Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

any reason to do SSF?

Social anxiety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I love being bad at this game and realizing I'm still using a badly rolled Lochtonial Caress at level 35 because I'm terrible at evaluating rares.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

What's Delve and how do I get to do it?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I missed Betrayal and have no idea what's going on with this board of people, is there a good guide anywhere with what I'm meant to be doing here? I've heard you can get really good stuff out of it but also really easily miss out, but all the guides I've found are for super speed farming and not "here is what this mechanic is and how to properly do it."

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Delving is so fun, I wish I played during Delve. I think last time I played was Legacy.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Do you think a lot of problems with Synthesis could be helped if either memories had ~twice as many uses so they weren't constantly collapsing, or if you could just place all of them from the Nexus without having the "planned" spots than can get randomly overwritten? Seems like either of those could do a lot to cut down on how tedious a lot of it feels. I don't know it'd make it actually worth it still, but I'd probably pay more attention to the Nexus if I knew progressing towards a modifier couldn't drop stuff right in my way.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Memories collapsing in the nexus at all is something that really confused me at the start. I thought the whole point of the nexus, conceptually, was that it stabilized all these memories.

Having each type of memory add a modifier to an end reward node could be a simpler way to do what they're trying to, also. Like a beach adds something minor since it's common, a volcano adds a breach, that cave one with Nico's memory adds sulphite, whatever - and then at the end you have one extremely loaded map, instead of 30 possibly good ones.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

drat, I just sold one for 70 the other day. What's using it so heavily?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Mine doesn't, but it also doesn't really go near any life nodes that are better than es. Volume going down looks pretty likely though, there's only 39 up right now.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Benson Cunningham posted:

What are good ways to make currency with Beastiary? I have a lot of saved up beasts.

Pokeball and sell the expensive beasts, just do the recipe for the rest and see if anything good comes out. Each red beast only gets used in one thing, so you can't lose out on something else by doing all your Create Unique Belt recipes or whatever.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Have you loaded it in Path of Building? That might have the rest. Otherwise, maybe just open up one of the Storm Brand builds in the OP and continue on to that.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 23, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Man finding and buying jewels makes me want to die. I guess since all my gear is dirt cheap (turns out when you play melee this league your gear stops costing multiple exalts per piece) I can swing it, but I really don't want to.

Also, how do you all usually go about getting a loreweave? Just keeping unique rings you find until you've got enough? I'm having a hell of a time finding people who actually bother to stop what they're doing and trade 1 alch rings to me.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Yeah, you can find them for dirt cheap though they go quick and trade is bad at indexing them. I've found a couple of Kaom's Signs and stuff for 1 alch or chisel. I have enough rings from just random drops that it's technically cheaper to buy the remaining 45 than to drop 55c, but it probably is just not worth the time for most people to trade.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 25, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gaardean posted:

15c to make the base, just grabbed 3 double fractured helms with 2 fractured mods of fire/cold/light resist, scoured and crafted the third resist type on them. Super lucky and got this with my first pristine + aberrant fossil craft, I'll admit, but that's still only 5c per attempt, and I'd have settled for much worse. Getting some minor upgrades on glove/boot/helm/shields with synthesized items isn't anywhere near as difficult as people seem to think so long as you aren't going for the high-tier unique implicits, and fossil crafting is really strong for their price if you aren't chasing the energy shield meta. Even just fully master-crafting an item is extremely strong right now, and that's always just 2ex plus the craft costs, and that's more than enough to take down endgame stuff. I hated crafting pre-fossils, but I'm really growing to love it now.

I think this is what the point of the system was meant to be. Most mods you can get through synthesis are going to be better than the nothing you'd usually have in that implicit slot. They may not be incredibly valuable, but a chest that you get +15% cold/lightning on instead of nothing at all is always going to be a better base than the same chest without that. It has the potential for extreme highroll, but that's not the sole use of the mechanic.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

Ive made that mistake with Archeage, Albion Online, and Fallout 76. Fool me once shame on you, fool me 5 times shame on me.

Reading this feels like falling down a flight of steps

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

EVIL Gibson posted:

Need some help pricing this. TradeMacro has literally no idea how to price it. Looking at POE trade is crazy wide in pricing for a similiar belt.

2-3 ex? My search terms were a minimum of 110 life, 35 fire resist, and 40 cold and lightning resists. There's four, all of them are in that range.

http://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/DGB3a7c5

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Kibbles n Shits posted:

What's a good beginner build for someone that doesn't already have a high level character to farm or buy items? I'm on act 5 with a 2H cleave\bloodrage build that I pulled out of my arse and while it's a lot of fun and clears monsters quickly, I also die quickly.

You could look at Tectonic Slam? Pretty good melee weapons are dirt cheap this league, check out an Oro's Sacrifice or something. Also probably take more life in your tree than you have been.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

He really gave Kripp a lot of credit, I always forget he used to be The Guy for ARPGs.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Filthy Monkey posted:

I enjoyed it, as I found ice nova CoC fun. I hit 96 for the first time ever, and got in three uber elder kills. After that I mostly petered out though. Memories were interesting, but I only ever managed to synthesize vendor material.

Still need to give away gear and such, as I don't give two monkeyfucks about standard. Anybody interested in the build? Preferably somebody who hasn't really ever been to the endgame before, as I would prefer it isn't just going to be cashed out for some rich exile's hoard. You can see how it works in this chicken nugget man video I recorded. I am using fortify in the 6L too. Swap in conc effect and you could do another 50% more damage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juqEUDdJ5vs

Yeah, actually. The highest I've made it was 83, and I don't think I've ever had more than an exalt or two net worth. That looks fun, I'd give it a shot. My character's called NumberOneArbysFan.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Filthy Monkey posted:

Works for me. Get online and I'll set you up. Tried sending a whisper to NumberOneArbysFan and it says you aren't online.

Yeah, I'm not quite home yet. I'll be on in ~20 minutes. What's your name, so I can ping you when I get on?

Thank you!

Edit: I'm on now, if you're still around.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 8, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I was having constant disconnects when trying to log in or teleport to a hub and unplayable lag on Betrayal interventions until I moved my install to an SSD. Now it's completely fine.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'm gonna do Berserker/Slayer Ascendant. Join me on this journey.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

NuckmasterJ posted:

Hey goons, I'm a newish player and I have a question that has been asked a few hundred times in this thread.

What the hell am I doing? It seems like everything in the game other then just trying to finish the entire story is based around finding the perfect gear to go on. I can't seem to find gear with the right links, and the link gems are hilarious rare so I keep hitting road blocks where bosses just demo me (even with nearly maxed resists). I'm attempting to use builds off the POE website but even that can be a challenge as they all seem to revolve around the player being experienced and having access to properly linked gear.

I don't get synthesis or the crafting of items in it. I also don't get the delve stuff due to the material required to delve being pretty rare on maps; I can't get down to the area with my level gear (50's) because the cost is to high. The little weird fellow doesn't show up that often on maps either. The beast arena is also a mystery on what's it for. The map lady after you restart the whole map I've straight up ignored since there's a good chance it won't make much sense to me either.

Where/what is a newer player supposed to focus on, or achieve? If the goal is trying to get a 5 link chest then I think I'll go buy some lottery tickets instead.

Step one:

quote:

I don't get synthesis or the crafting of items in it. I also don't get the delve stuff due to the material required to delve being pretty rare on maps; I can't get down to the area with my level gear (50's) because the cost is to high. The little weird fellow doesn't show up that often on maps either. The beast arena is also a mystery on what's it for. The map lady after you restart the whole map I've straight up ignored since there's a good chance it won't make much sense to me either.

Ignore this poo poo. You'll have time later to care about it.

Step two: what builds are you looking at/playing? You should probably ignore anything that doesn't say "league starter" or "beginner" or "budget" in the title. The one that gets pointed to most often for starting is Enki's Arc Witch (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951) due in large part to having a very clearly defined act by act guide of what items you're looking for, what skills you're using, and when to change those things. Even if you're not playing Arc Witch, you can still use it as a sort of framework for how to progress through the story. Don't get hung up on the exact rares they link in the guides, either - look for stuff with similar stats and sockets, but you can shift where your resists etc are around. Most of these sorts of guides will only ask you to use uniques that cost a couple chaos tops too.

Step three: Linking your own gear is for suckers or people crafting gear from the ground up if you need more than a 4link. You don't want to be either at this point, you're new and don't have the money to craft beyond the crafting bench. Go on the trade site (https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis) and search for what you want. There's a ton of submenus there but they're all for exactly what they say - just select "body armor" in the type filter, a minimum of 5 or 6 links in the socket filter, and maybe fill in socket colors if you don't have a lot of chromatic orbs. Mediocre (read: good enough for your purposes) 6ls are around 15c, and 5ls are basically pocket change. Make sure you can actually equip the stuff you're buying, too - there's level/stat filters if you don't want to check each one.

I'm sure other people can have better advice than me, but this is the basics. Just progress through the story, equip better gear if you find it, buy better gear if you don't find it, and try to keep your resists maxed.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 15, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The other important thing to remember is that you don't need a 6link to get into endgame. A 5l with good stats can run you half or less of the cost. I usually like wearing a 5l with life and resists way more than a Tabula - you can upgrade to an okay 6l off what you make in white maps.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The other case, and one that seems more likely here, is that Infernal Mantle is only worth about a fusing. It's not worth most people's time to go and make that trade though, so they just don't respond unless they're sitting doing nothing.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Oh, yeah, that's true. I can't imagine why you'd try to price fix infernal mantle though. Maybe there's a lot fewer of them on PS4.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It's not impossible to find someone who can buy one, they're like 150ex right now. You might want to look for the stuff up for either around that price or for mirror service, though, see if there's some insane build-carrying bow or whatever.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

This ps4 stuff keeps tripping me up tbh play the game on god's own console

(the Sega Dreamcast)

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

If you absolutely must avoid copy pasting the message from the trade site, look up specifically solo self found guides for gearing information.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Solvency posted:

Crashed to login during a blight, removing items from my inventory from that instance. Also it reset my global chat number too apparently. What's the goon general chat number?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Skitterbots detonate mines for you, don't they

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Ah, alright. It seemed like they wouldn't be quick enough, but I haven't used them and this game has stuff going way quicker than its animations suggest sometimes.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

How much life/es do you have? I've got like 1.7k at a similar point in the story, with mostly trash gear.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Okay so the lesson is I'm catastrophically short on hp I guess. Should I dig my way out with gear or passives or what?

If you aren't using the crafting bench already, you could probably craft hp onto any of your gear it'll fit on.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Garfu posted:

What spell should I be casting as a zombie necro to trigger the charges for Victario's? I've just been running around letting my zombies do everything and I feel kinda useless. Is that just the necro life? I feel like I'm missing something wrt self casting something.

edit: I sometimes cast flesh offering but I don't really ever seem to need to

That is kinda necro life, because a lot of them just take Necromantic Aegis and let the minions trigger those charges themselves. Storm Brand would work fine, though.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I've got feeding frenzy on my zombies because they feel like they spend too much time not doing anything otherwise.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Running zombies and spectres rather than skeletons could probably do it fine, basically all minions are crazy strong right now. Animated Guardian too.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Zereth posted:

Ah, thanks! Still the wand I found gives more physical damage and is only down one slot (which wasn't connected to anythign so I was just leveling a support gem for when I can link it up) so I'm using it anyway.

Also, a prophecy went off and I got this weird unique robe which has six linked white slots, and no modifiers at all? Is this any good? Hell it doesn't even have any *stats*, no armor, evasion, or energy shield? :psyduck:

Tabula Rasa, it's one of the best leveling items in the game because it lets you use a 6-link from level 1 and is usually one of the cheapest ways to get a 6-link in general. If you're past level 70 you don't really need it, but if you make a new character it'll be very helpful.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Zereth posted:

:hmmyes:

I'm basically new, I powered through with a lot of dying on a duelist before back in the, uh, bestiary league, and stopped as soon as I hit maps. I highly recommend this one for new players, too. Explaining not only what to do, but WHY to do it, is great. Plus it's real strong.

But this time I'm continuing since this is way, WAY more effective than the duelist was, so I need to, like, deal with maps and gearing up and stuff. What should I be doing, in general? And where the hell do Convoking wands come from, I've got a couple of essences of the "minion damage" type that aren't bound to a level, slapping one of those on a white Convoking wand seems like a good plan but I don't know where to FIND one

EDIT: also is there a way to in crease the quality of a Vaal gem? or if I want a higher quality Summon Skeletons am I stuck finding/trading for one and levleing it up all over again?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Convoking_Wand there's a list here of where you can find them, they only drop in maps. You can buy alright rare ones for cheap, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Yeah I'd say the only leveling gear you'd need is movement speed stuff and maybe a tabula, if you really want one. Tons of people who started as as summoner this league made it to maps with level 5 whites and stuff on.