Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

LordNat
May 16, 2009
RF Zerker or Wild Strike Leech Zerker for my starting build?
I will start whatever the first build someone replies with is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNat
May 16, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Wild Strike

Then so it shalt be!

LordNat
May 16, 2009

frajaq posted:

??????? what

One dude ruined it for the rest of us.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

psy.Che posted:

As somebody working in IT, it really baffles the gently caress out of me how this kind of thing is still happening in 2017. Just use any big cloud vendor (AWS, MS Azure,...), make repeated large scale perf tests beforehand, have their support on stand by and hugely oversize your resources at first cause it's incredibly easy to reduce them if need be.

It can be tiny things tho. Like some operation fails 0.01% of the time and makes a 2 sec lag in the server connection. Not a big deal on beta servers as that lag is just a speed bump that they hardly notice. Massive server load and that start stacking up till it is a title wave that crashes the server.

Might also just be a bottle neck issue with their local backbone supplier.

Only way to know is if they do a report on it for us.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Double Bill posted:

drat, that difficulty jump from act 5 to 6 is massive. I died to a rare like 5 times before I learned I'll have to pay attention to things from now on.

The end of act 5 is then the first resistances hit takes place. Make sure to check if you are still capped on your resistances.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I lol when you guys are like "oh you're getting 1-shot in A6? Probably time to upgrade your resistances" like I'm not scouring the guild stash for upgrades every 30 minutes.

Yeah and wait until you actually try to understand the mechanics behind any of it.

A mix of PoE Trade and Master crafting makes it fairly easy to get things sorted out.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

dead in real life posted:

Man, trade chat triggers me hard. Almost every single person is offering blatantly bad deals, some of them laughably terrible. Are there really enough people with decent currency who also have no idea about poe.trade or poe.ninja for this to be worth their time? Saw a guy trying to sell a boat load of almost vendor-worthy garbage for 8c+ each, including a super low roll Kaom's Primacy he wanted 9 chaos for. (I currently have a way better Kaom's Primacy up for 1c and I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while to sell). With the time you're spending attempting to rip off a newbie, you could just make more currency than that easily, no? Why are people so reluctant to offer reasonable deals that are mutually beneficial for both parties? You get the trades done way faster (or, ever) and have more time to make currency in other ways, other person fairly gets the item they need to level/farm and make their own currency. Everybody wins. loving greedlords waste everyone's time including their own.

You'd be surprised the things you can sell in trade chat. I have unloaded single res 4 link body armor for 2 chaos before.
I'd say the fast majority of players do not use poe.trade and have little understanding of value, they just grab whatever they think they need at the moment.
A lot of times people I trade with in trade chat don't even have hideouts.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

dead in real life posted:

Idk how to ask this without seeming like a dick, but were you aiming to rip someone off or how did the trade even happen? I mean, you can get 2 chaos via a vendor recipe that isn't even hard to fulfill. It doesn't take much time. I guess I just don't get it. I think people become addicted to greed in games like this in general, like there's some sort of fetish in ripping people off even when it's almost entirely meaningless, and then they fail to recognize when it isn't even worth the time they spent (assuming they don't want to be reasonable and offer fair trades to begin with.)

In that case the person was asking a good way to get more fire res and I just IDed a fire res chest so I linked it to him and said 2C. Not really greed, just supply and demand.
From my point of view it all gets wiped in 3 months anyways since I never play normal so things are worth whatever someone is willing to give me for them in the moment. I don't do much trading on PoE.trade and such unless I need one item for my build as I'd rather spend more time playing them game then doing the market. Mostly I just wait till I have 10 tabs full and run a price check on all of them and list anything worth more than 5~ chaos. outside of that is too much time wasted trading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Those new supporter packs sure are... umm... supporter packs.