Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
hmm, seraph or reaper spectral throw mtx. reaper looks like it won't blind me as hard with 500 on screen but seraph so sparkly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
decided to try hardcore trade, playing boneshatter for the first time. currently level 91, tentatively starting red maps but poo poo's getting scary. i just spent my first ~100c crafting an ok (666 pdps) axe and i think i need to switch to full spell suppression now, but good lord it's loving expensive on hc. like i'll prob need 100c+ per bare bones (10%+ suppress, 60+ life, decent res) rare.

how do you make money without risking it all? very slowly, i guess. my only source of real income has been dropping an empower that sold for 1.2 div. the grind continues, but carefully.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
why is everything so expensive?

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
exsang miner was my affliction league starter. it's great if you want something a bit more fresh and also super fast.

you will probably want a separate bosser/superjuiced map guy later on, unless there's some new way to push the damage, but it's a truly fantastic starter

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
sounds great for us sanctum haters

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
after trying a bunch of random atlas strats over the past week, i think i've found what works best for me in terms of both profit, self useable items, and ”can i do this for 2+ hours straight”
turns out it's just basic poo poo and everyone else hates it

map nodes
scarab nodes
exarch nodes
necrop nodes
shrines

keeping scarabs cheap: carto, carto of corruption, monstrous lineage, hordes
could use carto of duplication but i've found poo poo return
domination on map device

just boosting pack size for shrines and altars. putting high corpse/allflame drop packs at the top

running self sustained 8mod maps, looking for sellable corpses (15c+) and scarabs/allflames/8 mod maps for bulk sale. also drops a lot of raw currency and corpses for your own gy crafts (potential huge money)

probably a very inefficient but chill version of something someone else is already doing, but it's enjoyable and makes me probably 5+ div an hour and great exp in jungle valley hell

e: forgot to mention i usually take the highest quant/packsize maps i farmed and switch to a harvest atlas which both makes it less boring and also gives me even more crafting/selling options

Twisc fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 14, 2024

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004

pork never goes bad posted:

think you could link the actual trees? i can probably remake with path of pathing but this seems pretty chill

https://poeplanner.com/a/kvH

when i want maps to run/sell on tft:

1 carto
1 carto of corruption
1 lineage
1 hordes/adversaries/domination

otherwise lazy mode:

2 adversaries
1 lineage
1 hordes/domination

according to wealthyexile i make 5-20 div/hour (20 being good rng) and the maps aren't very hard if you pay a little attention to altars
does require a good bit of trade interactions

every other strat i try seems to be lower profit and/or very frustrating/gimmicky :shrug:

Twisc fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 15, 2024

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
note to self: don't forget to swap off celestial ice nova mtx for boss fights

jesus christ

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
i really wanted to make a splitting steel char but i only have 100d and that's the cost of Nimis (what)

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
guess i'm beginning my adventure on my first Headhunter build (splitting steel 2 espensive)

dusting off my leaguestart deadeye. got HH, Lightning Coil, couple Ventor's and a Yoke. guess i could grab a Dying Sun and Taste of Hate.
time to find a strat that works well with it, and start farming for Progenesis and Nimis. and cluster jewels. and a watcher's eye. a better bow...

...i think i just farmed 100 div in order to (half) build a char that will supposedly farm 400 div? arpgs

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
i certainly could play splitting steel without nimis and mageblood but i want a late league build to aim for

also headhunter is less than 20 div atm

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
for favorite map slots, should i drop my 1 waste pool and go full JV favorites if i'm already over sustaining without doing any of the waste pools? would this get me slightly more JV and no waste pool?

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
playing the kitava's thirst variant of ice nova hiero has some really bad increased map explicit interactions too

having to fish for maps with more than like 3 mods you can't run gets annoying fast

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
what's the current cheapest way to socket/link a corrupted unique body armor? can you use tainted jeweler's and then beast link it? i've never tried on a corrupt item

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
seems simple enough, thanks!

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004

Einwand posted:

The fusing omens also suck for the price, you can just buy a sand spitter crab + black morrigan for like 20 chaos and get a 6link that way.

does this work on corrupted items?

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
i wrongly assumed you were both following the same comment thread and was confused by apparent conflicting info, sorry

what are people doing with the Forbidden Rite Pathfinder? seems like a very cool build but does it do anything exceptionally well outside bosses?

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
i have a Forbidden Rite PF based mostly on Traxis' PoB and some others from poe.ninja. it wasn't great before i got Progenesis, felt fantastic after
slower map clear than most for sure, but super durable and approaching great dps

haven't taken it into t17 or ubers but my gear is pretty bare bones yet, lotta work to do. cost maybe 70 div (160 with Progenesis)

https://pobb.in/Fh7ijizfNi1M i'm thinking i need focus cast speed on gloves, ring and jewels with dot multi, and/or a +2 doppelganger as my first upgrades

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
found a nice +2 doppelganger for 4 div and only needed 2 tainted jewelers, 2 tainted fusings and about 20 chromes/vaals to 6 link it :clint:

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
more people need to make graveyard crafts and put them up for sale. people will pay a lot. thank you.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004

mynnna posted:

Do you need a wand for FR pathfinder because I have an extra one of those

late to this but maybe!!
working with this atm. i'd love more dot multi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004