Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Total PoE noob here, I found a 5L Queen of the Forest. What is a fun build to use it on? Preferably something cheap because I'm poor as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

How is master exp scaled? Like, if all my masters are around level 6 is it worth doing their missions while leveling a new character? Or should I only bother doing them on my high level characters? Also, how the gently caress am I supposed to do Vorici's missions with an Arc totem build.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I've been trying to color a Bronn's Lithe for a cyclone build at Vorici and I got the 4R 1B easily, but I've spent over 1200 Jewellers trying to get the last socket green. 4 blues in a row on an evasion armour. :argh: In good RNG news my Frostferno didn't poof when I corrupted it, but I only ended up bleaching it. It was the only thing worth more than a Tabula that I've had the balls to corrupt.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I'd like an invite if there is still room. Char name is VodalusTrap, account name is WildNothing.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

When I turned in rings for my Loreweave I used 3 or 4 Call of the Brotherhood, now they are like 30c

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Praxis Prion posted:

How is arc totems versus arc trap?

I started the league with totems but switched to traps, and I liked them quite a bit better. Saboteur is really good and I died way less than I did with totems.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Dahbadu posted:

So... here's probably my hammer. In the reddit thread they're talking about holy relics, but I don't understand the mechanics of how this would be beneficial beyond an Elreon encounter.. Is it regarding some new skill that I'm missing?

quote:

Added a new Intelligence/Strength Skill Gem - Summon Holy Relic: Summon a Holy Relic that stays near you. When you hit an enemy with an attack, the Holy Relic triggers a nova spell, with a very short cooldown, that deals physical damage to enemies and grants life regeneration to allies. This life regeneration is more effective to your minions.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

I think dom blow is a namelock skill so its gonna feel bad without ancestral call. Maybe sub multistrike out for that.

The patch notes does say

quote:

The auto-targeting done by single-target melee attacks such as Heavy Strike or Molten Strike (ie. any attack that requires "namelocking") now targets enemies within a wider area, based on the total range of your attack. The width of this targeting area grows by 1 unit per 3 units of melee range. This should make it much easier to target enemies with these skills.

so maybe it will feel a bit better

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

What's the best non-Arc spell for totems? Glacial Cascade? Freezing Pulse?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Wuxi posted:

DS Champion or Pure Skeleton Necro as a SSF starter?
How would Necro perform as an uber lab farmer? With the new shared minion attack speed for better movement?

I did this Necro build last league and uber lab is a breeze with it.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

So many crashes. I had 0 crashes in Incursion, crashed 6 times so far

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Decided to roll a SRS + Spectre build as my second character and it is ridiculously good. I'm clearing T12 maps as fast as my arc totem build despite being 12 levels lower and only rocking 18/0 gems.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

It is worth 1 divine orb

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

God drat RF feels so good with a horror essence helm.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

BobbyK posted:

What obvious thing am I missing here

Atziri's gives you chaos damage, but Xoph's blood makes it so you can only deal fire damage. So they are basically running an amethyst flask with no mods.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Ya that was me. I'm done with this league so i just dumped a bunch of stuff in the gstash.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Can I get a re-invite or put on the waitlist for the guild? Account name is WildNothing, TraxisRF if you need a character name.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Devor posted:

With traps you right click a pack once and throw out a cluster of Arc Traps that blows up all the packs around it

With mines, you right click a pack once then press another button to detonate them manually that blows up all the pack around it

That's literally twice as many clicks!

So it's not the hugest thing but when I want to zone out I found it frustrating. You'd get used to it in time though.

You can also use a totem to detonate your mines

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Polka_Rapper posted:

Finished editing the colors for my filter and added all the Duke Nukem sounds back in.

Link please

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

West007 posted:

I am using a mana flask but if I get hit while its up it still does not regen any, maybe its a bad flask. ill just get Lavianga's which was around 5c yesterday.

Vaal clarity works too. You don't need to run the aura, just use the vaal skill.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

If you are using a guide do you mind linking it? I can't decide if I want to go Occultist or Trickster...

I basically copied Octavian's Occultist build, and it is awesome. If you can't afford a solstice vigil you will have to drop frostbite and use a witchfire brew (or drop the extra curse cluster on the tree) but otherwise it is cheap and easy to gear.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Today was probably my single most profitable day of PoE ever. I 6 linked my Loreweave, got a decent wrath Watchers Eye, and had a Poet's Pen and Inpulsa drop less than 30 minutes apart.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

So elemental hit is still obscenely good. I breezed through a t12 at level 70 with level 16 gems.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

with or without the combat focus jewels?

With, and avatar of fire.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Null1fy posted:

I want to get better be more efficient at this game. I've spent over 2 to 3 times the amount of time spent as I've seen others play, who've made 2 to 3 times more currency than I have. I've made about a tenth of the currency than those more efficient than me with the same amount of time spent. I've played about 77 hours the last two weeks, and I've only amassed maybe 3 to 4 exalted. I want that number to be ten times that amount.

Here's where I'm at, and how I generally play:

* My profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SkrillaBills/characters (I'm running a level 90 BV chieftain - approx 5.9k life)
* I've got around a 110 atlas completion. Everything is fully complete up to T11 maps, sans some uniques.
* My delve is around depth 60, 700 sulphite cap.
* Most time spent is alching up T9/10/11 maps (around 4-5), running maps back to back, throwing loot into a stash in between map opening). My hideout is set up such that I can access map device, stash and waypoint from stationary.

What my plan is:

* Push hard into delve, where it seems like a lot of profit exists. Push to depth 100, farm out some generator upgrades, there, and hope for good loot along the way.
* Get atlas completion bonus to around T13, work on getting shaped vaults and undecided shaped T10.
* Hope for good rng?

I'm a bit flustered. I know there's better ways to play, because there's clearly people running around with 30ex+ of gear. I feel like I've hit a plateau and am not progressing how I'd like. A good quarter of my income seems to come have come from chaos recipe, which feels pretty balls.

Your goal should be to run as many maps per hour as possible, (and delving, betrayal and incursion stuff). Get a quad tab to dump stuff you pick up in, and don't identify/sort anything until it is full. You are most likely picking up way too many items. If you are using Neversink's filter, you should be using the strict or very strict versions at this point. Most maps I only pick up maps/currency and a handful of rares with good bases. Personally, I don't bother with the chaos recipe at all. Basically you want to minimize the time you are in your stash, pricing stuff, etc and spend as much time killing poo poo as possible, the drops will come eventually.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

You could go Consecrated path. There is a slayer build guide for it here.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Also, don't kill anything unless you absolutely have to, are 3 levels under the area level, or need flask charges. And learn map layouts.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

My arc build is loving great for running maps, but absolutely terrible for red map bosses for some reason. I just spent a ton of my built up currency getting her good gear but my Pathfinder is just all around better right now.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cuzmere/characters

EmmaWattson is the char

Anything I can do? I had thought that the Arc build was good for all content but apparently I'm doing something wrong. I can kill faster with the Pathfinder and do bosses about as well (ie after a few deaths generally).

Self cast Arc is never going to have great single target damage. You can try a gem swap to ball lightning for bosses, or run a 4 link lightning spire trap.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I divined this Loreweave yesterday:

Now I just need a locus of corruption to toss it in.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Zenithe posted:

I had a couple of days before I move to a new job and have no time or internet for awhile, so instead of trying for endgame content I decided to have some fun with the new cast on ignite meme build, and it was cool and good. Watch these two videos if you haven't because they are hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyV0kIp5n4&t=144s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYRHRzhRelQ

Anyway:

Vs an Abyss

Facetanking whatever this boss is called

Deathless Kitava, not dodging abilities.

Delving was the closest I came to breaking the game.

10/10 would play dumb fun builds again.

You should take this build into pubbie farming groups and post the reactions

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Make it so Arc can't chain outside your light radius

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Incorrect, summoners are mega lame, play something with herald of ice

The game needs audio mtx so I can get satisfying shatter sounds on every build.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Ugh, now I have no idea what I'm going to start with.

Storm Burst Trickster

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

ED Trickster looking real good

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

As if the leech changes weren't enough

quote:

Ascendant - Slayer
No longer grants 20% increased Damage while Leeching. Now grants 30% increased area of Effect if you've Killed Recently (up from 20%). Now also grants 50% reduced Maximum Recovery per Life Leech.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Here is a better spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rk8xUgW5ueCPsCC8HSo78wb8N4MXvoVcU2ALnjSTGSY/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

Gonna go ignite elementalist, either fireball or incinerate.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Bluemillion posted:

Anyone got a mirror of the patch notes? The official website is down.

https://pastebin.com/majxNt0s

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Aerox posted:

So what's everyone's vote on the coolest and most broken brand new skill for me to use for a starter build?

We don't have numbers for new skills so it is hard to tell. Soulrend Trickster or Occultist will probably be good, and if it isn't you can switch to essence drain without having to change your tree.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Maybe this is a dumb question but I don't see ice storm in the patch notes? :shobon:

It's in the unique item section

quote:

The Whispering Ice's Icestorm skill now has a 0.75 second cast time and a 6% chance to critically strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Now you can level 9 gems on your weapon swap