Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Madkal posted:

Sometimes I just don't get this whole "internet" thing, but I guess this story had a happy ending. It also affirms that some fans are just the worst. Seriously, who would get pissed off with a bunch of awesome comic book gals enjoying some milkshakes?

Absurd reasons I've seen this get hate that aren't JUST the usual 'bawww sjws are ruining my comics'

"Gwenpool sucks and I don't like it so she deserved to get harassed"
"She works for a company that promotes nazis she deserves whatever's coming to her"
"This is all a conspiracy to try and show Marvel has editors anyway when we all know they really don't"

Lots of people online are assholes, idiots, and often both overlap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

gwenpool fuckin rules and anyone who says that should get slapped

Agreed wholeheartedly.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

I won a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles beach towel from a comic book shop raffle last weekend and went to pick it up yesterday.

While there, I looked through the free poster box and found one advertising a 12-issue miniseries from 2000 set in the Silver Age--I'd like to track these all down, but I'm not sure the best way. Searching eBay for DC Silver Age does not return what I want--and as far as I know, there was no trade collecting the story.

Would I really need to search for each issue by its title, or is there some common name for this series I'm missing that I could use to track it down? I almost never buy single issues, so I'm a bit flummoxed.

I guess, also, is it worth tracking down? The covers look really fun and I like the idea--so even if it's just decent, I think it would still appeal to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Age_(DC_Comics)
Do you mean this? I've heard of it, dunno if it's good or not.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Here's the September discussion thread.

• Locked thread