Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

quote:

6 more acts, for a single playthrough of acts 1-10. No more normal/cruel/merciless difficulties where you play through the same acts 3 times.

Oh yeah how are they gonna do with the reduced elemental resistances that happen between the old difficulties now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

quote:

Your feedback about how it trivialises the acquisition of unique items (and associated Prophecies/vendor recipes/etc) is completely correct.

??????? what

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

also help me understand what this "ethical build" meme means in reddit

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So how do guilds work in this game? Is it like WoW where you have to get each character you have invited in or is it like GW2 where it's just linked to your main account

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

TheRat posted:

Guild is account-wide

That's cool!

Can I get an invite for Zvengal ?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

whypick1 posted:

Is that your account name or character name? Need the latter.

Yes

Character name = Zvengal

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

deep dish peat moss posted:

I tried watching it and sending it to my friend who is scared of how complex this game is, the first 10 minutes are good for new players but after that he goes through over 20 straight minutes of slowly explaining what every currency does and showing examples of him using it, then launches right into master crafting. It definitely wasn't the right thing to send to someone who's scared of the game's complexity in the first place :kiddo:

Tell your friend to watch this instead

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So about the new Bandits Quest reward, for the people who played the beta, did most people pick the 2 passive points or what ?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Mentat Radnor posted:

Oak could be worth it for some RF builds, and possibly some jugg tanky builds that scale phys. Also might be useful for some sort of CI+ZO phys builds? It's hard to get enough life regen on the top/right half of the tree to make ZO effective.

Kraityn reward is decent if you're a max clear speed caster and not worried about damage, and you just want to shield charge through maps as fast as humanly possible. It seems not worth 2 points for just about any other application though.

Alira reward is great. I would gladly trade 2 points for 20% crit multi, 15% all resistance and 5 flat mana regen on every single crit build.

Everything else can be happy with 2 points.

I'm hoping there is a quest in act 9 or 10 that gives an extra power/frenzy/endurance charge to make up for the loss of that bandit reward.

so since I'm uncertain what to play with my Duelist I should just go with 2 points, got it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Flavahbeast posted:

Sunder slayer, cyclone slayer or lacerate slayer?

Sunder is more effective but I'm going with Cyclone because it looks cooler

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Acht posted:

What do I do with that torrent if I am installed via Steam?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is there a way to turn off the weird auto-target attacks all over the place that the multi-strike support gem makes me do sometimes ?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

reading is overrated

I'll just switch to something else for bosses then, thanks

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How long does it usually take people to get into a "grass is greener" mindset and think about what other builds you could roll up next?

It was about lvl 60 for me :v:

I went into Act 8 with my Sunder Slayer, was unsatisfied with it and was dying a lot, feel like the game hate melee builds

Switched to a Spectral Throw Raider, I'm having a lot more fun and not dying as much

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Does Spectral Throw benefit from the Point Blank special node? Is there a way to find out exactly what range the attack increase happens? Is it all the way the projectile first flies, then on the way back it decreases the damage?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:toot:

Beat Act 10 on a character I'm enjoying the build, died like 5 times to the final boss but I had just reached lvl 68 so there wasn't any XP left for me to lose so that's nice.

This game really is impressive for a F2P. Even if the lore is not the focus of this game I enjoyed it quite a bit learning about it little by little. I like that there are small hooks remaining for future adventures even after we defeat a god.

Now I have 2 remaining labs to do and still have this whole map business to discover, so even more content in the future.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So at what point did you tabula users stop using it?

I'm 69 starting to do maps and suddenly feel very fragile in some fights, like there's a couple of 5-links in the market that I could buy if I'm willing to sacrifice some DPS for a socket loss

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Of the various scorching ray/righteous fire builds going around, which would you say is the "best" ascendancy class for it?

Berserk for 40% more damage good attack speed and warcrys replacing the need for life flasks?
Chieftain for the highest health regen stacking endurance charges and 10% more strength for using Doon Cuebiyari?
Inquisitor for consecrated ground bonuses and more attack/cast speed while moving around and easy MoM access?
Guardian? though I know less about it.

I'm doing Inquisitor SR until I get set-up for RF and I have to say it's been smooth sailing so far

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

What's up with the playable characters not saying stuff/reacting in the new acts? Usually after killing a boss in Acts 1-4 they would say something and it was a nice little touch

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Anyone else using the SR/RF build? I managed to get my hands on the Phoenix shield so my life regen is stable for RF, but my mana is not since I'm using MoM. How do other people deal with it?

Here's the pastebin for PoB if it helps:

https://pastebin.com/16qadZHu

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh my god someone help with my alt-itis, I finish Act 10 and started mapping and very quickly want to play another build, happened twice already

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

We need to buy more packs for these poor developers :ohdear:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is there any benefit to a skill having more than 100% chance to bleed enemies? If I have Crimson Dance on, will it stack the bleeds faster?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Just got my first Shaper Orb. Is there a place with the recommended maps to use these on the Atlas for this patch? Where should I use my Tier 1 Shaper Orb for example?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

J posted:

The simplest thing to do is just shape whatever maps you enjoy running the most and would like to run at a higher level. If you want to get into minmaxing the atlas, what people will do is pick a map that has good monster density and is linear so it can be cleared as fast as possible. A lot of people are using spider forest or racecourse for that this league but I don't think there is a consensus "best" map to do this with yet. So a shaped spider forest becomes a t11 map. Then you make sure that on your atlas, you have no other t11 or t12 maps unlocked at all. This way, every time a t11/t12 map would have dropped, you get a shaped spider forest instead. Then you can proceed to be a robot and run down the same hallway repeatedly to get loot as efficiently as possible. Other than the map layout, people also minmax their shaped map choices by looking at how many sextants can hit the map they want to run. Shore is a commonly used one, it becomes a t13 when shaped and you can hit it with a ton of sextants. I won't get into "sextant blocking" here but that is another thing that lets you spend fewer sextants getting the good mods for your map.

But you don't have to do any of that stuff if you don't want to, in fact I would definitely recommend just doing all of the maps if you haven't seen them before. Then next league if you want to minmax it, go for it. Harbinger is a pretty good league to have lots of atlas completion as well because horizon orbs and harbinger orbs let you avoid a lot of the lovely maps anyways.

Yeah this is my first time with a character getting deep into Atlas so I'm not interested in poopsock minmaxing stuff yet

this game is ridiculously deep

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm playing a Gladiator Blade Flurry and it's the most fun I've had in the game so far, watching entire mobs explode with bleed never gets old and the single target DPS is good.

Also If you want to go elemental blade flurry there is some insane DPS you can get at some point

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

if I wanted to do something similar to this guy, I would need to be in a map with the Nemesis modifier before using the orbs, correct?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is playing something straightforward like Witch with Glacial Cascade viable in this league? I like the idea of a spell that benefits from Physical damage increase too....

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Mover posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiSkPKoPR8I

Someone took down shaper on an Elementalist with a 1L! He obviously is wearing full mirror-level gear otherwise. Templar/Inquisitor might be better for self-casting GC, at least at lower gear levels. I know I've seen a decent amount of builds running that way.

Thanks for this, it's really cool to see someone doing that.

I think I'm still going with an Elementalist since I like the flavour of playing an Ice Witch more :v:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So from what I understand the next League is gonna be more interesting than this one, because they didn't want to overwhelm the potential new players that came with 3.0 ?

frajaq fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 30, 2017

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nechronic posted:

HCSSF is the place to go for erotic fan fic

guild name checks out

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

time to cleave

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So I always see Glacial Cascade used with mines and poo poo, is it that bad of an idea to use it straight up as a spell?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

euphronius posted:

I'm forcing myself to use the right side of the tree this time. No more marauder Templar slayers. No more totems.

I'm gonna move out of my comfort melee zone and play some Necromancer this league, don't know what yet (Spectres sound cool)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

its great being a casual PoE player and not giving a poo poo about these patch notes

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Vasudus posted:

My bow Slayer was fantastic fun, and could do everything in the game. It was also insanely good at lab running.

...bow Slayer? Tell me more (or give PoB link)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

They keep the game F2P for the poors like me so please keep pretending to care about their opinions devs

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Items and Gem Showcase

They look cool, bow looks really nice

I might play some bow character instead of necro after all

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Could Wild Strike + Ancestral Call actually be a thing? I like the idea since it reminds me of playing Enhancement Shaman in WoW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I love the effect that streamers have on the items and builds in this game