Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty drat excited for 3.0, I purposefully didn't pay any attention to the new acts or beta stuff.

Maybe this league I'll actually read the lore and listen to the discussions from NPCs (I'll probably skip it all to get loot faster).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

the bitcoin of weed posted:

what a pity, guess I'll have to be a boring human god of lightning

Hell yeah team Raiden let's go. Time to make some Arc totems or something.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Picked up a pretty decently rolled Nuro's Harp earlier today, anyone know if a build is feasible with this anymore? Only thing I'm really seeing are builds from 2.4 era outside some very barebones ideas; I'm a little curious how it could interact with the new addition to Beacon of Ruin for Elementalist that gives increased effect for non-damaging ailments: would that include chill / freeze duration or just the amount of slow from said chill?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I was slumming around the class forums for build ideas earlier and saw a Scion build that uses that bow with ranged attack totems and Ice Shot. It's from 2.6 but they are working on revising it for 3.0.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1795115

It seemed pretty nifty.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Don't think I've ever run Scion since the Ascendancy feels weird to me; took a look at the players build for 3.0 and they currently have Resolute Technique, not sure if that's just for leveling as I assume that we'd want crits for freezing potential later on.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 9, 2017

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

queeb posted:

MY SR inquisitor is pretty drat tanky, tons of life and life regen while on consecrated ground, plus MOM with the mana regen from cons ground as well

Got a build link? Thinking of trying this too.

I love Inquisitor. :blush:

Edit: Right above me, huzzah!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

In this Ngamahu Cyclone Build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1819239/page/1

Is there sufficient mana leech? I only see 0.4% on the tree. Is that enough?

I ran a bit more early on while leveling but recently refunded out of it; basically not a problem at all with Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark. I got the Carnage Heart tonight and before that was just running a rare Amulet with attributes and resists.

Character name is Mo_Spinnin; easily plowing through Tier 1-7 maps right now, though my life and defenses could stand to be higher. Fun build, I look forward to seeing how well it handles Uber Lab once I complete the challenges assuming I don't get distracted with other build ideas again.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

Breach was definitely top loving tier, especially when you got several maps in a row with Beyond, and put zana mod Beyond on them :getin:

Beyond Breach Harbinger with a Strongbox to activate. :unsmigghh: Give me blood.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Duck and Cover posted:

I'd argue newer players have an advantage in that they actually take their time and pickup and upgrade their gear. I on the other hand force my way through under equipped because I'm a lazy player who doesn't feel like picking up gear just for it to be obsolete in ten levels. I realize it's faster to pay attention to drops, but but but gotta keep going. Go go go go go gogogogogogogo. I wonder why I keep dying.

I guess I should swap off this Ondars Clasp now.
-Me in Act 7

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Devor posted:

$ is for the currency tab, you brought this upon yourself

Truth

Never did get my Nuros Harp build enjoyable, drat shame. Totems felt worse than frostbolt would've and Ice Shot seems meh.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Vaal that unless you desperately need 25 chaos to buy something right now; it's all gonna end up in Standard in a few months anyway. :unsmigghh:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Got this off a Zana daily in Abyss tonight:

POE Trade has a few similar-ish for 6-7 exalts, that seem about right?

Also the game keeps giving me Abyss jewels focused on Axes, but I did Ngamahu's Cyclone last league. Any interesting axe+board or dual wielding axe builds out there worth trying?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

George posted:

Now vaal all your gear.

Now you're speaking my language.

Also how do monsters drop maps? Do they pick them up? Does the shaper float up and staple them onto their backs and giggle?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
I believe you can Vaal jewels for a chance at unique corrupted jewels too, right?

Also I got an Ice Frog out of my free box. :3: He's awesome.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

AggressivelyStupid posted:

trade in this game is complete garbage and you're slamming powerade if you think it's fine

I've played this game for years and the trading system is not enjoyable to me. Every system has tradeoffs but interrupting gameplay to sell poo poo is bad and if they changed that I'd be happy.

Also gently caress Leo dailies in the Arena forever. :argh:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Actually I think if I had any one wish for this game, it'd be to have it auto-pickup currency when I run over it. Make it a toggle so if there's someone out there who enjoys clicking on scrolls of wisdom to pick them up they can go nuts.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jinnigan posted:

idk if i'd love auto-pick up for currency (i do think it'd affect the economy given how much poo poo i leave laying on the floor cuz i can't be arsed to click it or my inventory is full) but something like a 5 or 10 range pickup range for items would definitely improve the 'smoothness' of picking things up without making too big of an impact, i think.

I'm fine with reducing quantity dropped if it's a big deal. If at the end of the day half as many scrolls drop as before but because I don't skip them I end with the same amount then it's purely a QoL improvement with no loss.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rough Lobster posted:

So is there any reason to hang onto those scrolls? I have 4 whole columns filled up in my stash that I could really stand to free up.

Filling guild stash tabs with smiley faces.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Holyshoot posted:

who's the bigger poo poo poster? The one that brings up an issue that will never change or the one defending it? :thunk:

Tie both posters to the tracks and let Argus crush them like a trolley.

Are there any good Ballista builds anymore? Seems like they vanished around 2.4 and that AW totems outperform them.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Instant trading but you can only trade away non currency items 5 times per 24 hours :unsmigghh:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

"Fixed a bug where some Oni-Goroshi dialogue would repeat itself.
Fixed a bug where some Oni-Goroshi dialogue would repeat itself."

:golfclap:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
They should add Spears to this game. I liked Spearazon in D2. One and two handed so I can pretend to be a Phalanx too.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zero VGS posted:

What's the point of the thrusting swords anyway? Are they like RPGs where it does less damage to skeletons and more to meaty stuff?

A man can dream. :(

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

i keep meaning to log in and vaal a bunch of my stuff (6l starforge, 6l inpulsas, 2 socket tombfist, few other things) since i'm more or less done with the league, but :effort:

Any indication on when the next league starts?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
We all know the Shadow's voice lines are the best in this game. :colbert:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Wonder Weapon posted:

A div card that just says "vaal" and when you complete the set it vaal's a piece of gear you're wearing

New map mod:

Area contains Vaal Storms that corrupt gear, including equipped. :unsmigghh:

Hell make it a League.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Chieftain, Deadeye and Heirophant huddle in a corner, forgotten. :(

I played LNBs Quad Frostbolt Heiro this league and had fun but goddamn you cannot see poo poo with 4 of them firing at once.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Holyshoot posted:

Yea lab is way more profitable. I think next league I’ll just do group atziri to get this over with. Wasn’t worth being selfish and running them all myself. I made a profit but not worth the time. My numbers were about what yours were.

I'm really tempted to make an uber lab farmer next league. It'd be nice to focus on one end game goal and I kinda enjoy lab. I know Liftingnerdbro's warchief build is popular, any other recommendations? Also kinda tempted with Viper Strike.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jesus this site rules, especially the heatmap stuff; pretty cool to see how most of the meta defined builds play out. Make sure to play with the league filter too; Hardcore Abyss skews really heavy Necromancer because of the survivability of that ascendancy. It's also cool that you can filter on skills / items and see what sort of ascendancies / skill tree layouts are most often paired with them.

There is a single build running Sweep: Level 95 Champion and one build running Rain of Arrows: Level 93 Raider

These players are my heroes. :glomp:

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 12, 2018

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

chris this fishing clearspeed meta is insane!

Hook + bait + greater multiple projectiles + bobbers is insane fishing AoE

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqPTFEUZdFc&hd=1

Gonna buy that fuckin dog right there. :glomp:

e: vvv A dog, clearly. :regd09:

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 15, 2018

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Based on their announcement thread they'll be letting out Ascendancy info in the lead up to the release so hopefully we'll have what's needed before 3 days pre-release.

Please please do something interesting with Deadeye.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lechtansi posted:

Basically it’s for everyone who thinks that elder and shaper are a cakewalk, and Chris is just egging them on.

Next league: same fight, but you can only access it if you hit level 100 without leaving the Twilight Strand. :unsmigghh:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

George posted:

Your maximum number of endurance charges is doubled.

+1 Endurance charge for every other Juggernaut currently logged on across all servers. :getin:

Alternately: All non-boundary walls are ignored by your character, increase character size by 100%.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

whypick1 posted:

It's not even 9AM over there, chill.

:f5:

Also real tempted to grab the Dragon Totem skin on sale today.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Curious how well it'd pair up with elemental conversion. Something like Hrimburns + Chieftain to convert to 50/50 cold & fire (could try to convert to 100% fire from there?), maybe a Singularity scepte mainhand for the Hinder damage buffs.

e: Actually, is Mjolner's on hit trigger only on hit with Mjolner or is it any on-hit? Also grants Skills Chain +1 times which seems good with this skill.

e2: Looks like only when Mjolner does the hit when dual wielding so I assume the same is true of Shield Throws: "Dual wielding: While dual wielding, socketed lightning spells will only cast on hit with the Mjölner they are socketed in."

e3: Eclipse Solaris = The Blinding Shield of Justice? :hai:

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 19, 2018

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Maddot_66 posted:

New thread title?

Path of Exile: I need a loot filter to hide all these trash people

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bakalakadaka posted:

I just have electrodes on my muscles and flex for all my inputs

Gonna plug in a joystick and try PoE with it.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fenris13 posted:

You can have up to 5 totems and still cast damaging spells, two extra from herio and two from gear. This is typically better than 6 totems and no spells since you loose out on EE.

5 Searing Bond totems + Scorching Ray let's go! :supaburn:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fenris13 posted:

Do searing bond totems overlap damage? I thought they were degen effects that do not overlap anymore.

Alas I think you are right.

5x Flameblast totems it is then. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
With really fast attack speed you can probably get the Poison duration to really start layering in a ton of stacks. I'm kinda tempted to try a Viper Strike build now; I'll let some PoB wizard figure out how many stacks you would have running optimally and for what length at given attack speed points.

Ohhh... or what about Shield Throw + Poison support with the new Noxious Strike. If you throw it into a pack would each shard from the explosion be a guaranteed Poison too on everything it hits?