Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Don't think so. Duration helps by making stacks last longer as you move...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Tbf if you can put up with maintaining the stacks as your clear it is a very easy and comfortable build that can poo poo on the end game.

I did respec to wander when boss killing got boring.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah I never used CJ, my QoL came from taking a duration cluster and a helmet with the duration enchant.

Also with kaoms roots temp chain maps are a huge buff on you with the longer effect duration, it's very noticeable as BV

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You could just give it to me, that would be good

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That said be ready to accept losing a bunch of shaper instances before you beat him.

The good news is you get more practice on guardians!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Soothing Vapors posted:

I never doubted u Chris :angel:

Nice, still don't want to play spectres but it's reaffirming to see them react to strong feedback.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
So you're saying is, if you play a lot you get lots of currency?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Grats on the flask drop, too.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah I'd keep my thoughts about Chris Roberts buried if I were in that industry.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Essential posted:

I finally was able to really get into PoE and made it thru all 10 acts and I'm now on maps. The problem I have now is I cannot progress, I am dying enough to lose all my xp on the maps that I've tried and I'm stuck at 67. To be honest, the final boss of act 10 I died probably 75 times to. The guide I followed was Ghazzy's SRS Baron build. I do not have the Baron as I can't afford it, however I found a Tabula early so I have the srs built out, as well as a few other items he said to get for leveling.

My fire and lightning resist are -30% so I'm guessing that's a big problem. My cold is around 17% so at least it's above 0. On bosses I do poo poo damage as well, which I did see would be a problem in the build guide, but I don't know how to address. He mentioned lightning trap, so I tossed that in but not sure how to utilize it.

I have 7 chaos and 3 vaal orbs and a bunch of other currency that may or may not be valuble.

I think this link will show my character? Urrdazenx: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Essential/characters

I'd really appreciate some advice on how to get this character back in the action.

You're probably looking for Vaal lightning trap (random result from vaal orbing regular lightning trap), it leaves shocked ground which causes enemies to take more damage.

And to echo what others have said, your resists are dumpster tier and you should fix that asap. Looks like you aren't using master crafting, which you should. Haku and Elreon are your best friends.

To start with you can probably upgrade to some gear with mediocre to no flat life, provided they help get your resists capped.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 24, 2017

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I mean, rigwald is near impossible to actually "dodge" without using terrain.

The high templar one is harder, what with the fast wind-up and projectile speed. Better to just nuke him fast.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Vasudus posted:

I think I might go with a frostbolt or freezing pulse scion for turmoil. I figure that breach items are going to be common enough, so getting a skin of the loyal shouldn't be that impossible. Probably do elementalist/assassin/deadeye (pick two).

Get out of my head damnit

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Is porcupine reasonably farmable SSF? I might do that for one of the 10 day leagues.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Oh my

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

whypick1 posted:

No green and red for Christmas? Missed opportunity

Kitava took all the red

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
"Broken heart" makes me suspect the max life mod is negative

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Okay that's pretty nuts. Also yeah it was + max hp

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

The March Hare posted:

So are acuities going legacy or what?

Ahahahahaha

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Taken from the IGN video apparently.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I was expecting people to be more upset about the VP change, I guess people are tired of relying on it

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Hoo boy you've got a lot to catch up on

Definitely take one of those old characters and see what the labyrinth is about, and the masters

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
This capability has been out there for a while now, I don't think it'll make any big waves

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Have they ever done that? It's always been like this as long as I've been playing.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I'm with you on the xp stuff. 96 is probably the highest I've ever been so w/e

+1 barrage projectiles enchant is probably still going to be the most expensive one...

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
According to bex on Reddit, the mirage archer doesn't work with blink/mirror arrow, and doesn't work with seige ballista or RAT though they want to make it work with the latter in the future. It can apply curses but won't generate charges or grant you any on hit effects.

It does look cool, and I was meaning to try a windripper build...

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 5, 2017

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
The changes to shield nodes are interesting. Claw + shield reave with lots of block chance??

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

if youre ever low on alchs or alterations you can grab everything from the public tabs and vendor them. there isn't a log of who took what. enjoy!
ps: this would probably be a valuable service because the tabs are filled with garbage

Unironically yeah, people love to throw in garbage items and clog up the tabs

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Already bought a supporter pack so sure why not. More useful than a div card tab imo

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
technically 4l but yeah

e: oh hey it's a wheel of time reference

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Jusupov posted:

New wings look pretty great in motion

New box, yeah?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
SSF gc mines here. What's the best way to get myself a tremor rod? Also should I care about tremor rod? I'm doing pretty well in white maps so far with a dagger and shield.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I actually forgot about the new threshold jewel, that would be pretty nice to have (saves the glove slot and the abyss jewels don't do much for the build anyway) but lol at finding two of them on my own anytime soon.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Welp I found a ngamahu and belly today, guess I'm respeccing as soon as I can manage to get 6s and 5l.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
No you should link it, the weapon DPS is nothing to sneeze at.

My plan is to 4l cyclone for clearing and use the chest armor for a molten strike single target setup

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Normally, by waiting until I have way more jewellers than I need

Fusings are a different story, I've learned to fight through the tears and open some more maps

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Anybody rolling VP melee nowadays? Looking for experiences since I'm making a Scion meatball spinner. Can you get away with duelist leech with some notables increasing leech rate or does VP make the difference in survivability?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Frostbolt. Not as much area coverage but pierces

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Probably still not worth prioritizing imo

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I'm doing Scion slayer/raider ngamahu based on this tree (no xophs version):

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1960309

It's fun and goes reasonably quickly, haven't found too many red maps but it has demolished all the content I've run into so far on ssf. Using tombfist gloves for the sweet intimidate bonus damage, I'd run lightpoacher too just because it's fun but I need the sockets/stats on a rare helm.

Also I haven't felt a strong need for Vaal Pact yet. Maybe that will change at guardians/shaper but keeping regen is nice QoL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Jinnigan posted:

this looks pretty ridiculous

i kind of want to run the same build but with molten strike - any idea if ngamahu works with AC/MS?

It won't proc the molten burst off the MS balls, the only reason i haven't tried. But MS might be good enough as single target to warrant running anyways. Maybe as a gem swap in your chest?