Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Madkal posted:

Sometimes I just don't get this whole "internet" thing, but I guess this story had a happy ending. It also affirms that some fans are just the worst. Seriously, who would get pissed off with a bunch of awesome comic book gals enjoying some milkshakes?

I walked into the shop today to hear our resident ultra conservative customer complaining about this, and after I grabbed my books, he's complaining about gays in Star Trek. The guy behind the counter is an expert at tuning people out, but I was already feeling irritable, so I just sort of went off about how I go to the comic store to get away from hateful bullshit, and to save his opinions for the other losers on twitter.

He didn't say anything back, and left shortly after, but I felt bad for swearing with a kid in the shop. I had to explain everything to my buddy because he had no clue about any of this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

joehonkie posted:

People complaining about progressive social stuff in Star Trek is kind of baffling to me. Did they even watch Star Trek? I mean it was about that from day 1.

Yeah, it's really stupid. I just regret letting it get me riled like that.

August is a good month. My birthday is this month, and there's going to be some awesome comics. Rhyno will back me up when I say that Mister Miracle is going to be a hit.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Ferrule posted:

Didn't know this. Who's on the book?

Tom King and his artist from Sheriff of Babylon. This could easily be better than the Vision. Not that Vision had bad art, but the page layouts are on a whole other level.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Looking forward to a new av when people get ahold of the book.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Gotta wait for a non-watermarked copy right?

Well, yeah. Beautiful book even with the store number on every inch of it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I wonder how many copies of Love Is Love were sold just for that Jim Lee Harry Potter page?

Humberto Ramos did a good looking Harry Potter piece for a Wizard April Fools joke. Same year Geoff Johns did an interview saying he was adapting The Goonies. They got me good that year.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

"minor water spotting or residue (less than the size of a dime)", WTF?

Anyway, thanks, I just ordered the 12 issues, looking forward to reading them!

On an unrelated note, is Morrison's DC 1 Million worth reading? I think I basically half-like Morrison, but there's a site selling the Omnibus for $30, which seems like a good deal...though god only knows when I'll find time to read 1000+ pages.

It's easily worth $30. The main story alone is worth that. Then you get a whole lot of bonus insanity that is, at the very least, crazy enough to be worth reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The latest issue of Batman got me on board with King's murder machine Joker.

• Locked thread