Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Poe is good, play poe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

theshim posted:

Ugh, removing the jewel vendor is very very slightly annoying. It'll still be pretty easy to get all the jewels most likely, so I can still do my frostbolt totems, but it would have been nice to not be reliant on trading for it.

I'm also mad because I'm going to miss approximately 75% of the first five days :argh:

Its just a quest now, unless you need multiple of them per character it shouldn't matter.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Man get ready for Beyond Thunderdome w/r/t guild invites.

If you don't play for 2-3 days at some point in the first two weeks of the league, expect that you wont be in when you come back

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

euphronius posted:

If you aren't in maps within 6 hours you are a personal failure.

I think hitting maps is gonna be a fair amount slower now

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Guys I managed to make an outfit that doesn't look total poo poo w/ the harbinger crown effect

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hooplah posted:

This map boss life rebalance thing is super discouraging and kinda makes me not want to map anymore. If I'm one-shotting nearly every pack in the map, the boss shouldn't brick wall me like that. I don't know what they were thinking with this change. I'm wiping on loving t3s.

The boss life increase on t3s is about 5%. It isn't what's making you unable to kill the boss.

E; im off a bit on this depending on which boss. Apparently some got brought up more than others. Winged Death went from 150k to 500k life, but that's a 1 second fight to a 5 second fight. T16 bosses have 12.6 million hp for example, and the fights usually last less than a minute.

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 18, 2017

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

So the Xbox launch is today, idk if this thread should update with that, or if someone who owns an Xbox should make a new one?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Lechtansi posted:

I've had the same ARPG keybinds for 5+ years, like hell am I gonna redo muscle memory just for POE.

Right Click = Primary Skill
A = secondary skill
D = movement skill
S/F = buffs
Shift = hold still

I can't figure out why games have defaulted to something other than left hand on ASDF. Like, do people not use the home row for keyboard anymore?

This past league i rebound my last skill slot to spacebar, so i don't have to move my hands from asdf. I only use it for stuff like vaal buffs or golems anyways.

Edit: relevant to this discussion

Do you just not have thumbs is that the explanation here

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

please knock Mom! posted:

wtf do I do now

Wew two of those on blade vortex seems a bit insane!

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Was some Poe vs D3 art design talk a bit back.

That's just templar being a doof.

StashAugustine posted:

considering buying a cloak, how do those look with quivers? soul strike doesnt have art and it looks kinda lame

If you put a cloak on, the quiver disappears.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

hawowanlawow posted:

I'm starting to think it's impossible to get 2 green and 3 blue on a destroyer's raiment 5 link

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html use this

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Love to read this thread occasionally and see someone self own that hard

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

QuantaStarFire posted:

I feel the trick is to not obsess over capturing everything and just snag whatever rares/uniques cross your path.

The trick is to ignore the league mechanic entirely until maps.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I basically do it at random over the first few days, but I dont kick people that have been online within ~3-4 days

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Holy poo poo this race feels 100x better than Bestiary.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Trash for treasure is always a Skyforth

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

whypick1 posted:

The first couple acts I was totally dogshit at them. Around A5/A6 was when I could actually full clear them.

For me, incursions were cool at low level (acts 1-3ish) then I skipped them until I hit maps. It's not really tuned for leveling, which is fine since that's the shortest part of the game.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Papercut posted:

Jesus Christ this game is complicated 😳

Yeah but it's fun

Also nerds asking for ginvites, there was like 1 slot left, but after that the next purge will be TUESDAY. If you want to be in guild still, make sure you've logged in between sunday and tuesday evening.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Zotix posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/srt4eblue/characters

Can someone look at my lovely Juggernaut and tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong? I was under the assumption that going Juggernaut/ Sunder was an easy way to uber lab farm at the beginning of the league. I'm getting one shot by Izaro with Fortify up. I feel like I've basically wasted this weekend on this character instead of going some FotM Arc, or Blade Vortex, etc.

So if you've never done uber lab farm theres some poo poo to know re: izaro. You have to realize that early on you probably wont be able to facetank. Learn his moves and what you have to dodge or not, and if you can run X keys, etc.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Applebee123 posted:

It feels to me like melee builds dont get enough of a payoff for having to be in melee range tanking hits. My melee builds are all about "Well I'm going to be in melee range with these bosses/rares tanking big hits, which 4-5 layers of defenses can I stack to just about survive it", my ranged builds are "Eh, I will kill everything while it is on the other side of the screen, if it ever makes it over to me I will run to the other side of the screen with my +100% movement speed".

All melee really gets is fortify, which also requires you to proc it, and 20% less damage doesn't feel like it makes up for getting chunked by bosses every second because you are standing next to them.

Surprisingly a lot of the time it's easier to dodge poo poo in melee.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Firos posted:

I’m away for a week so please don’t kick Firos from the guild tia.

Yeah these posts don't work

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

nerox posted:

I guess an infinite dungeon is a way to shift speed meta to tank meta, if the rewards are good enough that killing deeper delve levels outweighs quickly clearing earlier levels.

Assuming the fuel amount on your drill isn't time based

Also I don't think there's legacy gear in these reliquaries, just old league uniques.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I'm out of town this weekend so I plan on doing a big ol purge Thursday at some point, then GOOD LUCK FUCKERS until next Monday.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

euphronius posted:

Oh it’s fake and I’m dumb I guess

I’m bad at the Internet.

Also yeah there's no way they're going back to level 20 gems when that's the first thing they nerfed about BoR in the first place

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Philthy posted:

Fairly new to PoE in it's current state. I bought(?) the game like 40 years ago when it was alpha or something and didn't care for it much at the time and forgot about it until like a week ago and now it looks like it's Diablo 2 on steroids, which seems really cool.

I'm working to make a Templar Spark Inquisitor build and one thing I am unsure of with builds is how expensive they are. I see cheap and expensive equipment stats. Don't people just farm items? I don't mind trading for certain things, but if you're expected to trade for 99% of your gear that's a huge turn off.

You can beat the hardest content in Solo Self Found, but just like D2 you're gonna have to trade for rare build defining uniques if you choose to do those builds.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Whys someone gotta steal my lovely l;eveling items from guild. cmon friends dont do this to me

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Is there interest in a private league next league? I kind of doubt it since the Goon Only Economy would probably not be great, and we have such a wide swath of different playstyles

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

TheRat posted:

rip projectpt

I wont be playing private leagues at launch, but inhouse races later on in the league could be fun

CHBLAMT races to brutus. Sure you can try to gank but who knows what the gently caress mods the players already in the zone have?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Tai posted:

Still chasing a self 6L. Broke 10k fusings the other night (over 3 leagues).

My starforge from atlas of worlds launch took 12k over leagues, I believe in you

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Grimoire posted:

(give me a +proj craft on flasks so I can run all pseudo dying suns)

I'm gonna guess they dont do that

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Well every league I'm like "dang this league looks good I wonder if I'll buy supporter packs" then I end up getting both anyway (except for beastiary which was awful) but HOLY poo poo the packs this time look rad.

Also, apparently there will be Betrayal expansion packs as well to replace the WftA packs, hopefully those own too.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Salt Fish posted:

I was reading about leagues and I can't believe all this Delve content is temporary :psyduck: I just thought it was a core part of the game. That was basically all I was doing last night, running through the delve content and getting yellow gear for my dude.

The amount of work that goes in to each season/league is insane

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

gently caress Wraixet would have been a way better thread title

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Arrhythmia posted:

"All Veiled mods will be craftable at your crafting bench once they're unveiled."

So, multimod items are going to be the default endgame for, uh, everything now right?

e: also, is it possible for a party to play the ctf pvp because i am at my loving wits end trying to get into a pubby match for this achievement

It's quite possible multimod has been changed or removed or just doesn't work with these

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

TheRat posted:

Yeah that's just incredibly hosed up dude

Eh depends on what you're buying tbqh. Trying to buy maps or currency or cheap uniques is a loving chore.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

this is correct

JerryLee posted:

That'll be when they announce the new major expansion with its own packs, right?

Betrayal is both a league and an expansion.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Wheres my dang MTX sales

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Vasudus posted:

On the plus side, at least tabs are easier to sort now when a new league starts.

wait why

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Chucullinn posted:

Looks like I got purged from the guild even though I logged in only a few days ago and was still in it. Oh well..

Looking for a re-invite when possible, IGN: Chucullinn

Sorry the guild is super full I went down to people that have logged on since Monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Apple Craft posted:

So I just got removed from the guild while online and playing for hours and hours today...

Can I get a reinvite? character name Silk_Undies

Like, seriously, I was typing in guild chat and was removed before I hit enter. RIP

You got kicked for "wtb a cosmetic to bring back the naked orb bitches," feel free to consider why that was something you got kicked for saying then feel free to reapply w/ rodent and get put in queue