Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

If I am introducing PoE to a new player and I know they played Planescape Torment, I always recommend SRS. It's fun summoning tons of Mort-on-fire to headbutt poo poo to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

New zearland

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

For CA single Target, essence drain in a decay bow on swap used to be the go-to, but it feels slow for buffed bosses!!

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Can I get an invite on CramSlamNasty if I've been purged? I haven't been able to log in for a week or two to check.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I'm playing wild strike. A goon posted a PoB earlier, and there's this build on forums: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929055

I've played frost blades and I can't say I love it - wild strike somehow just feels good and the clearspeed and single target are both good (if not godly). The only skill I find more satisfying than wild strike is Lightning arrow, and I've played that about 900 times.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Name discussion has me worried. There's no way MildStrike is free is there?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I think a lot of people (me) like that.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

i can still taste him posted:

I was eyeballing this one after it was linked earlier https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929055

I'm basically using this, with some changes I made that may or may not be optimal but were easier as I was leveling (swords not claws, no weapon specific nodes yet until I can buy an endgame wep). Smoothest leveling experience I've had in years.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Trademacro has a shortcut for that. Phone posting so I forget the keys, but it'll show you mod tiers and total and such. Well worth a download.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

U mad

Edit no wait eu mad

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Original content do not steal plz.

I made a skelly mages build that is insane. I'll do a write up of it later today.

Liar >________<

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I have every t9 completed with the bonus aside from some of the unique maps. Any advice or did I just get stupid unlucky.

Having a t12 or t13 shaped/unlocked as well will benefit sustain over the long term. They have a slightly higher chance of rolling a red map tier than your t11 does.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

It also means that there's actually a level cap for players who die at any given frequency above some threshold. I like that! It gives me more of a reason to get mechanically better, rather than death spamming endgame the way I deathspam kitava.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

ok this is just my personal thing, but I prefer a 6L TS to a double 5L setup, I mean corrupted life chests are what 30c right now? and the dps should be the same too

I mean chaff isn't the problem in this patch imo, it's bosses

You're exactly right, bosses are the problem. Run a 6 link barrage in that corrupted life chest, and run LA in. 4L for aoe clear, and do a heck of a lot better than a 6L TS.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Primordial pool is great for that, as is racecourse.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Shield charge has spoiled you. Leap Slam is it, really. It does get better with more attack speed on the weapon itself, but 2h skills will always be slower than shield charge to move around.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I don't think they scale up, do they, just down? I think you need to spawn them on a desecrate in a map tileset that can, and then you have them for your session. Though, grain of salt, I've never played a specter summoner.

And re: Dennis/OneFish and other's new player experience - I think the first thing you have to figure out/decide is if you, as an individual and gamer, are ok with making some mistakes or not playing optimally or not. If you are, then the best way is to not follow a guide to the letter. Maybe read some, try to learn from those who have gone before, try to make good choices, but it's ok if you peter out before the endgame and reroll. But if you're not ok with hitting a wall, then follow a good guide to the letter. I don't care if you prefer to learn as you go, or just get into the game, or whatever - if you're not ok with wrecking a char that took a lot of investment, then follow a guide. Either choice is right, but if you go with option 1 when you aren't ok with bricking a char you will be predictably disappointed.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

To clarify whydirt, a white sextant can be used on a white map near a shaped 6 (so, modifying a t11 red map) for much cheaper sextanting of red maps. That's their best use.

Edit - fixing name.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Absolutely. If you want to go down the rabbit hole, look up sextant blocking on YouTube

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

Duck and Cover brilliant idea time. Tidebreaker flicker strike slayer using warden bands.

30%? How do you plan to sustain?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Haggling is appropriate for expensive but low liquidity items. If it's under 50c, do not haggle.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

That's the only unique that's been a chase unique for me since it came out, no matter what build I play, those gloves either fit or enable something right up my alley. Congratulations! I'd suggest DP zerker with a mad efficient tree.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

It's ele now.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

So at the beginning of this league the meta builds were wander, dark pact, or really just zerker vaal pact dps skill basically. I took a break for destiny 2, but am now back (of course). What else has come out since? I'm looking for something fun and interesting to play in one of the events.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Does glacial Cascade mines require a detonate mine gem? Did a particular streamer run it, or if I wanna see gameplay just search youtube and check forum guides for videos?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I changed my mind I'm gonna do Skelemages again for Turmoil because even regular skeletons can dunk on everything. It's also mostly build neutral enough that I can change to something else like double scourge blade flurry or some other wild poo poo if I wanted to.

It is also quite quite fun.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I am very excite

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

It is a good time to be alive, girls

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Duck and Cover is good advice in a earth shake and also a terrible poster as bad as anyone even me. Jesus.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Overwined posted:

Is there any way to just nuke everything I've got currently sitting in Standard? I'm really not interested in going through a thousand temp stash tabs and I only care about a couple characters currently in Harbinger League.

WINE

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

gently caress I wish I could post anywhere on this dying loving forum before I was drunk

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Return of arc meta

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Bring a "Bodyswap" gem?!

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Gosh that sounds great, can you ctrl-click a vagan arena?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Golly gee, what a rip.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Trash to Treasure more like Trash to Skyforth.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

McFrugal posted:

Wow, rude. How about you let me have my opinion, and I let you have yours?

No

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

What build?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Makes me wanna play a guardian. Maybe this league they introduce pants!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Trap