Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I had a detonate dead assassin last league that relied on critting to get fat ignites. I really enjoyed the playstyle and wanted to make something similar work this league. Unfortunately it seems detonate dead got the short end of the stick this patch and the ignites it causes are trash even when linked with a lot of more dot dlg gems.

Is the new node near shadow that makes ailments benefit from crits going to make it not suck?

I have a witch elementalist backup plan but at lvl 64 now it does not seem that i can get any ignites rolling that can kill anything other that filler white trash mobs.

I really want to play DD but will the game let me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

does the herald of ash more burning modifier count globaly?

or is it just for the overkill burn?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Mannnn I really want to make DD ignite work this league but I'll just end up shooting myself in the foot again..

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Reinvite to guild please, Vanrend

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

hi rodent, thanks for the invite!!

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Please reinvite my purged rear end:

Heldebrandt

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

OK,

totems that cast brands

how big of a hole am I going to dig myself into?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

mines that deploy totems that cast traps that cast brands

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Hey, is there any high lvl HC goon that would want to do me a favor and Fate my Dancing Dervish? I'd need to kill the boss of arsenal but im like fresh 71 and it will take me a long time to get T12 maps.
I'll give u the prophecy and a fee!

- edit - nvm i can just lvl and buy the map

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 27, 2018

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Tai posted:

I wonder how much streamers like mathil and ziz actually make per month.

Some HS streamer made a very informational video about his earnings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m5P_n5njCQ&t

Basically a streamer at 10k consistent viewers would average around $20k a month.

People like Ninja make around $200k a month, without taking into account sponsorships (which can vary wildly but according to this dude could very well double your income)

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Nope!!

I mean sure some people do but the economy is hosed and the player base is mostly "I don't understand why I have to reroll, who cares about new mechanics or other people".

My advice would be to choose a better starter and don't reroll, so you can get to 90+ and red maps.

I find it weirdly satisfying to build up a meta character with everything that gets carried over from leagues.

Not that I actually play standard but its fun collecting wealth, max roll uniques and legacy stuff :shrug:

Standard is just a bank sorting minigame for me between leagues

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Here is my unpopular opinion: nexus is actually really cool and good now and i hope it goes core. Only reason why it isnt my fav league so far is because theres just too much to do and hard to really get far in any of the mechanics without heavy trading.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Cynic Jester posted:

Step 1: Play on an older laptop with integrated graphics
Step 2: Set the dynamic resolution target to 120 fps
Step 3: Profit?

Cant you just fix your resolution to the lowest available for the same results?

I really like how POE looks in pixelated graphics, bit of a shame loot filters are still high rez.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

These notes and talent tree is just blowing my mind.

I had a fairly good idea what I wanted to roll but now choice lock has hit me hard.

Im so hyped for this league but I just know I'm gonna be staring helplessly at PoB 5 minutes before server launch...

-edit- dumb question: would the slayer talent Masterfull Form work both ways? Like you increase frenzy charges cap with getting increased cap of endurance charges on tree? The wording is kind of mindfucking me.

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jun 5, 2019

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Elentor posted:

I need to know if this has some value. I've seen a lot of timeless vaal jewels so far but nothing like this.

TLDR: There are five Commanding Presences in radius. They're close to the Charisma node. Total: 121% Aura AoE, 82% Aura Effect, 2x Cult of Fire, 1x Cult of Lightning, 1x Cult of Chaos, plus 30% Curse Effect/20% Curse Duration and a 4% Dodge Attack Hits on a Jungle Path. The Commanding Presences have nice nodes leading to them (the bottom one has 5% increased aura effect, 7% increased area, 5% energy shield, 10% lightning res). The catch is that they're way too spread and require way too many points to unlock the full potential.

Doing the math that jewel would account for an additional 800k dps for my cyclone friend, and give us +2% all max res for a total of two 87s and one 88, but I'd go from 7k ES to 6k.

This would be quite insane on my Death's oath character. Timeless jewels confuse me though. Do I need to run that vaal timeless key and hope I get a similar drop?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Elentor posted:

Edit: Yeah I just realized that this is probably insane for a Death's Oath character. Do you have any template or favorite build so I can play with on PoB to see the results?

Heres a generic DO life trickster I jumbled together in POB. no idea how to implement those jewels though apart from making a custom item?

https://pastebin.com/WN7mCnkw

Do post ur findings though, I'm quite curious!

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Probably extremely far fetched but maybe they cut lines when making room for future story lines?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Does the phys tag on AW make it scale with increases to phys damage?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Looking forward to farming more than actually playing. I'm usually not a melee player but guess I have to get out of my comfort zone this league.

Charged slam EQ here we go.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Actum, drat near killed 'em.

As mentioned, using the timeless jewel for Supreme Ostentation with that would make it incredibly easy to get 100% crit chance and go Cast on Crit without being dirt slow like Tripanon. Might be cool if they nerf assassin or you wanna play something tankier than assassin.

I think you are unable to increase the crit chance at all if its worded like that. You might be able to do something cool with that amu that gives massive amounts of crit multi at the cost of less crit (that wont do anything cus the crit is, as said, fixed)

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Re voidorb -

Something about this initial look disappointing me. I've been waiting on spells that have more functionality than just plop down aoe dmg. But so far this just seems that? If it turns out to be just what they showed us, I feel like its a wasted opportunity to do something cool to add some more depth to the combat system.

Like, have void orb pull mobs together and then add a dmg bonus to another spell used on it proportional to the amount of mobs trapped. Or let the orb be charged by the amount of mobs it sucks up to do something cool at a later stage like vaal skills.
I'm not smart enough to come up with something cool but I kind of hoped it would be more than just another click this skill to clear the room button.

-edit- hey jaxe

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Is the goon guild full atm?

Reserving a spot for myself if not

char: Amazingmike

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

How do I get back into the goon guild? I got purged a long time back

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

TheRat posted:

Post char name (not account name) and I will invite you at some point when Im online

Char name:
Amazingmike

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Yo Chris where's my hardmode >: (

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I like the early game a lot tbh, and I have 4k hours in this piece of poo poo game

I'm also one of the masochists that wants more nerfs and hard mode to come online already

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

the soundtrack of the new teaser is just godlike

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I love Dancing Duo to death so any change is welcome. But my main problem with any DD build is the survivability, not being able to equip a shield. I wish there was a pair of gloves that gave defensive bonusses instead of offensive when unarmed.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

we need another 3.15

there I said it

or at least give me hardmode like u promised ggg

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jan 24, 2022

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Those absolution numbers are crazy. Absolution can already be a 20m+ dps build.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Cinara posted:

The minions are not being buffed, just the spell you cast yourself.

That would make a lot more sense. Also very good since the only thing that was holding the build back was being able to quickly replenish your dudes when they get wiped.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

whypick1 posted:

The range of the beams it shoots isn't centered around you but centered around it.

Dtill having some issue understanding.

Does this mean you can for example drop it on a boss, move out of range but remain in the circle and the orb will hit boss more often or something?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Yes. Per the wiki:

That's being changed to now have the orb's LoS determine what it can hit and your position within the orb has no effect on what it can hit.

Oh ok, so its a decent QoL change but not world changing.

Never even knew lightning orb functioned this way! Might try an orb / arc starter.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Patch has massive buffs for a boatload of spells and the POE subreddit is filled with angry screeching about some QOL being removed from some obscure abilities that nobody wants to play

I hate reddit with a passion, why do I keep going there

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 26, 2022

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Is it possible the 63% reduced is a roll? If so it seems fair to assume it can go down to at least 60%, maybe even lower. Dunno at which point it becomes incredible tho, 40% 30%?

A league themed exalt/chaos/annul makes me think they caved and added deterministic crafting. But deep down inside I know better.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

No hardmode :smith:

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I swear I rememeber Chris mention better rolled veiled rares, but all I find is the usual dogshit, am I mistaken? Have I finally descended into madness?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I've been going through all the timeless jewels and I've been breaking my brain trying to understand how leech is defined in this game

Lethal Pride has a variant that converts life recovery per second from leech to an overal damage mitigation

I looked at all the different ways to increase this stat and I THINK I can get up to 39% dmg reduction

But leech is obtusely hard to understand in this game and I'm fairly sure I made an error somewhere, could someone tell me where I went wrong?

Going Champion with perm fortify and 10% reduction from taunt this would put it at ~70% reduction before any other mitigation. But no life regen and no leech makes u rely on life on hit or recoup to stay alive, so it's awkward to say the least.

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 16, 2022

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

whypick1 posted:

You're about a league late there. You used to be able to be completely invincible as long as you were leeching, but they nerfed the keystone because it turns out they don't like players being able to be completely invincible.

Ah I see, was exciting for the while it lasted

By keystone you mean the jewel right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

well poo poo I sold mine for 2 ex a few days ago