Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
gently caress you funman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

funmanguy posted:

RT gladiator/berserker/jugg/raider sunder. That is my safe recommendation for the new league. That may change fast when patch notes arrive.
No, that makes too much sense. I'm gonna do crit frostbolt totems Inquisitor, because I am Dumb.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Part of that sounds like he's channeling the Caretaker from Darkest Dungeon :stare:

theshim
May 1, 2012

A Perandus chest shows up and he's all "but yonder, a glint of gold!"

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ugh, removing the jewel vendor is very very slightly annoying. It'll still be pretty easy to get all the jewels most likely, so I can still do my frostbolt totems, but it would have been nice to not be reliant on trading for it.

I'm also mad because I'm going to miss approximately 75% of the first five days :argh:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

Its just a quest now, unless you need multiple of them per character it shouldn't matter.
Yeah, Frostbolt wants 2 of them. Again, it's still gonna be a ton easier getting them, and I really like that from GGG, as they are build enablers for a lot of the older skill gems.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Oh hey there's a reason to ever do the Pale Council proph chains, cool.

theshim
May 1, 2012

funmanguy posted:

You're all wrong.

Source: I'm right
gently caress you funman

where the patch notes at

theshim
May 1, 2012

funmanguy posted:

A quick question to anyone who played the beta. Does the immolate support gem bonus damage apply to units that are burning but immune to ignite?
From what I can tell they removed immunities on pretty much everything, except to Freeze.

I'm seriously tempted to pull out the old Hrimburn Vortex build again with all these new gems.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

Will this convert ethereal knives into lightning (cast on channel)? I've been working on the assumption that no it won't but I get the feeling that was wrong and my original thought that it would was right.
It shouldn't. It should only convert damage for its own skill effect.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Threw together a tree for an Oroflicker Slayer for 3.0 here. Anyone who's done the build before with feedback? PoB says I can hit a 98% ignite chance :supaburn:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Slaying enemies close together has a chance to summon monsters from Beyond Thunderdome.

theshim
May 1, 2012

theshim posted:

Threw together a tree for an Oroflicker Slayer for 3.0 here. Anyone who's done the build before with feedback? PoB says I can hit a 98% ignite chance :supaburn:
Realtalk, can anyone who's done Oroflicker before just give this a look and see if anything stands out as particularly bad? Thinking I'll start with this as a regular 2h slayer and switch in the Fireborn for when I get Oro's.

e: fixed it for 3.0

theshim fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 4, 2017

theshim
May 1, 2012

Mentat Radnor posted:

If you really need dual curse just wear doedre's ring or windscream boots. Traveling up to the Witch area like that is not worth it IMO.

This is how I would build it.

I like Headsman better than Brutal Fervour because you'll clear faster, but take the leech and drop Unwavering Stance if you want, up to you. The other option is dropping Impact and using melee splash support. Not sure why you went into Templar and then skipped half of the good notables, but I fixed that. Also got you a lot more life and dex and just as much penetration and ignite chance by going to Ranger WED EDWAS nodes.

edit: Also note that you can do this build as Elemental Overload if you want, and it's a pretty nice damage buff but isn't quite as reliable due to misses. You would have to get some accuracy on gear and the tree, but Oro's does have that nice 30% accuracy implicit which helps.
I was actually looking at doing it as EO, which is most of the reason I'm pathed up to the Templar/Witch area (and while I was already there it was simple to nab the curse nodes along with the fire and life), but accuracy suuuuucks to gear and spec for, and I didn't really reset the tree for the other way.. If I'm not bothering with it, it's probably not worth going up there. I feel like I really want dual curse, since Flammability is so much damage and consistency and Enfeeble is super important for staying alive, but ugh those two items. I was looking to path over to the Primeval Force cluster (largely because it's insanely good), but I was stretched too thin before.

This does give me a huge extra chunk of life, though, so it's probably better on that count alone. Around 10% less dps, but more chances to be alive to do it. I also feel like taking Impact is most of the reason to go Slayer with the build at all, saving the gem link is huge and Immolate looks like it'll be great in there for boss killing.

Out of curiosity, how does Oroflicker fare in maps with enemies that resist status ailments?

theshim
May 1, 2012

DoTs don't benefit from penetration, it only applies to Hits.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Most of my builds only use two or three uniques tops.

Which is why I'm gonna do a Facebreaker dude at some point.

theshim
May 1, 2012

denizen posted:

The bow build guide says to use tornado shot but tornado shot seems to suck rear end compared to blast rain. Is there something i'm missing?
Tornado Shot without extra projectiles is pretty sad, but with LMP/GMP becomes great. Another tip is to aim your shots just behind enemies since the initial shot pierces until it reaches its destination, and then launches the secondary projectiles, so you can easily hit enemies multiple times per shot.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Lprsti99 posted:

Aspect of carnage is FORTY PERCENT MORE. It's a gigantic damage increase, and because of those same rules, the 10% increased damage taken isn't nearly so impactful.
This is actually inaccurate. Increases to damage taken actually just function the same as more multipliers, for both players and enemies. It's why Belt of the Deceiver is such a good item for melee characters right now.

theshim
May 1, 2012

This is extremely my jam

theshim
May 1, 2012

Mr. Despair posted:

After ripping a few slayers I think I decided that starforge lacerate just isn't my thing. Anyone wanna by a nicely rolled 6l starforge? :razz:

In celebration of all that failure I blew a shitload of fuse that someone quitting the league had given me and managed to not 6l a belly of the beast. I'll get it eventually though (I'm thinking respec into gladiator, do some sort of high block gladiator with varunastra and the surrender for fun?)
Yes, give it to me for free.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Mr. Despair posted:

Not really, you gotta hit level 36 (or maybe 38) to use warchief totems, so there's no basically no reason to focus on totems in descent races.

e. I was talking more about like, the 2 week mayhem race. Warchief totems was pretty great for the SSF HC race there, wound up around top 20 chieftain with it.
28, but yeah. I mean you could run Ancestral Protector with Melee Splash as a poor man's version, but it's not a patch on the grandpa totem.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Decided to roll up what is almost certainly my last character of the league, an ele bladeflurry Raider.

Perandus Bank pops up in the Vaal Ruins.

Coughs up a Lioneye's Fall.

...might have to rethink my plans.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Mr. Whale posted:

I've heard that you can't shock with starforge while you have resolute technique. Is that indeed the case?
You can't shock with crits, because you can't crit. If you have flat chance to shock, like from a jewel, that can still apply. Source: my RT Starforge Slayer with a shock jewel.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Alright, gonna do a bow build instead of a blade flurry to make good use of that Lioneye's Fall I got. Thinking of just doing a maximum cold Raider bow build, which is depressingly similar to Mathil's latest. Anyone have a good guide or advice for it?

Mr. Despair posted:

Plenty of players can't clear guardians even with a Starforge.
don't doxx me

theshim
May 1, 2012

Yeah, Xoph's Blood was never that cheap.

Never did get one for my character :(

theshim
May 1, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

Let's talk lacerate goons
Skill of choice for Starforge!

theshim
May 1, 2012

I did a Chin Sol Shrapnel Shot non-trapper last league and it was pretty rad, I dunno.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Some more Harbinger stats.

To absolutely no one's surprise, Berserker is running a train over everything else.

theshim
May 1, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

Would it work with physical spells like ethereal knives/blade vortex or are those not really viable damage-wise?
No, it only boosts unarmed attack damage, not spells.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Area is inhabited by 10 additional Dominus

theshim
May 1, 2012

I roll a new character whenever I goddamn feel like it.

It's one of the many reasons I'm perennially poor.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Vasudus posted:

BV is just another build that's Very Good but I hate it.
There are way too many builds like this for me :(

theshim
May 1, 2012

Chimera adds are motherfuckers.

theshim
May 1, 2012

these are the gem =)

theshim
May 1, 2012

Mr. Despair posted:

yeah, this is what i was following at the start of the league. Running a covenant with a victario's charity/negro aegis seems like a fun option too
heck of an autocorrect there man

theshim
May 1, 2012

funmanguy posted:

Hey, its good to be back.
gently caress you funman

theshim
May 1, 2012

Huh, Turmoil's not voided.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Can bosses be possessed by more than one ghost, because I just imagined a Minotaur with thug's and rogue's and maybe one other and just kind of curled up foetally internally
Yes they can.

At one point in Mayhem the Twilight Strand had 20 ghosts and usually around 6 or 7 of them would possess Hillock :unsmigghh:

theshim
May 1, 2012

I'm still waiting for "Area is inhabited by 20 additional Dominus"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

u got mares in yr house posted:

What's the best way to use a Tukohama's Fortress? I got one from Vagan
gently caress you