Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I hope 3.0 fixes all the various crashes I've been getting for a month now. It's impossible for me to do labyrinth, because I can't make it through it without a crash or disconnect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Zephro posted:

It's not so much that as that I really hate that level design-wise for some reason. It just feels like a boring slog.

Those loving Spirited Away totem things, so annoying.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Obviously I'm way behind since it's day 2 of the league and I'm only level 50, but the new acts are surprisingly very good. Act 5 definitely seems harder than Act 6, but the "same, but different" approach is actually pretty compelling. The minimap improvements help the flow a LOT, and help to minimize backtracking. And thank god for the Act 3 changes.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Grammaton posted:

Are some people manipulating the trade market by listing items at low prices to get other people to list at that price then snatch up the items and list them for more? I've had some surprisingly quick responses to listing items.

YEP!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-mover_advantage

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Am I dumb for thinking jewels are a good thing to spent alts on until you get a good mod (life/%damage/etc) and then divine them and hope for the best? The market is pretty slim pickings at the moment.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

AegisP posted:

Time to see just how rippy the new Harbingers are going to be.

Killed 2 so far and I haven't really noticed the difference. They do drop a lot more shards, though.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Woah, this is kind of a weird drop, but it's got me and my friends completely hooked on this game

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

lmao the people price fixing ex's: thank you. I've been holding onto 15 or so and instead of them being worth 30c I just unloaded them for 59c each. Now I'll just wait a week for items to rebaseline their prices in chaos and finish up my wander.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

That Gobbo posted:

New to PoE, I've got a 5 slot Queen of the Forest chest for the build I'm following. Will I dump more currency into trying to roll the right colors and links rather than saving up for one with the right stuff? In this case I want 3 red and 2 green on an all dex chest. I assume given it's a pure dex item the colors will skew a lot more toward green right?

I noticed there's a video series for beginner stuff but is there a decent text guide anywhere for beginners for the endgame?

Let me tell you a story.

3 weeks ago, I bought a near-perfect stat, 6-linked QoTF for about 520c, but, like you, I needed 4 off-colors.

Vorici Calculator told me it would cost about 350 Chaos worth of Chromatics to get the colors I needed.

350 chaos later - nothing.

Another 300 chaos - nothing.

At this point, I gave up, and sold it - by this time, the price on QoTF had risen, so I made about a 100c profit from the original purchase.

I waited a bit, played another character, and now an on-color QoTF with the stats my old one had is going for 20 ex, or around 2000 chaos.

IMO, get one with 6L and good stats, and just keep playing the Vorici game. I think, in the long run, it's much cheaper.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

MMF Freeway posted:

This is extremely normal for newer players, you're probably just clearing zones very thoroughly. Also typically if you engage with the league mechanic while leveling, in this case doing every memory you come across, it kind of breaks the exp curve.

Yeah, I'm always amazed at the start of a league when 15 minutes into it while I'm still punching zombies on the beach I see notifications that xXx_sephirothxXx is the first to reach level 50.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I got a chuckle out of the cyclic "respec should be hard" debate. This league has completely trivialized it:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/m39DlzaI6

15 minutes and 6 chaos for a full respec if you do the 40 regret ultimatums.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

This is the first league I've played where I've actually managed to make decent currency.

Wanna know my strategy? Just run maps. This is after 2 whole maps:

Well, with a couple of qualifiers:

I spent about 200c on scarabs, rerolling awakened sextants to get the "Nemesis drop 3 additional currency items" mod (roll all 4 sextants in a region [you might get lucky] and then just keep re-rolling the worst mod; you do have to use awakened sextants, since the Nemesis mod can't roll on Prime or Simple), and chaos-rolling the maps to get the "Rare Monsters will have a Nemesis Mod" (instead of alch/bind and scouring, since i'm lazy and it's 50% fewer clicks).

But, it literally pays for itself in a single map; you should definitely have the Uncharted Realms passive that gives you an additional sextant use.

Harbinger Zana mod is an absolute must; scarabs are literally just money. The above screenshot was from a single Harbinger pack. You don't need Auspicious/Laden Valdo's stones (they DO help, though!); this literally works anywhere, since the currency drops from the rare mobs the Harbingers spawn, not the shards they drop.

If you're currency poor, just set aside any map you roll with the Nemesis mod in a tab. Whenever you chance upon the "Nemesis drop 3 additional currency items" mod from a sextant, just go hog wild. But honestly, neither the sextant NOR the map mod for Nemesis is particularly rare. Scarabs, master missions, rare drops, etc. are just gravy.

Oh, and survive Ultimatums are absolutely disgusting with this mod. Think about how many rares spawn during one; each of them are dropping 3 currency rolls. It's computer-crashingly stupid.

forbidden dialectics fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 15, 2021

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Ok, yeah, you're both right - that said, there's nothing stopping you from doing this fresh out of blood aqueduct. It would work in T1 maps; people look at raw exalt drops or whatever and miss the 1ex worth of jewelers, chromatics, fusings, etc that they end up picking up. I might be way off here but from my perspective, that's how you can actually break into the "endgame" of making serious currency.

My intent was to be mostly tongue-in-cheek about it, but this really is my first serious league playing this game and I probably threw away a ton a would-be currency blowing through maps without stopping and thinking about the modifiers I had rolled, completely incidentally, just because I didn't know what they meant or how they could interact. I wish I had started the league saving Nemesis rolled maps and paying attention to that specific mod whenever I rolled sextants ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Zotix posted:

The big step forward for me this league as simple as it is, is the trading of currency. But instead of me seeking out the trades, I just set the poo poo to trade into chaos and do the same for chaos into EX and let the people come to me. It's so loving tedious when you are the one seeking out the trades. I liquidated like 5500 chaos into Exalts last night in like 15 minutes never leaving my HO.

A friend of mine has 2 HH from just flipping currency; he's like level 86 and barely plays the game, he just sits in his hideout looking at charts.

Selling in bulk is definitely a pro-tip strategy that literally anyone can employ. People will pay, in some cases, a huge premium for being able to buy whole stacks/multiple stacks of things. Essences, stacked decks, fossils, etc; anything that's a pain in the rear end to buy one at a time is usually worth 10-20% more if you can sell it in bulk.