flasks - what are builds that are low-input/APM on the skill front? RF Jugg was mentioned, I've seen some Bane/Soulrend builds that use Blade Vortex to trigger secondary effects (most of which seem to be on the more expensive side, sadly). It sounds like WOrb is low-APM as well? I assume anything that maps with reasonable efficiency is going to have one of Flame Dash/Shield Charge/Whirling Blades that I'll have to deal with as a baseline, but I don't want to get into a situation that I was in with some other games where I built a character I literally couldn't play when my RSI was acting up.

My strongest build (of the 5 I’ve played so far) was a Molten Strike Juggernaut with LGoH via Thief’s Torment. It was low APM for sure - target lock and hold right click until the target dies. With auto target lock switching on enemy death it’ll be even less clicky, and it was quite strong.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Carrier posted:

For anyone thinking (as I was) about doing a big boi clearspeed glad (maybe as a wander or bow glad) it turns out that if you oneshot a mob, even if you have 100% chance to bleed, the mob will not do a bleed explosion on death. This differs from e.g. inpulsas explosions. As far as I can tell the reason for this is that you can apply a shock to a corpse but you cannot apply a bleed to a corpse. Not a massive deal but it does mean that if you want to take full advantage of the bleed explosions you really have to make sure you aren't oneshotting mobs which is pretty counter-intuitive (unless you do some shenanigans with southbound gloves).

How does this differ from melee applications? I can’t imagine builds like The Boys don’t oneshot whites. If the bleed explosion doesn’t occur on oneshots, how are The Boys and other melee builds using it?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Carrier posted:

Its the same for melee. Its been a while since I've played a bleed gladiator but my suspicion is that some of the pack wasn't getting oneshot, or the builds weren't really oneshotting but hitting so fast that it looked like a oneshot.

I’m not sure I believe you - rewatch the video for The Boys build - do you really think he isn’t one shotting any? Every pop appears to pop.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I’d join. I’ll probably be around 10p-midnight CST most evenings.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Wow, big Multistrike nerfs. That’s a huge blow to builds like multistrike molten strike, probably flicker as well...

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

If you were planning to run Bane, Soulrend, HoAg, Winter Orb, Storm Brand, or Multistrike, and are expecting to be insanely OP, think again.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Trickster Ghost charged are nerfed too lol

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I guess this pushes me further toward The Boys or some Cyclone AS focused build - maybe Ngamahu Chieftain or some Raider thing.

They didn't say anything about ranged bow builds, so maybe Tornado Shot will still be good?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBp6yeVSiDU&t=2593s

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

How would a dual Cospri's cyclone Slayer work out? Maybe flicker strike instead? Or are you better off maybe going straight physical / conversion build?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1136038325582671873

so within the next 12 hours or sooner

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1136059262805745664

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1136091828497764352

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

DW Gladiator Bleedsplosion. Pretty much "The Boys" but reworked for the new passive tree. Over 1M double strike DPS and instant leech with dual bloodseekers. Most of the gear is just mediocre-good rares, no extremely expensive uniques or shaper/elder drops. I even left a Tabula plugged in for the 6L, so there's probably a bit of room for optimization. Especially HP which is roughly 5k and should probably be built up further maybe by grabbing other passives, swapping out the tabula, or using some crafting mods.

https://pastebin.com/KF9aK84k

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

How nutty could a dual Cospri's cast-on-crit cyclone slayer be? Or flicker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Updated version of the vaal double strike gladiator w/ bleed explosions, based on that The Boys build but updated for the new skill tree. 2.39m DPS with a little bit of PoB warrioring. Any thoughts? Although I am still very tempted to go with a cyclone build.

https://pastebin.com/hevc0Z4E

Pretty sure some of the new gems will be better, so you could probably replace some of the support gems with the new ones and squeeze out some more damage/defense. Might also drop some of the offensive nodes further to pick up more life from the Scion area (at +175% now).