Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Doryani's Fist now gives you THE TOUCH OF GOD. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mr. Despair posted:

The real question is, can you do THE TOUCH OF GOD totems to help the clearspeed.

Could probably throw it together with Rigwald's Curse and take all the claw nodes but good luck getting that in a league.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Okay, Berserker question:

If you cast Dark Pact with no minions, it costs 6% of maximum life. Does the 10% more damage taken node boost that to 16%, causing a Savage Hit and allowing for the 100% damage leech?

If so, I think I smell a meme build of a bunch of CWDT + Dark Pact set ups.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Blight damage buffed, Breath of the Council buffed, Trickster buffed and the new threshold jewel remains untouched?

all aboard the fart bus to exalt town, dudes :getin:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

lamentable dustman posted:

Mark released an updated description

http://i.imgur.com/0m6ScbS.jpg

With 9k life it is like 4k raw DPS

Approximately how much health does a level 20 spell totem get?

Dark Pact Totem Occultist sounds fun.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I logged in and killed a few things.

And then it died.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Can I make it to Hillock before the servers die again?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Dely Apple posted:

So is Nessa the Little Mermaid dead or sea foam after CRAB BATTLE? CRAB BATTLE

There's a crazy theory that says Mermaid Nessa is just an anglerfish-style lure used by the Brine King.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

lamentable dustman posted:

I believe it would use the trap hp if no skellies around which is like one.

Fixed.

If you want to do a non-self cast build, just go ahead and use skeletons. One From Dust jewel and Spell Echo airdrops a six man squad of mr skeltals instantly.

edit: Also, you get to go Necromancer for those sweet aura/offering buffs on yourself.

redneck nazgul fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Aug 22, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Traps work with skellies :thunk:

Skeleton traps in a Tinkerskin, Dark Pact mines in a Tremor Rod, milk the Saboteur passives for all they're worth? :lsd:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Alloran posted:

Picked this up a few days ago and really liking it.

Question. Can someone explain Vaal orbs to me? I read the wiki, and see they can make maps more powerful which makes sense. They also corrupt gear? This is the part I get lost at. They corrupt gear to do what, exactly? Why is corrupt gear better, or is it?

Vaal orb corruption can occasionally apply really really really good implicit modifiers on items. For gems, you can occasionally boost the level or quality above 20.

Getting curse on hit gloves, +1 curse amulets, +1 frenzy charge boots, +1 arrow quivers, or +1 to all gems on armor are huge power boosts on items you were already going to use anyway.

It's risky and you're likely to end up bricking whatever item you were going to use, so it's sort of dumb to Vaal things wildly unless you're already swimming in currency to replace your losses.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm thinking of trying Blade Vortex with the poison stacking gems. The 30% more damage with ailments per stack looks abusable.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Question: Does the Assassin Toxic Delivery bit "Poisons do 30% more damage on Critical Strikes" affect spell crits or just attacks?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Xequecal posted:

The idea is that because Dark Pact scales incredibly well with flat added damage, (almost 200% effectiveness on a 0.5 cast speed spell) you could do something like dual wield Apep's Rages on a mana Guardian. That will have the mana regen to support what would probably be 100% increased cast speed and 80% increased mana cost, and with those + added chaos you can just machinegun poo poo down with wither totem for bosses.

If you're going to run it as CI, I'd cast it off of skeletons: You're not getting the life bonus since you're not spending any life, and while I don't have the math skills to check, I think three bursts of damage beats the single more multipler that self-cast would give you.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Selfcast magma orb is stupid and wonderful with +2 chains helmet

Now I just need a 21/20 Magma Orb for one more chain :buddy:

Should go back and do Deadeye for +1 projectile and +1 chain. :getin:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Blade Flurry is still king poo poo if you're using daggers/claws/swords.

Ice Trap got dumpstered because they didn't increase the AoE as the gem levels.

I can't speak to anything else.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Is the updated Lightning Tendrils in now or is that coming with 3.1?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Boooooooo. Well, at least I have a league starting idea.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Can I get an invite? Character name: redneck_nazgul

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I don't know how I feel about the new Melee Splash-esque gem.

I feel like it's objectively worse than Melee Splash unless you're dealing with two or three targets.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Freezing Pulse, I think.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

silvergoose posted:

Is there any feasible way to BUY chaos orbs using other currencies, I think I'm asking.

Fusings, chromes, and jewellers are pretty reliable sellers once people start trying to six link things.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ferrinus posted:

I'm gonna set up a firing line of four dark pact totems and then wither-cwc-summon skeletons about it.

I don't think totems will cast Dark Pact on your skeletons, but I saw the fabled Skeleton Trap/Dark Pact Mine build so maybe?

I'm thinking of just going Skeleton Dark Pact Trickster and stack poison damage off of six pulses of damage.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Invite for redneck_nazgul, please?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

euphronius posted:

Are the totem spectres only worth running if you have the shield to give them two totems?

I think they patched that.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Thief's Torment for mana on hit and life regeneration for the rest?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

So, Hypothermia now adds bonuses to cold damage over time. Bear Trap makes things take more damage from traps.

A: I know multiple Vortex zones don't stack, but would Cold Snap and Vortex zones stack since they're separate sources of damage?
B: Would the Bear Trap damage bonus get added to the Cold Snap/Vortex degens if you use traps to trigger them?

Also, please invite redneck_nazgul to the guild if there's still a slot open.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Do Bear Traps stack their effects or do I want to throw them out one at a time?

The debuff doesn't stack, but you can keep the debuff on something permanently if you time it correctly: The base duration is 3 seconds, you get 3 charges with a 4 second recharge timer.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Zephro posted:

If Tarkleigh is sitting on a stash of Mirror shards that he can afford to hand out to random exiles why is he hanging around Lioneye's Watch and not chilling in a solid-gold jacuzzi drinking Chitus wine with Nessa back in Oriath

because oriath's ilvl is too low to drop any gear worth mirroring?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I wonder if they made Vortex ground DoTs stack.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Vasudus posted:

My dudes what would you consider to be a reasonable amount of ES% on the tree for a (rare) shield using non-occultist? I'm looking at somewhere around 230% with an Energy From Within. I haven't done non-Occultist CI in so long I've forgotten.

edit: I am using a Skin of the Loyal too so there will be 100% increased global defenses.

Depending on the rest of your pieces and if you're fitting Discipline in, you should be okay with that.

Also, reworked Vortex is good, y'all.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

since my laptop catches fire when i try to play anything more taxing than SS13, i've been playing on PS4.

cons: aiming is weird, buttons are weird, i had to look up a tutorial for unbinding skills.

pros: the economy is so weird, i got a doomfletch prophecy for 3 silver coins.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The PS4 economy is half people not knowing how to price things and half people trying to take advantage of builds saying "Use this item".

Goldrims are several chaos a pop, some guy wanted 2 ex for Vixen's Entrapment, and people sell valuable prophecies for the sealing cost.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

J posted:

I wonder if there's even any mirror worthy items on PS4 yet though.

there isn't and you won't find any with the trading interface

on a lark i checked the currency trade market and there's four up for sale

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

McFrugal posted:

ANOTHER build that crashes the instance regularly? I have a feeling we're going to see a poison stack limit within the next couple of patches. Well either that or some behind-the-scenes shenanigans to make the math less difficult.

Just give part of the Eye of Innocence/Ngamaku's Sign loop Avatar of Fire: Deal no non-fire damage = no poison = no distributed computing problem of calculating infinity poison stacks, if I understand things correctly.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Has anyone taken a trapper to the endgame recently?

Going to run a Saboteur for the PS4 SSF flashback league and am trying to figure out options on an SSF budget.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Aerox posted:

https://twitter.com/bexchangewords/status/1130573252030451712

Looks like we've got Carnage League coming up

Edit: Never mind, I forgot how much Bex trolls. Maybe not.

league aesthetic is black and red swirls

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

finally, the return of viper strike

(i don't know if it ever was a thing)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

I’m not sold on these melee changes because it doesn’t touch on you filling up the screen with explosions and blinding yourself from seeing something about to kill you.

Deadeye Cyclone CWC Magma Orb with a Sire of Shards, GMP, and 2 Inevitability jewels. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Some Juggernaut builds with stupid amounts of skill duration and lots of endurance charges, to make them permanently immune to physical damage.