Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Can DonSlappy get an invite to the guild please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Does the Soul of Arakaali interact with RF? If RF considered damage over time?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Can DonSlappy get a guild invite please

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

CMvan46 posted:

Which global channel is better to join?

Which STI is better to have?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I just looked up the price of Kaom's Heart and uh :stonk: I guess I can't afford that yet after all!!!

Pursuant to my post above, does Berserker RF still work without Kaom's?

For that matter, what about Juggernaut or Chieftain?

Use an ambus till you have enough for a kaoms.

Im mid 60s doing beserker RF and everything melts.

Edit : Just had my second ever unique box drop an exalt, which made me go look up how valuable they are. They are currently sitting at about 40c. Im used to nearly double that. Was legacys pricing out of whack and they are normally closer to 40c, or should I hold it for a while and see if prices recover?

Normally I would hold it, but just spent my last chaos on some gear and would like a new set of boots.

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 16, 2017

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Zotix posted:

Is this jewel worth anything? I don't really know much about the value of items as I just started playing this league.

Go to poe.trade and see if you can find one similar.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Foxhound posted:

You can just buy all your gear from other players if you want to. But leveling Vorici and Zana in particular is very good since it means you can buy gear without the "correct" sockets you need and fix the stuff you buy yourself with Vorici's crafting station. Zana will just make your map runs straight up more profitable the more you level her. The other masters' enchantments are good too so personally I'd recommend doing it but if it's somehow like pulling nails then no, it's not mandatory.

And if you trust them, other people can enchant your gear for you through their masters.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Dennis McClaren posted:

I just got to Act 2 in the Forest. I'm at the Forest town, but my ArmorMaster guy I got from Act1 didn't show up in town. How do you get masters to show up in new towns?

Even though he isn't in town, he can still show up randomly in the levels.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What is a good rf Sr build. I don't know which ascends are good.

pohx's RF beserker uses SR, but its unlinked.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Breach was definitely top loving tier, especially when you got several maps in a row with Beyond, and put zana mod Beyond on them :getin:

Mo_Steel posted:

Beyond Breach Harbinger with a Strongbox to activate. :unsmigghh: Give me blood.

Ciaphas posted:

Tack on Sea Witches And Their Spawn for extra :kheldragar:

whypick1 posted:

And fracturing enemies mod as well

:rip:

Jazerus posted:

the beyond bosses spawn possessed by tormented spirits, and any rogue exiles spawned by the strongbox summon a warband on death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Upx3V36_8

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Kild posted:

they have like 3k life or less I'm sure

I wiped on a t3 with 4k+ and max res when the boss, a harbinger and a rogue exile all spawned in the same room, and my tactic of "shield charge one spot till RF kills them" only took out the harbinger, the rogue and 95% of the bosses life before I got a phone call and missed a flask.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Dennis McClaren posted:

Ok great, that makes sense. Thank you.
I was advised by another goon in guild chat to just sell all the magic rare's I get that I won't use to the vendors for now, since I'm only lv24.
At what level should I start holding onto the stuff that I can't use to sell on poe.trade, instead of turning it into vendor trash. Basically at what level do magic rare gear drops start becoming valuable? I'm low level at 24 so it will probably be awhile..
the overwhelming majority of yellow items you pick up at every level will be vendor trash. No point keeping anything that isnt a direct upgrade to your gear, till maybe level 50ish.

Once its got a bunch of life and high resistances on it, then they start to be worth something.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bloodly posted:

That's a matter of sheer preference. Me, seeing all the poo poo that gets thrown at you, wonder 1 How a melee even deals with half of it and deals damage. 2. makes me not want to deal with any of it more than once ever. It's not worth the time or pain investment. I was similar with Diablo 2. Only one character has reached high levels, the rest I can't deal with or focus on.

Quoting for posterity.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bloodly posted:

My stuff has no value, and I have no actual currency-not in any value everyone keeps spouting. Trading is effectively barred due to sheer lack.

No it's not. You would be surprised at what you can buy with an alch or three, and if you are that low on cash, just pick up every yellow, id it and then vendor it. You will accumulate currency. Don't use currency on items, use them to trade.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

Hey so what do I do with all these low level uniques I keep finding? Do I try to sell them or are they useful for other things (other than leveling alts)?

Install the trade macro, which will quickly tell you (1) what people are listing the item for and (2) how good a version you have.

Even low level uniques can be valuable if they have good rolls. Otherwise, I have two stash tabs, one where everything is worth an alch and one where everything is worth a chance. lovely uniques get dumped in to the alch tab, then once a week I move everything to the chance tab. If the chance tab is full I vendor from there.

There are some I would keep a copy of like lifesprig and boots and a tabula because they make leveling so much better.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

Trade macro?

https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro from the OP

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

If you are going to be getting into trading, install the trade helper at the same time. Makes selling things so much easier.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

Well, speaking as a new player, this trading system is insane. AHK scripts, trade helpers, forum posts indexed by a third-party website that uses the game's API to see if the listers are online, god knows what else... holy gently caress. It's TYOOL 2017 for gently caress's sake.

Yes its silly, but its not that bad (yay stockholm syndrome)

Once you have a premium stash tab, you can throw things in there and they automatically appear on poe.trade. People message you for your poo poo, and you sell it to them. Buying is even easier. Find what you want on poe.trade, copy the message, paste to the seller, wait for a responce, go to hideout and pick up item.

There is very little incentive for GGG to change this, given (1) it works. (2) it encourages people to buy premium stash tabs and (3) there are more important things to fix first.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Personal NPC shop like in the older games would be an elegant solution for sale of disposable items. Currency, maybe skill gems and maps. That, and improved AFK/DND tracking would solve most reasonable grievances with the current state of affairs. Hell, just an actually responsive player availability status tracking would go a long way.

Yeah, the biggest annoyance I have with trading now is waiting on responses. I dont know how you could fix that though. A facebook style "this player usually responds within X minutes" could be too easily gamed.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Kild posted:

Mathil made the prices go up a bit but probably.

I wonder if he ever quietly buys up a whole bunch of stuff he is about to do a video on, and then wait for the price spike and sell.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NachtSieger posted:

Just curious, what are some gems I can get from a vendor that I can sell to players for an okay sum after I Gemcutter it at level 20 for a 20% quality one?

http://poe.trade/search/otahekekamabar

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

getting real sick of harbingers in the boss rooms of maps.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Can someone with elreon 7 contact Donslappy please, I need a crafted mod removed from a ring. Happy to pay a fee.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Ignore them unless they're wearing fancy hats and poo poo

Yes i will ignore the pack in the boss room good idea

*looks at name*

oh.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Wow queues to get into the game. Havent had those for ages.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Raged posted:

Think the Aus server farm got eaten by drop bears. Got disconnected and can't get back in.

Yeah, I cant either. Just hangs on the zone loading screen.

Annoying because I just finished a map, and was zoning back to my HO to unload and then wanted to get all the loot from the bosses. I know I saw another unique drop and now I will never know what it was.

edit : nope, singapore is working fine and i got it and it was a goredrill. Also, there is sweet gently caress all difference in ping between the two.

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 24, 2017

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Raged posted:

Honestly a lot of this map stuff is confusing for a first timer.

In other news any hints on farming orb of fusing? The only guides I found are pre 3.0 also none of my masters are high enough to buy them from them.

Don't worry about farming a specific type of currency, you can use currency.poe.trade to swap between them.

Best way to make money/currency is just to run maps. Lots and lots of maps. Find maps you enjoy.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Can you not use the Level 20 + GCP recipe on Vaal gems?

I thought vaal gems were corrupted

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Pastry Mistakes posted:

But there physically no way I can save up for a fuse job.

currency.poe.trade

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

awesmoe posted:

just get the poe trade macro and hit ctrl-d when you get a unique. then you'll instantly be able to confirm that, yup, it's worth half an orb of fuckall

I find myself using ctrl + c a lot, because even those lovely leveling unique can be worth a bit if you get good rolls. Course they never are but they could be.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

J posted:

Alternatively, run avatar of fire on the tree and wear biscos forever and never buy a xoph because it isn't biscos. Just run biscos all league every league until they nerf that poo poo again.

This is the first league where I have had a biscos and I have decided that its going to be my #1 purchase in every league from now on.

Dennis McClaren posted:

I'm lv52 now and I'm starting to finally get my rear end kicked a lot. I need better flasks for sure because I just never upgraded them while I was leveling because I was just breezing through poo poo.

Are there any good recommendations for what life and mana flasks I can use at lv52? I don't even know what to search for on poe.trade I have no idea.
Do they even have "rare" item flask drops? 52 levels I've never seen a rare flask drop.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Flask

If you are talking uniques, it would depend heavily on what build you are running.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

awesmoe posted:

yeah it was

That was roughly what I paid for mine as well.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Is anyone online now that can run me through poorjoys asylum? Will bribe with chaos. Character is DonSlappy

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

uber lab is never fun on any character

I dunno, it looks sort of fun to attempt to find max movespeed and clear the lab in 4 minutes.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NachtSieger posted:

I've been doing this for a while and I dunno if it's a good habit or not. Should I pick up all superior flasks I find so I can turn them into glassblower prisms?

I do, but im a filthy casual who picks up scrolls as well.

You should be able to tune your loot filter to only pick up 10+ quality ones if you are that concerned.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

I would highly recommend following a ED build for your first dude -- following a build seems boring when you're new but by doing it and seeing what works you'll be better suited to make your own builds in the future. This tree you've posted is not very good, I'm sorry to say.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254

Im enjoying this build a fair bit. Its still a bit light on defenses for my taste so I will probably swap it round a bit once I hit 80 or so, but if I played it a bit safer and didnt do things like completely skipping all white maps then I wouldnt have died so many times.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Acht posted:

I'm currently playing an Essence Drain Trickster and I can really recommend it.
It's very strong damage-wise, surprisingly tanky through the Essence Drain mechanic and I'm having a very easy time grabbing a good amount of life.
Currently level 81 with 6.000 life and some 1.500 ES. Using MoM with 2.000 mana unreserved (running Blas-Enfeeble + max Clarity).

It's cheap to get started and you can sink some currency in if you desire.
Being able to level with the skills early on is a big plus too, in my opinion.
I can show you my tree and some gear if you're interested, but your picks seem to hint at melee. :)

I wouldnt mind taking a peek just to compare it against my own.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm tired of riding this wave today so if anyone else wants free money:

Harbinger Orbs are 3.5c each right now. A T11 map is ~1chis-1fuse so let's say 0.5c

I rolled 450 harbinger orbs over the last hour. I averaged a Beachhead every 3.4 orbs, but a more realistic ratio is probably 1/4, or worst-case scenario 1/5

at 1/5 that's 17.5c worth of harbinger orbs or 18c worth of total materials per Beachhead, and each t15 Beachhead sells within 5mins for 21c. (I was getting so many whispers for them at that price that I just started taking peoples names down and selling my entire next batch to them)

At my ratio of 3.4 that's 11.9c worth of harbinger per beachhead. Add in the 0.5c max cost of a t11 map (resold for 3c if it hits t16 without becoming beachhead, but that barely happened) and you're turning 12.4c worth of materials into 21c worth of product that sells instantly.

You can literally sit there and just churn out free chaos until the prices normalize. I turned an 80c initial investment into about 1300c in an hour. The hardest part was buying up mass amounts of t11 maps.

This is HHC isnt it?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Namaer posted:

I'm going to give this game a go again, but I'm extremely intimidated by the skill tree. The only arpgs I've spent a lot of time with are Diablo 3 and Marvel Heroes, so the idea of not being able to change my talent choices is daunting. Should I just pick a build that looks ok on the forums and just build towards that? Since it's my first real character should I just gently caress around? Playing a witch by the way.

You can change your talents around, it just costs a bit of currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

PotatoManJack posted:

I'm looking for a recommendation of a relatively safe build, that's fun and visceral to play.

I dont think you can get more visceral than that bloodplosion build posted a few pages back.