Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Didn't Janet marry Hank Pym when he was mentally unstable and violent and having multiple personality disorder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I walked into the shop today to hear our resident ultra conservative customer complaining about this, and after I grabbed my books, he's complaining about gays in Star Trek. The guy behind the counter is an expert at tuning people out, but I was already feeling irritable, so I just sort of went off about how I go to the comic store to get away from hateful bullshit, and to save his opinions for the other losers on twitter.

He didn't say anything back, and left shortly after, but I felt bad for swearing with a kid in the shop. I had to explain everything to my buddy because he had no clue about any of this stuff.

People complaining about progressive social stuff in Star Trek is kind of baffling to me. Did they even watch Star Trek? I mean it was about that from day 1.

MLK asked Nichelle Nichols not to quit the show because she was such a role model for Black women. It's been the show for that poo poo from the get-go:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ay-on-the-show/

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

Ditko isn't an MRA. He's an objectivist.

I always love that he so die-hard about his philosophy that he won't actually give away his political manifesto work for free. "You're interested in my political views? I'd be happy to share them with you for $5" just doesn't seem like the best way to get the word out.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Getting rid of comics is hard. So many things I feel are great stories that I will probably never ever read again but, but...(no seriously I will probably never read this again)

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I don't like Gwenpool at all and anyone who says that should get slapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Madkal posted:

Comics taught me about punching Nazis. They have definitely been a positive influence.

Good stuff from the 60s.

• Locked thread