Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Is Path of Building a reliable way to compare effective HP? I realize there is always some uncertainty in an EHP estimation, but am suspicious of the numbers it is giving me.

For example, PoB is telling me that Phase Acrobatics (30% chance to dodge spell hits) is the single greatest node I could take to improve my physical damage reduction. When I check/uncheck that node, not only does the spell-based EHP go up, but the physical one goes up even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

On the calculations tab at the bottom. Will tell you the biggest hit you can take.
Yeah the max hit taken is the more useful point of comparison since "how can I avoid getting one-shot" seems to be the name of the game.

But that value also remains unchanged when I toggle Endurance charges on/off, as another example.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

is trying to farm a Replica Farrul's Fur myself a fool's errand? I can't seem to find info on the grand heist drop rates

for context this is my first charachter and first league, I'm not through with my atlas yet (farming ~T11 maps presently)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Is there a reference/list somewhere showing what seed numbers on Glorious Vanity correspond to which notable/small node modifiers? I know the name vs Keystone mod, and have found lists of all the notable/small node mods, but no cross reference to the seed number.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I have crushed through 1400 orbs of fusing on a 39% quality bow just today (plus another ~400 earlier this week) without seeing a 6-link.

I thought surely, there's no point to mining for the 6-link recipe because at this high quality I should save money by trying to do it manually. I suppose this is some sort of PoE right of passage for my first league.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Cretin90 posted:

Last call btw, have 40 ex or so to hand out for any needy goons. Shoot me a PM on here with a time+time zone and add me at toughlord_the_insane and I’ll post no more about it.
Thanks again for the help, I was able to grab several pieces and really make this build work. Hit this goon up if you're a poor dipshit like me.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Is there a rough rule of thumb for Sirus scaling? I've unlocked the fight for the first time and can get ascendancy up to 5. How do I know if I'm gonna get wrecked by A5 Sirus and should dial it back? I assume if I fail to kill him I have to chase down the 4 conquerors again to reopen the fight?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Is there a reference somewhere which shows which modifiers fall under which categories for harvest crafting?

I'm running bleed bow with Resolute Technique so Accuracy Rating is useless to me, while the "60% chance for bleeding inflicted with this weapon to deal 100% more damage" is a vital mod on my bow.

I'd like to use harvest crafting to remove the Accuracy Rating on my current weapon if possible, without losing the bleed mod or any physical mods. Do does the bleed mod count as physical, and the accuracy rating count as attack?

i.e. can I use "Remove a random non-Physical modifier from an idem and add a new physical modifier" to safely purge the accuracy rating? Or is the bleed also not a physical mod and I'd risk losing that?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I had that enabled and somehow never noticed, thanks

Is it possible for this harvest roll to remove the "can have up to 3 crafted modifiers" mod and if so what happens, I also randomly lose one of the crafted mods?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Absolute worst case is you have to do non-Phys to Phys twice after the first result removes multi-mod and adds chaos conversion.
That's what just happened but now my horticrafting list says the item level is too high to do another non-physical to physical.

So now I guess I keep an eye out for "remove a random Chaos modifier" on the grove. Or I can possibly find a higher level non-physical to physical I guess?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Is the level of the craft determined by the level of the map it spawned in? Craft I had stored is 74 and item is 85 now.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Need some advice on picking a league starter.

I have played PoE only once before, during Ritual about a year ago. I did a bleed bow marauder then, which was pretty fun and took me all the way up to Sirus which I attempted and failed once before losing interest.

The Atlas at that time was pretty confusing and the current revamp/simplification looks interesting.

When I search for "3.17 league starter" on forums or youtube there are just so many results/options it's kind of overwhelming. My preference is for something that's not the hottest current meta, in hopes of not having to compete for the most expensive gear (softcore trade league).

Should I just do Essence Drain? That seems to be a tried and true starter which many people are bored of but it'd be new to me. Poison Concoction looks kinda cool too, idk this game has too many choices for my noob self.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 4, 2022

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I'd much prefer to play anything other than bleed bow just for variety.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Poisonous Concoction Pathfinder = PCP, is that abbreviation taken?

The Ziz PoB has clear leveling explanation, including skills in several stages as they become available, whereas the Esoro one doesn't, so I'm inclined to follow the Ziz PoB at least to begin with.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

lol did not realize I needed to join a queue, just finished downloading the patch

Wuxi posted:

Thats not even a good leveling tree, especially for beginners. Love getting through buffed A1 with a single damage node before lvl12
Yeah this is what alarmed me as well, the Ziz early tree has a ton more damage the fist 20 levels

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

J posted:

Good luck nerds. Get your item filter ready and your character name ready if you haven't.
good reminder, any recommendations for starter filters? Or maybe I don't need it right away?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

just found a Tabula Rasa in my first Lab chest, is it early enough that I should sell it for 10-20 chaos now or is it better to use it on my now lvl 33 poison concoction starter?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Is the trade site slow as poo poo for everyone today or just me?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

very much enjoying the huge lag spikes i get when say, starting a ritual, spawning a boss, spawning a harvest etc

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I'm new to this flask enchantment stuff, will an Orb of Alteration remove an enchantment on a Flask or will the enchant remain while it re-rolls the pre/suffixes?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

is there a goon discord or in-game chat channel?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Can I snag a goon guild invite? Account name is Bawfuls, character this season is Bawfulss.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Hamelekim posted:

Or you could do this.

Innocence-Touched; Treant Horde; Brine King-Touched; Kitava-Touched

what level archnemesis items produced this boon?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

hrmmm seems bugged

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

ah that would explain it, kinda weird since Kirac missions count towards Atlas exploration but oh well

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

TL;DR: they decimated item quantity and rarity modifiers from league mechanics so far, FAR less stuff drops now and the value you previously gained from juicing up a map with more league-mechanic mobs is no longer there

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Exalts are only worth 10 chaos now? Man this economy is weird, picked a good league to sit out.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

External Organs posted:

I actually feel like the PoE solution is to add a keystone somewhere either in the atlas or passive tree.

Big Drink Energy: Flasks only gain charges at the town well. 100% less flask charges used. 50% more flask effect.
If flasks don’t consume any charges then it doesn’t much matter how you fill them does it?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

What exactly happened to make everyone change the “expensive” currency from ex to div?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ah poo poo, I was gonna try EAB and Legion this go around. What map bonuses is EAB good at?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

So like Essences and Strongboxes? Those are the obvious things I guess that you can set up damage for

I have never really focused on min/maxing a particular map mechanic, the last league I played was Archnemisis which was I think the first one with the Atlas passive tree.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 8, 2023

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

So I guess that brings me back to metamorph if I’m going EAB

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Bugsy posted:

And here's the legion keystone.

does this potentially fix the EAB Legion weakness? You could presumably make sure you get the high value targets

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

whypick1 posted:

If you are going down the path of exilespending money in this game:

*Look at the supporter's packs. They always offer the pack price in GGG money on top of all the MTX, they are only available for a limited amount of time and what's offered there never hits the regular storefront.
*If you're patient, the item you want in the regular storefront will eventually go on sale.
*Stash tabs will make your life so much easier. Currency/Frag/Map/1 premium tab for trading is the bare minimum. Stash tabs go on sale every 3 weekends, which I believe is next week.
I'm inclined to agree with Zizaran that the order of stash tab value goes:
currency
maps
premium/quad
essence
divination

Fragments tab is nice but it's pricier than essence/divination, a lot of those fragments already stack OK on their own and, particularly if you're new, you might not even be doing most of those mechanics anyway

edit: Ziz stash tab advice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V55D0UHdhn8

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 10, 2023

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Tarnop posted:

My current thinking is currency, map, frag, quad, essence. I think 500 points is enough for that in a sale
on sale this is only 385 points, could slap some more premium upgrades, div, etc in there and still be under 500

Papercut posted:

The fragments tab is *dramatically* more useful than the divination tab. Arguably the divination tab is negative utility compared to just setting a normal tab to be your div card dump; I like being able to just glance and see the blue numbers to get my full stacks.
how dare Ziz steer me wrong!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

wemgo posted:

EAB Elementalist gonna have to find a different way to implement totem taunt.
Having never played EAB before, how big of nurf is this? Just means you have to spend more time dodging mobs, or does it break the survivability significantly?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

EVIL Gibson posted:

I'm going to rush to t16 by taking wandering path and get enough passives extra map drop to 100% where if I get stuck I can just burn maps to dislodge myself.
I tried the push down lines of tiers and rolling back to the start strat but it felt very easy to get stuck
CaptainLance had a video on this recently, he said he’d been using this strat a lot lately while testing league starter builds and it was the fastest way up the Atlas to t16’s, as long as your build can handle getting to those maps with lovely gear

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

queeb posted:

isnt PF the pathway to getting unlimited flasks without mageblood
The old Master Surgeon gave, among other things, 6% life when you use a flask. You could couple this with increased flask charges gained, increased flask duration, gain flask charges when you get hit, and the flask mod that automatically activates a flask when it reaches full charges.

This was the poison concoction league starter I used in Archnemesis and once I had that flask setup it felt very durable and you’d just have all your flasks up all the time in maps without pressing any flask buttons.

I think they have since removed several key components so you can’t do this anymore.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shows how much I’ve paid attention since that league

Edit: ah ok they nerfed the Flagellant’s mod, now it maxes out at 3 charges when you’re hit, it used to be I think 7?

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Now that I think about it the more broken part of PF when I played it was the Master Surgeon regen, specifically because it scaled the more often you took damage. Taking lots of hits = gaining charges faster = flask refreshes faster = more procs of 6% hp regen.

The permaflask part was nice, but not as broken as the “my heath regen goes up the more I get hit” part. At least for mapping, on boss fights you still needed EHP to not get one shot.

But yeah not having to mash those 5 buttons all the time was real nice.