Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm ready to post on page 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Flavahbeast posted:

dominus loves orb

Wait a minute, now that I think about it, how is :orb: not posted on every single page.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I'm still at work. Hopefully all the login crap will be solved by the time I can play tonight. And that I'm still in the guild. :v:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Awesome! posted:

i took a look last night. if you havent logged in in the last 2 weeks you are gone

I was deleting poo poo on standard a couple days ago so I'm probably good

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

So I'm 50ish DW gladiator sunder and... there's no guide. I'm kinda following what that guy in the op did in beta but that's not much to go on. There's slayer guides, but DW is kinda different.

Is no one playing this and it'll fade soon and I'll be super annoyed? Or am I good to at least some mapping?

Another question, is sr just RF these days or are there some builds other than RF that use it?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

When y'all say SR inquisitor, do you mean SR RF, or is there some SR-only but not CWC build that I'm missing?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

edit: nm just saw it. Any non-video guides? :v:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Sloober posted:

Got back into the game w/ flame totem witch. Not particularly fond of the act extensions as they're all cut/paste reskins, and act 4 still sucks. Wish they'd make it easier to see in boss fights as the screens are so filled with poo poo and it can be difficult to distinguish what actually counts as a safe spot.

I did like the brine king fight though, although again it was a bit messy on the effects

I'm happy the 3-difficulty thing appears to be gone, but i think they could have just leveled content with the player to keep up the xp curve to a point

Holy gently caress no level content with player, it was bad with Oblivion and it would be bad here.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Is the server dead? I'm getting "can't connect to login server".

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

NofrikinfuN posted:

Just started this yesterday, pretty good so far. Good Diablo 2 vibes, seems closer to a sequel than Diablo 3 in many respects. I actually really like the way they jacked the Materia System and Sphere Grid from Final Fantasy, my only complaint is that it's a bit overwhelming at the outset.

Surprised to see a bleed-centric duelist seems to be working well so far. I imagine it will abruptly cease to work in the late game, but it's pretty fun now. I'm hoping to avoid guides until I try a few builds from scratch. Respec points reset the whole grid, right?

Does anyone else get like 100 exceptions every time they close the client? I'm not sure what the problem is, but it only happens when I close the game.

It really is the spiritual sequel to d2 in the way d3 was not.

Respec points are one node at a time, probably if you're rolling characters from scratch you'll probably reroll one more time once you actually decide to look at a guide. Or maybe you're a mad genius!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

So how do you do that, anyway? Sextants, vaal...

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

lagcats posted:

anyone still playing dis game

This is your first post in the thread? Yes. Yes people are still playing.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Control Volume posted:

I decided to make a martyr of innocence build and the only good piece of gear I have is the actual martyr of innocence, and gruthkul melted in 10 seconds. Ive put almost all my nodes into life and survivability. What is happening

Do tell, what are you actually doing with it?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Awesome! posted:

i think this wander might be my favorite build ive ever done. up there with my howa raider from breach. high speed, shattering whole screens, good single target without swapping weapons or gems, 100% flask uptime...its so much fun. all for the low cost of a dying sun and vinktar (my other gear is still cheap as hell)

i spent awhile last night running ubers for the lightning damage boot enchant. didnt get it with the ~10 saved offerings i had. last map of the night had a trial which led to more enchant disappointment but also one last offering from the chest. that was finally the one :woop:

also i rubbed the enchant skull on my boots really hard that time so i am doing that from now on.

Hmmmm I'm probably approaching being able to kinda afford this, can you link a guide? I'm getting the itch for a new character even though I'm just into yellow maps on my sr rf inquisitor...

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Awesome! posted:

same one someone linked awhile ago https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1764075/page/1

dying sun is surprisingly cheap currently

6L qotf...isn't, jesus.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I think 90% of my annoyance with harbinger is the dumb proximity shield totems and the fact that they don't die when the harbinger pops like everything else.

Why don't the totems die, anyway?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Hallowed Ground sure was unfun to get one-shotted by the boss six times. Want to punch something right now.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

Did you make sure to kill the for side bosses first, or were you face tanking an invincible boss?

He wasn't one-shotting me before the side bosses gave him their mods on death, no.

(I did notice the aura and correctly deduced I had to kill the rest of the area)

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Control Volume posted:

Fucker hits like a truck, I'm lucky I didn't die when I ran it at level 75 or something ridiculously low with mediocre gear. Honestly that map feels more like a nasty tier 10 than a tier 4.

Well I'm 83 with kinda crappy great and well.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

couldnt they just have corrupted it to prevent mirroring and let him enjoy his dumb item for 2 more months

e: but then again the guy who bought it was a shitheel boasting about how he fleeced the guy who sold it, so gently caress him

on standard

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

So I'm leveling a duelist to go for terminus est blah blah.

The guide I'm looking at says to make sure you get a really high (read: max) crit % sword, is the extra 20% really worth the difference between 1C and 20C?

Basically, I'm poor, but don't want to hamstring myself if that truly is worth the extra cost.

Also a little amused at the guide recommending atziri gloves but they're expensive, sure I'll go to poe.trade and...39 ex? wtf.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

Yes it's worth it. The sword, that is, you can do fine without acuity.

Cool. Looking forward to blinding myself, RF/SR is getting boring.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I just started flickering and it's boss, even though my crit rate isn't good enough to sustain flicker and my resists suck.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

Diamond Flask is your friend and it will take you on strange and mysterious journeys.

Already have that

Mr. Despair posted:

Blood rage helps a ton too

and that

George posted:

Don't forget Assassin's Mark

I need to grab this and blasphemy but don't have the sockets yet, which is to say my gear *sucks* and I need to spend some effort fixing it. I did buy myself a crit strikes with good quality on it, so once that levels a little more...

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Already have that

and that

I need to grab this and blasphemy but don't have the sockets yet, which is to say my gear *sucks* and I need to spend some effort fixing it. I did buy myself a crit strikes with good quality on it, so once that levels a little more...

Turns out adding assassin's mark and blasphemy turned the build from not sustaining to sustaining. So much fun.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

So, my vague sense is that I should load up viper strike for bosses for my terminus est flicker? Anything else I should do? I'm still leveling through act 8-9ish.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

Flicker strike works pretty well on bosses already, a warchief totem can help though.

Hm, okay. I've been finding myself running out of frenzy charges real quick when I don't kill anything, so it's been flicker flicker nnnnnngh wait two seconds flicker flicker, which isn't great.

I'll add in the totem, I guess. I suspect getting some more gear on me will be good, gotta hit 63 for my daresso's defiance, and get an abyssus, and so on.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

You really need your diamond flask to be up, and decent crit chance overall.

As long as your flask is up you you should be critting enough to stay afloat (it gets better as you get 4-5 frnzy charges so you have a buffet too)

Yeah I'm including diamond flasks, and yeah obviously since my gear is not ready and I'm missing some key passives still, my crit chance isn't high enough.

I'm at 4 frenzy charge max right now, which is great for whenever I'm killing poo poo with blood rage up, but just is fizzling single target. I'll work on gear, and of course just getting more levels.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Build around and oros or terminus est

...yes I'm playing terminus est. It's the sustain against bosses I'm having issues with.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

George posted:

You need insane crit chance and enough mana leech. Also be aware that your cursor position often affects the direction you flicker in.

Yup! I need to get a few more crit passives, and replace a couple more pieces of gear.

Yeah I think I kinda noticed the direction thing, but not consciously...is there a way to make that help vs bosses?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Advice time, if y'all are up for it.

Been playing a terminus est flicker strike slayer and having fun, but I'm hitting a wall of "my gear is Not Good Enough" and I was wondering what order I should upgrade.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/silvergoose/characters terminagricola

Basically, I have like 2.5k life or something lovely like that, and it needs to be way higher, but trying to cap resists and get lots of life on the few rare slots I'm going for is...expensive.

Things I need to upgrade:
Both rings need more life
Amulet is my main source of int, and getting lots of int and life and resists is, uh...
Belt shouldn't be the base type it is, I could get some more life there
5L or 6L terminus est
5L or 6L or kaom chest
Better flaks

So yeah. I need everything, but I've only got an ex or two worth of stuff, probably, unless I really start liquidating currency which I'm willing to do if need be.

What's most important? How on earth do I get lots of life on a build where the most important unique pieces don't really contribute?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Advice time, if y'all are up for it.

Been playing a terminus est flicker strike slayer and having fun, but I'm hitting a wall of "my gear is Not Good Enough" and I was wondering what order I should upgrade.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/silvergoose/characters terminagricola

Basically, I have like 2.5k life or something lovely like that, and it needs to be way higher, but trying to cap resists and get lots of life on the few rare slots I'm going for is...expensive.

Things I need to upgrade:
Both rings need more life
Amulet is my main source of int, and getting lots of int and life and resists is, uh...
Belt shouldn't be the base type it is, I could get some more life there
5L or 6L terminus est
5L or 6L or kaom chest
Better flaks

So yeah. I need everything, but I've only got an ex or two worth of stuff, probably, unless I really start liquidating currency which I'm willing to do if need be.

What's most important? How on earth do I get lots of life on a build where the most important unique pieces don't really contribute?

Oh right. The last thing that could be added is "get a bisco's and then your life and resists will be even shittier"

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

You can take a look at my flicker strike guy that i mostly stole from mathil: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrDespair/characters/ (TheFlickeringDead_MrD)

Taking more life nodes on the tree and getting less bad gear is basically what it comes down to. (There should be a belt of the deceiver equipped, but a rare leather with lots of resists can be good too). Blood magic helps a ton, don't think you really need those auras to kill poo poo (a witchfire brew will still let you curse everything you're hitting, and since you aren't using it for DoT you can just buy the cheapest one you can)

For your amulet in particular carnage heart isn't the worst option, although a rare with crit multi/chance is probably more damage overall, but :effort: Don't think you need maligaros at all, decent spiked gloves are great, and a rare 6l astral plate can probably fix a lot of your problems too and isn't too expensive (buy the cards, throw greeds at it til you get something solid). Sorrow of the divine doesn't do a whole lot for you either, it probably is hurting you more than anything (no regen to life while you're using it!)

Hmmm. All good advice. Thanks!

McFrugal posted:

Your Abyssus is max increased damage taken. Get a 40%. Your amulet is garbage, replace it first. Your two-stone ring isn't very good, you should replace that next, same with the belt. The diamond ring has a lot of res and you might want to replace that last. Get 5L on your sword and armor at least, that's not even expensive. You have 124% inc life on the tree-- your absolute priority should be to pick up life nodes next. You want 150% inc by level 80.

Yeah I think I got the abyssus early on and I should replace it. So, abyssus, amulet, ring, 5L terminus est with decent crit seems to be 40+ chaos? Yeah I'm working on getting to the life node ring right now. Still levelin.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

McFrugal posted:

...wait why are you using Sorrow of the Divine? You don't have Energy Shield so Zealot's Oath is really bad for you.

Also I said 40% on your Abyssus but in retrospect that isn't really needed. Like 41-43 is good enough probably if you're tight on money.

Uhhh because I'm bad at the game. Obviously.

Yeah I'll get rid of that asap.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

How do you "rush" zana 8? Buy daily runs from other people? Buy randomly-found runs from other people?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

The March Hare posted:

Most effective strat I've found is running every single zana you find early as a rotation of the appropriate level. Then, once you have some cash, buying the prophecies and doing the same.

Ah right prophecies.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Yeah that's awesome.

I should really get a public stash tab...

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I just want to get to 90, and beat t16/shaper for the first time. So no race for me.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I'm 88 I suspect it won't be that hard. Also I want to get zana to 8 for the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

J posted:

:discourse:

Just alch your maps and go. You don't have to worry about sextants or chisels at all. Your map pool will still grow in the long run. I hate buying sextants and generally only use the ones I find myself. I use chisels to initially help with building a pool of red maps and once I've got a decent amount of red maps, I sell the rest of the chisels.

How *do* you sell chisels, typically? I do not have any premium tabs, fyi.

Basically I want to liquidate some stuff in harb.