Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Is there a reason not to keep using my custom filter from last season? Like, new items won't be invisible to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

My big mistake when I first played back in beta was taking a greedy approach to the passive tree. You should always start by targeting keystone and notable nodes, then find the most advantageous path through them.

As for skills, almost every build has the following:

1: A primary attack link. This usually ends up being a six-link but not for a long time.
2: Buffs and debuffs. This is limited by Mana reserves and how many curses you can apply, so it also develops as you level.
3: A movement skill, almost always linked to faster attacks and some other goodies in a 4-link.
4: A CWDT setup, which gets triggered when you take enough damage. There's a few you often see, like immortal call or curse on hit setups.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Agent355 posted:

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm still waiting for La Mulana 2 to come out so I can LP that as well.

Are you sure getting into PoE right now isn't just the first puzzle in La Mulana 2?

George
Nov 27, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

After spending maybe 250-300 jewelers a few at a time trying to 6s my axe I said gently caress it and turned an exalt into 420 jewelers. It took 5 more rolls. I figured hey, at least I have lots of jewelers to trade in for fusings for the 5L. That also took 5. Now have 415 jewelers I have to move. gently caress.

Remember that once Vorici hits like level six he'll trade up jeweller's into fusing every day. It's a good deal anyway, and you're only sitting on a few days worth.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Zephro posted:

Oh, Flicker Strike. Why did I ever stray from your warm, seizure-inducing embrace :flashfap: :catdrugs: :flashfap:

Anyone got any experience with the crit version that uses the new Terminus Est? I want to try it but I'm a bit leery about accuracy at higher levels, cos the passive tree is already spread really thin trying to grab life and crit chance from a Duelist start.

Here's the build I followed for Legacy and holy loving poo poo did it rule. Getting the Atziri gloves was a minor pain, but it might be worse if people haven't come to their senses about the Vaal Pact nerf yet. I got it to like 1.3mil dps and it was the first character I ever mapped with. It's a really active thread with a really helpful OP who's been helping tweak other people's variants and poo poo. Do it!

George
Nov 27, 2004

I just can't believe the loot never gets better.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

Anyone having issues with sound being really choppy? Hit act 4 town and it's terrible, can't even hear half the dialogue.

Yeah I get that garbly autotuned poo poo a lot. Restarting the client fixes it.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Raged posted:

This is a long shot, but I am in my first labyrinth and have a problem. In the first section, I have come across 2 locked doors in one area and I can't find any switches or anything to unlock them. What am I missing

Probably not a good description, but I thought I would give it a shot. General chat is currently full of trumptards talking about pizza gate some I'm not going to bother there.

Sometimes you need a key from an adjacent area. Check poelab.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Poelab is one of the best community efforts I've seen in a game.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Last league I tried to fill out the atlas and it was cool and good.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Finally hit maps with my cyclone Juggernaut and it's like cutting grass in Zelda.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i don't like cutedog out of principle, but yeah that build seems pretty neat. Not really a fan of requiring a very specific rarely used chestpiece as opposed to shavs or belly though. Discharge also feels real weird.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548

He just seems like another stream bro to me. What did he say/do?

George
Nov 27, 2004

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaboom/characters

Any tips for my Cyclone Juggernaut? I'm not as tanky as I wanna be and I'm not sure what I'd want out of a weapon upgrade short of a GG rare or a Disfavour. Am I doing Cyclone right?

George
Nov 27, 2004

So I picked Juggernaut for my cyclone Marauder because it sounded tankier and I'm sick of dying, but now I'm having buyer's remorse. Should I respec into berserker? Roll a slayer?

Also I was putting my TE Flicker dude back together in standard and killed that God who runs away so fast it broke the fight. I'm really glad I put him together when life gear was practically free.

George
Nov 27, 2004

So I just found a Kaom's, but I used it all last season and am having too much fun with gem links this season to want to put it on. Should I use it on an alt or sell it to fund even more alts?

George
Nov 27, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Give it to me you gently caress

Just load up a Port map to test your new gem link and it'll be the first item that drops.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Are they ever going to add multiplayer?

George
Nov 27, 2004

That amulet is a metaphor for this thread.

George
Nov 27, 2004

If you're trying to get a 5L I highly recommend buying a Jeweller's Touch prophecy. Last I checked they were about 30c and will instantly 5L any item that's big enough.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Yas posted:

I am. I suppose I just need to put more effort into selling the gear I'm finding. Thanks.

Regal orbs are .75 chaos, so if you like running the recipe don't worry so much about the ilvl. Also you can get low level items from dailies.

George
Nov 27, 2004

When your N looks like an H and your Y looks like an R there is no way Americans are going to get anything right.

George
Nov 27, 2004

What are the actual odds per ancient orb?

George
Nov 27, 2004

I always take sure bets in this game when I can, so I sell all my Scratch Ticket Orbs and use Vorici or poe.trade for my 6 links.

George
Nov 27, 2004

God, it's 2017 and I have to keep stat gear in my stash so that I can wear the hat that lets me equip itself.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I'd rather swap rings to change the sockets on my hat than spend respec points every time.

The issue is that if you're 20 Dex short for wearing an item that gives you 20+ Dex the game doesn't figure out that you can wear the item.

George
Nov 27, 2004

deep dish peat moss posted:

Not taking VP with them lets you keep regen and still have instant-leech

It's even sillier than that: you also get the leech over time from all of your non-crits.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Atziri is definitely easier than last league. Did they lower the area level?

George
Nov 27, 2004

I really hope they make improvements to the skill and buff HUDs like D3 did several patches ago. They were a thing of beauty.

George
Nov 27, 2004

The problem with leap slam is that if you aim too far away your character walks first. It's beyond stupid.

George
Nov 27, 2004

It needs a real fix.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I want new masters for crafting mods on maps, jewels, and even gems.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I'd like to see a league more creative than "thing you run into sometimes" but if they're trying to avoid Marvel Heroes player indulgence then I understand.

George
Nov 27, 2004

They should do a league where every map is full of those lovely labyrinth traps so we can all stop wearing Abyssus.

George
Nov 27, 2004

You start with a rare in each slot and the only currency that drops is chaos.

George
Nov 27, 2004

The quality part is really neat. A lot of support gems will benefit way more from 10% quality than any number of levels.

George
Nov 27, 2004

TE crit roll is the most important part, yeah. I followed that guide when Acuities were like 13ex, so you should probably worry about a 6L before getting them now.

The crit on the sword modifies the base crit, which is insane. Get your crit gem to 20% too.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I've never had a problem but apparently I'm super resilient.

Use your neck.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Once you have Abyssus on you get to focus on maxing defense while you save for the expensive poo poo.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Ugh, just tried doing uber lab on my bow character and now I remember why I stopped playing my last one. I specced out of VP but then Izaro was super lovely. Why did they make lab require such specific tools?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

I'll tech up my flask game and try again. I think what I've learned is that I should only play hyper tanky classes in the future. My cyclone Juggernaut is so chill.