Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Punch and Jewelee are the greatest comic books married couple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Still on the outs with no rumor sources but a friend of mine claims that DC has opened negotiations with Marc Silvestri to purchase his Top Cow imprint and all it's characters.

Ah more characters to get shunted off to limbo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

guys i need help with something very important

book ends for my hellboy collection

The first hellboy related issue and the last hellboy related issue?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

X-O posted:

I've not read a single issue of Gwenpool so I have no opinion!

i have many strong opinions about things i have not read, watched, experience, or know anything about!

Gwenpool is good or maybe not. lots of people say either. Very high energy book

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

My household would be buying at least 2 copies of Harry Potter comics. This doesn't include variants. There are folks in my house who are love that property.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

The catch is it needs to be a new JK written story. An adaptation or authorized book will drop in popularity quickly.

Yep. Although the cursed Child was hated in my house. In fact the purists refused to own it! The nutty people.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

I care not for Twitter. Who is a solid follow on Instagram?

It is all bad, friend.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Soonmot posted:

Just in case anyone is linked to the "Disney will stop publishing Marvel Comics" on CBR, it's just a garbage opinion piece with no basis in reality.

Omg Disney is stopping marvel comics??? I'm having a meltdown.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

all my comics are reading comics.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Samuringa posted:

I think I might dip in then. I have Batman & Son on Comixology and the Morrison issues up to Batman #702 but I skipped on Final Crisis - not fond of events. I wasn't aware of Batman Inc. also being in this cronology, I thought it was just some extra thing and was actually going to skip it entirely :v: .

For reference, this is my current plan:

- I ordered a Batman & Robin tpb - it contains B&R(2009) #1-16; Later I'll get one that has B&R(2009) #17-26.
- I suppose at this point I should read The Return, so I'll look into a tpb that has The Return of Bruce Wayne #1-6
- (Batman Inc. is somewhere around here?)
- Another Batman & Robin tpb, this time with B&R(2011) #1-14
- A trade called "Death of the Family" with Batman(2011) #13-17 and Batman & Robin #15-17
- The last trade, Batman & Robin: Requiem with B&R(2011) #18-23

I found two trades containing Batman Inc., one has Batman Inc.(2011) #1-8, Batman Inc.: Leviathan Strike #1-2 and Batman: The Return; The second has Batman Inc.(2012) #0-13 and Batman Inc. Special. I just don't know exactly where these two fit...

This whole thing came out way more messy than I expected but if it all fits together then I'll start looking into it. Thanks for the help.

Skip the prose issue if you haven't read it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A Strange Aeon posted:

Meaning I'd need familiarity with his JLA run? I'm passing familiar with the JLA in general--and I recently bought the three Silver Age trades that are out. Does Morrison have some super unique take on the JLA that I should get myself familiar with before diving in to the 1 Million stuff?

Not really. A lot of his JLA stuff is a rough draft for Final Crisis. it is better than Final Crisis though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

You're in the correct sub forum.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The best arc of UFF is unironically the zombie arc. I feel the book went off the rails around the Inhumans arc then everything done with the FF after wrapping up the book was pretty interesting and good.

Edit: oops I mixed up the Inhumans arc with the Seed19 arc. Which starts with issue #33.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 15, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

@realDonaldTrump tweeted " JJJameson And the FAILING DAILY BUGLE print more fake News about Spider-Man. So sad! "

Posted two weeks after the earlier tweet.

One for every occasion.🤣

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I like comics better when comic book villains aren't murder machines.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

That's why my favorite villains are the working stiffs who treat it like a job, or ones with codes of honor or sympathetic motives: Flash's Rogues (especially Captain Cold), the Suicide Squad, Secret Six, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, etc. And my favorite MCU villains have been Zemo and Vulture, for that reason. The ones who don't want to take over the world or murder everyone in it.

Johns' made the Rogues murder machines. :(

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RandallODim posted:

Shocker will never be a murder machine, and that is why he will always be my favorite villain.

Hell same. I was sad when they didn't make him a hero in thunderbolts. That started out really interesting.

Rhyno posted:

I like comic books better when the heroes don't die for no reason.

But on that note, the return of a dead hero can make for some amazing comics. See: Kone-El Superboy in Legion of Three Worlds.

That mini was the best part of Final Crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

It really was. Also, Blackest Night was lame overall but man if I didn't get the misty eyes when Hawkgirl took off her mask and it was Shayera.

YES I'M THE ONLY HAWK-PERSONS FAN IN BSS

Blackest night would have benefited from the current DC event model. Just crossing over with the space books being our red at that time.

I also like the hawk people.

• Locked thread