Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Just a few more days!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

theshim posted:

Part of that sounds like he's channeling the Caretaker from Darkest Dungeon :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbf7a-aK4ts

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Ability to get breath/grip of the council just by doing prophecy chains is pretty cool.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Read too deep into the patch notes.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Supposedly the odds on chancing it are pretty decent too? Idk if the numbers were just pulled out of thin air but I think he said 200 chance orbs.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Each

I wonder how that mod interacts with Essence Worm.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Worth noting that EE gives its full benefit vs. single target stacked EA explosions since it's one explosion following the arrow hits. The above is when dealing with packs and arrows lodged in terrain.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Roots are pretty easy to farm via cards I think.

E:fb

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Did the servers just poo poo the bed?

e:nope

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Sab669 posted:

Why are Ancient Shards 4C? Do people really just have that much wealth already that they're willing to just gamble away even at that price?

I feel like such a pleb, though I bought a 15C Taryn's Shiver and have crafted it into a ~50C one completely unaware of how valuable it is. But even still I feel like a pleb...

See also: reliquary keys last league. People like gambling.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I think the brine king and arakaali fights are awesome, could take or leave the rest. Still not as polished as blizzard but making strides.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Correct

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

enraged_camel posted:

My resists are maxed. But the mobs are trash mobs so they deal physical anyway.

I cleared the rest of the map without any issues, so I doubt my damage is the issue. Besides, even if I had 100k dps, it still wouldn't matter since I die instantly the moment I enter the room.

Even your chaos resist?

Immortal call, stibnite, etc. But it's a jungle map so whatever. You probably just need better gear.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

vOv posted:

Alternately, hang out in /global 820.

Just do this.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

denizen posted:

The bow build guide says to use tornado shot but tornado shot seems to suck rear end compared to blast rain. Is there something i'm missing?

TShot scales extremely well with additional projectiles, throw a GMP on it.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah that's what I thought two years ago too.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

AegisP posted:

Thanks GGG for fixing a bug critical to my current Poison character that I didn't even know existed, but like, drat that's some bug.

:drat:

e:

code:
Updated the Labyrinth to not be able to spawn Darkshrine effects that could overwrite a Darkshrine effect already in the Labyrinth.
Does this mean you can't get more than one shrine effect per run?

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 25, 2017

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That's probably the default loot filter hiding some items. Is there no binding on the Xbone version to toggle "show all items?" Shameful if true

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

If the item is filtered completely out wouldn't it be garbage?

Almost certainly.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Shayl posted:

So out of pure luck I found Bisco's. I assume this is worth more to me using it than selling it, correct?

If you can accommodate the amulet slot without losing clear speed, yeah probably.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
My guess is a few chaos.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
With life being so strong, it's not a bad idea to hang onto it. But if you don't think you'll reroll sell it to fund your current character.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-8SnkZHvw

Wasn't aware of half these things until I watched this (great) video. The visual clutter is pretty crazy in this fight.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Save them for strongboxes you plan to invest more orbs into. Like Diviner's, Armourer's if you are going to vaal, ... that's all I can think of. Maybe some unique strongboxes.

And yeah, quality is a pretty small adjustment overall.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Bosses don't take long enough for me to sperg about the efficiency, honestly.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yep

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That probably is, but still seems low for a completely maxed out character

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

StashAugustine posted:

For the record, https://pastebin.com/LuVq1tnn is current build and https://pastebin.com/ePwmvw1U is theoretical build

One thing I noticed is that the bleed doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot?

Crimson dance doesn't show properly in PoB I think? So that number should be 8x what it is.

idk much about bleed builds tbh. Wouldn't you want a skill that hits harder but less often to proc bigger bleeds?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
The only time I've died in 3.0 to a volatile has been while standing in the middle of a harbinger's shitstorm in a nemesis map. They're very simple to play around now for both melee and ranged, volatiles are good now.

Well, except that the ball should look different based on the type of damage.

e: VVV I stand corrected, volatile is perfect as is

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 15, 2017

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

deep dish peat moss posted:

This one?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930275

I'm playing almost this guy's exact build and it's fun and strong but not something I'd recommend as a league starter, the entire passive tree is focused on maximizing movespeed and makes up for the lack of damage and survivability with a small handful of very strong rares.

QOTF + Blade Vortex is a strong combo, BV makes sustain a joke with leech + VP and you can definitely make a league starter out of it, but if you're referring to this specific build I'd look for a more general build with different passives and different gear.

FWIW I ran BV pathfinder just going for MoM and a decent life pool, worked very well and got me through all of the end game content just through the virtues of level 20 gems, VP, and not being oneshot by things. Perfectly suitable for a starter build, if you are comfortable with how BV feels before you hit maps.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Hm wanding shaper felt pretty bad. Died a lot and felt pretty weak when flasks were gone. A barrage enchant should probably be my next buy, but drat they're expensive.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
It's a Good Flask

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You still need it. If you party with a player and neither of you have the passive, you'll override each other's curses. Same deal here.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Kaom's Roots lyfe

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I just buy baubles if I really need them.

I'm not up there with the people buying HH in a temp league but I typically play enough to hit 36 challenges and yeah it might come off as condescending but it's usually good advice.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You could use AHK for selective attack in place pretty easily

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Qwertycoatl posted:

Did something change about Stacked Decks? I've never found any before except in Putrid Cloister, but this evening I found two in random maps.

Also, does it make a difference where you are when you turn it into a worthless divination card?

Don't think it matters.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I guess I'm curious to hear the argument for those leagues being bad.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

The March Hare posted:

new trade features

Stash API removed, PC client now uses the Xbox trade system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
"Map is inhabited by echoes of slain player exiles"