Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
they might be talking him up to try and counter the ongoing GetUp campaign against him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Tokamak posted:

I still have no idea what the Liberal Party sees in the potato.

He "unifies" the party and allows them to pivot right to an experienced leader who isn't Tony Abbott.

Are any of those things going to save them in the next election if Labor campaigns smart? No, but the LNP seems content acting like they don't know that.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

People have been talking up his leadership ambitions / potential for a while but I don't see what he has to offer over other people.

Ah I read it as "what do they see in him at all?" He satisfies the right since they've got a conservaboner for law and order poo poo and he's something that a liberal voter would see as representing John Everyman while still being a sack of poo poo heavily ideological neocon fuckhead.

Why PM? The right wing libs are even dumber than the moderate libs and if you drill down into the right libs further I'm sure half of them want actual fascism. He's also all they've got as far as someone with a high profile and gets thrown endless bones because of it.

Who cares though he's going to lose his seat and hopefully have his head crushed by rock wielding Keynesian wizards.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Schlesische posted:

Are any of those things going to save them in the next election if Labor campaigns smart? No, but the LNP seems content acting like they don't know that.

To be fair, Labor hasn't had a remotely competent campaign for a decade now. Luckily, they could run a campaign of musical farts and look good against a Dutton PM.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

MikeJF posted:

To be fair, Labor hasn't had a remotely competent campaign for a decade now. Luckily, they could run a campaign of musical farts and look good against a Dutton PM.

They got a lot of help in it from a truly listless LNP campaign, sure, but the last Labor campaign was surprisingly effective.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-01/martin-place-homeless-tent-city/8764814

quote:

A thriving tent city for the homeless in Sydney's busy Martin Place has turned into a political football for the City of Sydney and State Government, with neither side keen to take responsibility.
The two levels of government are accusing each other of not doing enough to move the group of homeless people and protesters from the front of the Reserve Bank building.
New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian told Parliament her Government had tried to intervene but had been turned away.
"Our staff have been down there 41 times," she said.
"It concerns me that people who are sleeping in tents in Martin Place are refusing to get help, refusing to receive help and I frankly think that is unacceptable."

That's FACS staff, not parliament's staff. Clover Moore says council can't move people on, only the cops can

quote:

The Lord Mayor said the State Government had not provided enough affordable housing and the problem could be solved if vacant homes in the Sirius building were opened up for the campers.
"The Government and the Premier are acting now because it's in their face," she said.
"They have to walk by to go to Parliament. The [Reserve Bank] has to walk by to go into their premises."

https://twitter.com/PruGoward/status/892235708739354624

Twitter access should be restricted

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

I'm so confident that Peter Dutton will not become dictator of Australia that I'll :toxx: on it.

Really hope you're right.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sometimes this thread reminds of a woman I heard call 3AW on the morning of 911 and start bawling "last night my baby boy asked me for we were going to war and I said yes".

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

Sometimes this thread reminds of a woman I heard call 3AW on the morning of 911 and start bawling "last night my baby boy asked me for we were going to war and I said yes".

That's an interesting coincidence because your posting often reminds the thread of talkback radio too,

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I am the voice of a nation.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

I am the voice of aryan nation.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/892346909527949312

The answer is yes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It'll be alright mates we will have labor waste and horseshit :mediocre: policy for eight years or whatever and the beautiful circle of life will be renewed.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Whilst the Scaramucci poo poo in the US set the bar pretty high for ad-hoc Simpsons image macros this is fuckin terrible.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Tasmanian Liberal Eric Abetz says the Turnbull government should pursue a postal plebiscite to resolve the way forward on marriage equality – but he will not agree to be bound by the result, noting that plebiscites by their nature are “non-binding”.

Oh glad we cleared that up

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

cheese-cube posted:

Whilst the Scaramucci poo poo in the US set the bar pretty high for ad-hoc Simpsons image macros this is fuckin terrible.

in keeping with the thread

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Lid posted:

Tasmanian Liberal Eric Abetz says the Turnbull government should pursue a postal plebiscite to resolve the way forward on marriage equality – but he will not agree to be bound by the result, noting that plebiscites by their nature are “non-binding”.

Oh glad we cleared that up

I really wonder why they even try to keep up a thin veneer of of being OK with gays sometimes.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-02/sydney-terror-raids:-man-released-without-charge/8765874

Just one, but...

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Shameful stuff.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The only thing that will make any impact on the inequity in this shithole country is a general strike but everyone has hotted up utes and bbq's on credit and thinks they're rich so lmao.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

JBP posted:

I'm so confident that Peter Dutton will not become dick tater of Australia that I'll :toxx: on it.
ftfy

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
ICAC hands down some Credo stuff tomorrow morning.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

You Am I posted:

Bad thread

agree

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

love it or leave

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Birdstrike posted:

love it or leave

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Fit in or get hatecrimed.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

We post here, you shitpost here

Wait hang on

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
Stop the posts

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Jesus knew that there was a place for shitposting and it's not necessarily everyone's place to shitpost in Australia.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Shitposts happen.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
*nodding*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
*continued nodding*

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Australia was built on shitposting

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011
I believe...

*shitposts*

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

a bad post is a lot like a bad husband or father

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

fr instance, i make bad posts and i would be a terrible husband or father

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

fr instance, i make bad posts and i would be a terrible husband or father

Meanwhile, I excel at all 3.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Poor people don't post anyway, or at least they only shitpost a little bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Friendly reminder from your OP: this thread is not LF...

• Locked thread