Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

So this is the first time I've played and not gotten stuck in white maps and quit due to making my own builds rather than using guides like a sane person, https://pobb.in/2d6wbdlWtlHj and I'm wondering if I've finally ran out of things to do to improve this build that isn't just getting better rares/getting the last few levels/reworking&rebuilding pretty much everything to fit spell suppression in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Actually I just had a thought for something to improve my build, I could pretty easily move my portal gem to my offhand weapon and ditch frostbomb to slot power charge on crit + something to get power charges, but I have no idea what I'd use as an attack that I don't have to use very often for that, rage vortex?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Around 85% if things are on my brittle ground, PoB says it'd go up to almost 99% with 3 powercharges.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Static strike could work, only concern is if it'd deal enough damage to kill myself on ele reflect maps even if I don't level it. Looking up how reflect works, it'd probably be fine? Two sockets is my limit so it's probably just rage vortex or static strike. I have tested it and even unlevelled static strike will absolutely kill my rear end on reflect maps so I guess I'll just use rage vortex.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 22, 2022

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

The part that I'm curious about is the lack of anything mentioning the "lesser currency drops as grand currency" and "eldritch currency duplication" parts that're on the current wrath of the cosmos. It's entirely possible that stuff gets rolled into the new altar mods but who knows.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

This seems pretty significant? POB can search for equipment upgrades now, though it's a little jank.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I'm a big fan of the patch note that's just "we put eternal orbs back in the game, but only for ruthless" for some reason.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I'm probably going to play a heatshiver build this league because it feels like a unique that's going to get nerfed hard before too long, relatively easy to trigger for a crazy amount of free damage and it's stupidly common.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Personally I'm just using a stygian vise with a torment essence + an abyssal jewel with T1 avoid shock to hit 100% with stormshroud. If all you really care about on your belt is max life and some resists then it's not too bad to craft with essence spam.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I'm also curious - I know Harvest pairs well with Wandering Path, but what other league mechanics do? I kinda want to double the "atlas hat" map modifier nodes and see how nutty pack size can get

The only other strat I'm particularly aware of that uses wandering path is vaal temple twist of fate spam, where you mostly use it to get more vaal lock boxes + chance to reuse lockboxes.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

To my understanding, you can combine any weapon of the same overall category, staves + warstaves, wands and wands etc. Nodes you have allocated are weighted to be kept when fusing, and the exact position on the tree matters so if you're trying to craft from a 5th slot backwards the nodes you want to keep/allocate on the theoretical final weapon would need to lead on a path towards that final node.
On the other hand you can always do things perfectly and have your most important node mutate/downgrade and screw you for no reason what so ever beyond the vision of crafting.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

External Organs posted:

I've been daydreaming about speccing into metamorphs, that was my favorite league and I fuckin love the maphack aspect of it. Obviously you'd want a build with crazy single target damage. I was thinking of some kind of slayer build for the cull.

Does anyone do this? It's a shame none of the metamorph uniques are good. I also think catalysts are a super boring mechanic. I just wanna kill those giant maniac shadow guys.

I'm probably gonna hold off because I feel like it's one of those leagues that's gonna have a revamp soon.

I'd actually argue that metamorph is pretty good at the moment, you basically just max out everything on the tree, with the "metamorph has more hp/damage" and rogue metamorphs being added once you get stronger. The two most core parts of actually intending to do metamorph is using gilded scarabs, and running maps with at least 2 bosses. The gilded scarab causes every monster part you get to have a reward on it which significantly improves the odds of getting catalyst/currency etc rewards worth putting into the metamorph, and multi boss maps let you build up 6 monster parts per map instead of just 3 greatly improving how many metamorphs you get to burn through in Tane's lab which drop a lot of things from your organs that have 3-5 rewards each on them. Also of note is the catalyst drops are duplicated sextant is dirt cheap, and is functionally only 2c~ a map and adds a lot of extra value per map if you have the damage to deal with the doubled metamorph hp.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Yeah metamorph eyes are still rarer than all the other types despite there apparently being notes from previous patches saying they've fixed that. You can 3:1 metamorph organs into new random ones, that will never be any of the vendored types so you can vendor a bunch of terrible "only drops rares" other bits to try and get some extra eyes.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well having finished up getting to 40/40 and quitting for the league I feel like showing off my build briefly, of the ones I've put together myself so far this one's definitely been the most effective. https://pobb.in/HNPR53is55Ce
I went into the league wanting to do something with heatshiver since it feels like a unique that's going to get nerfed either in availability or power, and the change to arcane surge seemed like it'd make Hierophant really good. Glacial cascade seemed like it'd be fun so that's what I went with.
The build didn't really take off until I scrounged up enough early league divines to grab the inevitable judgment forbidden flesh/flame combo, since having the crits ignore resists effect was a core part of the build idea starting out.
Build wound up fairly survivable with some pretty good damage by the end, petrified blood and permafreezing everything makes it hard to die to anything that doesn't oneshot you outright.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Having done a bunch of harvest, you're definitely better off just buying cheap blue/purple sextants and soft blocking the other two with that wheel on the right side of the tree, the differences in price between the sextants isn't even close to equal to their value.
Wandering path is definitely the best form of harvest that I tried, you get way more T3 plants and more monster duplication/juice per plant, with the downside of it not really pairing very well with most other strategies and also removing the increased altar chance notable from eater's top wheel.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

You can vaal maven invites, an 8mod one will drop more loot/splinters since they do still care about item quantity. On the other hand if you're not extremely strong this is a good way to brick your invite.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Heartstopper is particularly bad, while Escape Artist is solid and leads to two different very good ES defensive nodes.
When I did a CI trickster I picked up the ES overleech node, but I'm guessing frostblade trickster is a very different setup.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

It's generally liking a specific map for a specific strategy, like most people hoping to hit it big on div card drops are going to run crimson temple, or people who just want to blast legions and leave will often run Dunes. It's a combination of map layout/density/card pool typically.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

When you finish the heist questlines you start getting unique heists to drop as random extra drops, it seemed to be pretty heavily weighted away from the one good one, the vox twins, which would be the one at the end of the cat stuff.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Theoretically I'd think vaal breach exists for people to get on kill effects like headhunter mods during boss fights, realistically I think you just don't do uber bossing on builds that need an ongoing chain of kills to function.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

As far as vaal temple farming goes, "double corrupted" means it has two corruption implicits.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

An easy way to do #4 is to buy a bitterdream and throw some random gem in it, and then throw the bitterdream on the floor.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

He accidentally started essence spamming a finished craft, which would've been very time intensive and luck based to get to that point.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

When trying to 6link a corrupted item, you're probably better off buying tainted fusing orbs and bench linking back up to 4 sockets if it fails downwards. This is assuming that the console market has them at a sane price.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Tainted fusing orbs have, even odds? to increase or decrease links by 1.
Tainted chromatics reroll colours with no weighting based on stat requirements, tainted fusings +/- 1 link on use, armor/whetstones set the quality to a random amount between 0 and 29 and tainted jewelers also randomly add or remove a socket. There's some others but they're mostly not super important.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 20, 2023

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Basically live search just constantly looks at what's there and will ping you anytime something meeting your criteria comes back online/is listed etc.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

You can use more in depth filters to do fancier searches.
I'm not sure what AND is for, seems like it'd do the same thing to just stuff it into the main search set.
NOT lets you put in things you strictly don't want to see.
I have no clue how to use IF.
COUNT lets you add a set of mods you want to see X to Y out of on any given item shown, so combined with the initial malevolence effect you could throw a bunch of other one off useful effects into this one to see anything that has the mod you want and any other mods you'd find acceptable.
Weighted sum is some nonsense where you can tally up mods you care about more than others but is probably too much effort to use manually.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

You can always orb of conflict a mod up multiple tiers, and since it's biased towards upgrading the lower tier mod it's not that hard generally to take a lesser to grand mod up to exceptional or higher, while trying to actually roll a specific mod with the exceptional currency is astoundingly expensive, you mostly use those just to put in filler mods for making the orb of conflict odds better.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

You're searching for two separate compass types at the same time, if you search for one or the other you'll find stuff.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Rog, if you know what you're doing is extremely good money in early league, since you can craft some pretty good rares with him. Gwennen got nerfed into the dirt a few leagues ago and is just awful now.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Of note, isn't quite 96% for rares and uniques. 100% delirious is still an absolutely massive difficulty multiplier to content though.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

There is a remnant mod for more unique monsters.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Frank Frank posted:

I killed trialmaster but I don’t want to farm that key again. He killed me while I was picking up currency :smith:

Atziri - I don’t know what I am looking for. I assumed it was the small gold ring spam she does and not the small/large red rings but it’s so fast it’s hard to react to - doubly so when she does it while “split”. I typically save my Vaal BVs for the split but even so, she blankets the screen in those yellow bolt circles.

Aul seems like he might be easier if I can find him with the only rule being “stay in the middle of the arena”

E: wait, hold up. I’ve never died to a delve boss before. Do you only get one shot at it?

You get to retry the delve boss, but lose your spent sulphite, as many times as you want. This is assuming you've found your own Aul, not trying to buy it from someone.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Timeless jewels mostly come down to manually checking the number in PoB or https://vilsol.github.io/timeless-jewels/tree this place, with some consideration to the keystone replacement since people do use some of those as well. Realistically if you're selling them you probably just bulk them at some multi div price and lower it until it sells or it turns out to be worthless.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Delve scales enemy hp? damage reduction? and damage after hitting level 83 as you go deeper. I think Aul showing up at all was like, 180ish somewhere? The overall rewards also get better slowly, even after the odds of biomes and things cap out.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Looks like it was lower, but the difficulty doesn't go up a whole lot going a bit lower, while the odds of Aul showing up are significantly higher if you go a bit deeper. Also means you don't uncover any area that's impossible to have the boss I guess.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I think you're mostly at the part where you either try to figure out new builds to try, or just take a pause until next league.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Standard is its own separate economy pool, yes.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Improves the odds of getting a monster divine altar, and forces monster/player effects to show up on every altar. At worst you can usually stack a lot of item rarity/quant altars, at best you improve the odds of a high roll monster option while eliminating the mostly bad by comparison boss version of the rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

The item quantity/rarity boost from player altar effects boosts the amount of juice dropped by harvest mobs, if you can be bothered to loop back to the harvest at the end of the map.