Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Pretty sure I'm going to start with frostbolt mines for 3.0. After some testing in the beta i think I can deal with the mine detonation and hopefully get at at least 2 detonate gems. Targeting can still be a bit fiddly but with more experience it should get better. I was doing elementalist in the beta, but I think I might go saboteur on line.

Disappointed they got rid of the gem vendor and replaced it with a single gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The Pale Council is getting a rework.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930237

quote:

The previous Pale Council uniques can now be obtained from each Pale Council Prophecy chain.

- efb

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
From uberelites stream, the SRS damage change is nothing to worry about. The commander nerf is a little more troubling, but you aren't loosing that much.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Golems are also quite viable, but require more expensive uniques to make them destroy content.

Zizaran has his 3.0 guide out, have not watched it yet as its 43 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPVJIn98B4

And while RF totems tooks some big hits, according to Milky it sint dead, you just need to be more active and zerker has more upsides than chief for now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6r2s2u/rf_totem_nerf_with_numbers/?st=j5vgu740&sh=6bccc767

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

10bux posted:

Been planning on doing caustic arrow, and seeing as they buffed it, I think ima go ahead and give it a go.

My original plans have all been Scion Deadeye/Occultist, but I'm kinda having second thoughts. Occultist ascendancy just seems a little weak, although the extra passive points would go really far. Second choice would be deadeye, for free pierce and a bunch of proj dmg and AOE. However, just today they switched up Trickster: 5% damage over time per frenzy and power charge, +1 maximum frenzy and power charges, 15% chance to grant frenzy/power charge on kill. Pretty nice node, but, even with max frenzys/power charges it's still only like 40%-60% increased DoT. Not worth it right?

It's been forever since i played CA, plus the new 3.0 wording, so I was hoping some people could clear some things up.

CA chaos debuff is not a "ailment" like poison and bleed correct?
Physical damage, critical strikes, and the physical that's converted to flat chaos, only affect the initial hit?

If these are still true, then the types of damage i want from the tree are: projectile, damage over time, chaos damage, and i guess area? I'm also guessing that I'm still going to want a +3 bow, instead of getting a phys bow or something. It would be nice to scale something else for single target, but i think the +3 bow is still probably best?

Also what class/ascendancy do you think?

Occultist, raider, trickster, ascendant occultist/deadeye, regular deadeye (:lol:) are good choices. I like the ascendant option myself.

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

And yeah, caustic clouds shouldn't be an ailment. The only things that should scale the cloud are damage over time, area, and chaos damage, maybe projectile but I'm not too sure (I don't think projectile nodes affect ED anymore so I imagine it'd be similar here).

Yes projectile damage is back to boosting CA damage they way it should be per the patch notes.

Budgie posted:

Like... 50 slots left now in guild. I'm on a late tomorrow and an early Saturday so it'll be like Sunday before I can play: GL rodent and hauki and dbk and katasi and bugsy cos you're dealing with the rush if you're about!

Hauki posted:

That's gonna be rodent probably. I mean, I'll try to be around somebut I've got a bunch of poo poo to deal with at work at least tomorrow and part of Saturday, so I won't really get much time in before Sunday either.

Once I get home from work Friday 9:00pm cst or so Ill be on most of the weekend. Rodent is doing an awesome job so far keeping up with the thread.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Impermanent posted:

I would like to be in as Spiniard if there's still room in the guild.

Sent!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

UberJumper posted:

Still feel really squishy, and keep randomly being more or less one shotted by mobs in Act 9. I can typically kill almost everything fairly easily as long as i get a drop on the enemies, but there are times where out of nowhere a mob hits me and i am dead.

- Glacial Cascade + Remote Mine Support + Concentrated Effect + Minefield
- Cast When Damaged + Immortal Call + Detonate Mines + Elemental Weakness (Am i supposed to keep some of these skills to level 1?)
- Vaal Clarity all Alone
- Hatred in a Essence Worm
- Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Arcane Surge + Increased Duration (Honestly i can barely tell the difference with these 3 support gems and just a naked flamedash, and i don't see how people can use this skill to zip around the map)
- Frost Bomb + Multi Trap + Trap Support + Cluster Trap (Throw em down during the boss, for some extra damage that i can't really tell if this makes a difference)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/UberJumper/characters

I feel i am fundamentally missing something about this build. Should i be stacking ES or Evasion?

Once you get all the nodes behind MoM you should be less squishy, Id also take Nullification as that will give you some defense/res. You could also run a stone golem for some more life regen and enemy distraction.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Goa Tse-tung posted:

interesting, I assume Slayer and not Gladiator like the post I quoted?

Yeah it was a slayer. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/HegemonyTV/characters character - HegeSlays. Looks like he was double dipping a bit with added chaos + cherrubim's maleficence + atziri flask.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I want more hideout tilesets from the new acts please GGG. Ossuary/reliquary prefered but a snow mountain top one would be cool as well.

And more guild slots.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

gonadic io posted:

One of these days I should make a hideout that's more than just the benches clustered around the stash and waypoint.

Since hideout decorations are part of the shared mtx system you can buy a crap load of expensive decorations from the permenant leagues and use them in harbinger. Unfortunately there is no way to sort them beside by name so anytime you upgrade your hideout you have to dig for your benches.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

MMF Freeway posted:

For my second character I'm thinking I wanna do some kind of totem boss killer build. Is the self-flagellation, kikazaru, soul mantle combo still worth doing?

It still works just fine. Ive seen a couple people doing it wth dark pact and it seems to work well for them. The extra totem life from the mantle lets them cast longer.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

How can I deal with reflect on my crit flicker strike slayer? I think there's an ascendancy that can reduce reflect by some amount? I'll take that tonight after merc lab but as it is i literally die before I can let off my flicker button.

Take the Yugul pantheon power as well.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Phobophilia posted:

What's a good 2-handed sword skin? Not a fan of the starforge 3d art, it's too flashy and mystical for something that does pure physical damage. I quite like the new colossal sword they've previewed, because it's relatively grounded. But if I don't want to pay for that, what looks good?

Dancing Dervish looks cool if you cant find an Edge. Oro's also has 3d art.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Bring back the original chatty scion.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Cast on Crit Trypanon Something - I haven't been able to get something viable put together but I love the concept of that stupid hammer

I did CoC shock/Ice novas as a Juggernaut with cyclone back in HC perandus. Never got that character to maps before I burned out on the league but it seemed ok. Had fire damage on hit so I was always procing EE, and took elemental overload as well. You need a crap ton of attack and movespeed as trypnanon is so drat slow.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I'm mostly using fire spells but I've invested a little into raising zombies/skeletons. Is there a way to pass some of my increased fire damage onto my undead minions at all?

Anger aura will do just that.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Whoops, was thinking of doing the skelly mage thing, but I guess I waited too long.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

vOv posted:

I'm lazy and don't feel like looking things up on poe.trade's currency exchange, which master currency discounts are worth doing?

Elreon and Vorici for sure. I think Haku is as well (augs -> Alts) but not a priority unless you have a poo poo load of augs.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

NachtSieger posted:

Why is that?

My favorite map is Arcade, just by the way. I think it looks good :v:

Easy layout and drops good cards.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Anything I can do to this to get it to sell? I know the slow base is a killer.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Awesome! posted:

i think i am going to roll a summoner to play in between wanding sessions. liftings build looks cool and i havent played a single es character this league. just looked and crystal belts are so hilariously cheap.

any thoughts on queens decree vs femur of the saints? femur has better skelly mage numbers but i feel like a ton of damage comes from the searing totem spectre dudes so the +1 spectre might be more relevant

I think femur still has some issues with constantly calculating minion stats causing lag, but I don't know for sure.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The currency tab has room for Esh, Xoph, Tul, and Uul-Netol shards. Cahyula ones are rare enough that they can go in the essence tab, which only has room for 3 anyways.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

silvergoose posted:

Combine with some amazing cast on death?

I'm intrigued, since I tend to die against bosses.

Nope, you die and the golems just keep killing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv8pEDrk4v8

And whats up poe goons. Got super burned out of harbinger. Abyss looks fun.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

nerox posted:

Is there an announcement on when the patch goes live? I know the new league is Dec. 8th, but I thought there was some time between patch and league start.

Also I am going to do a bow character or summoner, since I have never done either before, depending on how patch notes look.

The entire game will go down 4-5 hours before the new league starts, then the patching server will come up in about an hour so people can get patched then queue up when the game goes live.

e- think im going to do some sort of turn corpses into homing fireballs caster. Probably elementalist or chieftain.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 1, 2017

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Dizz posted:

So since Vaal Pact was nerfed, how good is ele buzzsaw ST? Should I try a different variation? Or should I just give up and try some new build?

Proving patch notes, it should be fine.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Mentat Radnor posted:

Time-Lost Relic should be able to pop out a Perandus Manor but I'm not sure of any other way to get it unless they're going to add it to base game drops/Encroaching Darkness.

If it's not getting added as a base game drop then uhhh. Enjoy paying exorbitant amounts if you want to 100% your Atlas.

Darkness cannot drop the Manor unfortunately. Aside from a new divination card, we dont know how it can drop yet. Since its still connected to Chateau maybe the boss can finally drop it?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Insurrectionist posted:

For a US forum talking about an NZ game, 'tonight' is not very helpful to a Euro like me.

Although I assume it's not NZ time unless they work very odd hours!

GGG updates are usually some time between 4pm - 9pm cst.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Awesome! posted:

so how annoying is it to get specific specters you want now

Get the ones you want, then go to the highest level area you can then use desecrate to make corpses. Your specter type will be included in the corpses made. Turn them into to specters and then you are good.

Keep in mind that Uber Trials and master mission areas are always +1 to the current zone.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036673

Tree and items are updated. No clue if PoB is updated yet.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Oh and per Uberelite talking with Mark@ggg the Tukohama's Vanguards monster balance was more of a bug fix. The Vanguards were trying to summon multiple totems at once (like casting with spell echo) so it shouldn't effect boss kills with specters so much. The wickerman changes will have to be tested for clearing.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I think the damage on volatile dead looks ok, so Im either doing that or skelly mages depending on how cheap the jewels are.

Cremation looks like the damage is higher than flameblast based on some forum guys math.

quote:

cremation = 2230 (at 3 geysers)
bodyswap = 783.12
bodyswap_2 = 1566.2 (if base damage explosion happens BOTH around you and corpse)
mirage_archer = 35.6% MORE damage
volatile_dead = 835.62
volatile_dead_3 = 2506.9 (if base damage explosion happens around every corpse)
unearth = 1125 (6% base crit, physical)
detonate_dead = 575 (they probably forgot to refresh damage for it)
lightning_tendrils = 1054.3 (releases larger damage pulse every 4 pulses)

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Zmej posted:

I thought you had to place your cursor on/near the corpses to cast Volatile. Also my idea is grabbing Ancestral Bond for +1 totems. My plan is to throw out corpses like a crazy man and have enough totems to keep up with them.

I really just want to see how many orbs I can fill my screen with :orb:

If you do that your volatile dead orbs wont do any damage.

I think desecrate is going to be better for VD (lol) than unearth. Unearth does a lot more damage with the projectile hit but to get max corpses you need gmp + cascade, while you just need desecrate + cascade to get the big piles of bodies.

VD + cascade + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Fire Penetration + Concentrated Effect is the 6 links.

Im going to go Berserker.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk1QMRfEWRY

new box

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
New armor from the maker of the coke with sprite sword.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Why is no one talking about the new abyss jewels?? Their mods were pulled from the client and they look ridiculous. Like, more than a steel ring with added phys ridiculous. Really wide mod pool so they'll be hard to craft too.

Link that poo poo yo.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

:drat:
:wow:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Thanks for posting this, and for getting all the invites taken care off.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

regulargonzalez posted:

skipped last league but I guess I'll play this league since I just bought in for the Redeemer Pack.

Can I get a reinvite for rgz_KittensOnParade? Thanks!

:toot: :sotw: :coal:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Are you planning on using VD/Desecrate as soon as possible?

What type of gear are you looking for? Any specific uniques?

Sorry for the annoying questions but much of this game is still arcane to me and I've found I'm very bad at accurately evaluating what is good/bad within a context.

Thats what I am planning on doing, and since you don't get desecrate until act 2 Ill just use freeze pulse/firestorm until then. Cascade is early act one so you get to play with it and level it right away.

As for gear I'm just going to play it by ear. I guess Carcass Jack for the chest, Doryani's so you can charge around chase your :orb:'s, and life/res rares for everything else or abyss stuff.

E - I'm going to zerker. I think the 2 skill points is going to be better than helping Kraityn. I'm not going crit so no Alira, and Oak just seems so meh on a caster.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like Abyss league will be the #1 Zana mod in the future for gearing alts

Imagine a new character with one or two of these jewels on them.

Jesus H