Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

that's why they have the wwe films division for this exact sort of scenario

Yeah but at least WWE also has money in the projects there. loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Vince didn't have any money in The Scorpion King or the Rundown.

We've heard so many stories from guys who leave WWE and say it was so hard to take outside projects, let's not pretend TNA is any shittier here.

Did Vince try to get money from those? That's a sincere question.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EugeneJ posted:

He was fired in 2010 for cost-cutting reasons and only brought back a few months ago

HEEEEWWWWWW hewwwww!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Johnny is totally winning the title next week, LMAO.

Read the spoilers and LMAOOOO.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 18, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wrong thread again gently caress

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In this case I actually feel like Low Ki has a point to be honest.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm still betting he told Rosemary to work everyone, including the other GFW talent, about the Sexy Star armbar.

Except for the part where you can see her arm twist in a legit gross way...?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Holy gently caress I called it

I needed this laugh. Holy poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This makes my night.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

He teased a feud with Magnus at an indy taping this weekend

And we think the Roman push is sad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

seriously what the gently caress is that section B :stare:

I thought you guys were kidding but God drat.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm pretty bad at conceptualizing stuff that floor layout so I fully expected to have no idea what you all were going nuts over.
Then I saw the floor layout and holy poo poo even I understood.

Hahaha same. Seriously. :stare:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wait is this still that left over footage from the GFW show I thought they went through that already

It is. They haven't. That's why it's funny.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not necessarily gonna criticize TNA too much for Early AJ but Late TNA AJ absolutely should've been the ace of the company and they just let him walk.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What the HELL even is this company

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I thought the "Global Championship" was the MMA one?

That's the Grand Championship (lmao).

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jeff Hrdy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

AFAIK the "prizes" were Knockouts title, a match of your choosing, Tara's spider, and striptease.

This is correct.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sky Shadowing posted:

To be fair to Twitch that's probably so if a streamer decides to go on a racist rant or something they can just cut them free with no legal issues whatsoever.

Yeah from what I can gather Twitch gives a lot more leeway than YouTube at this point.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

Nakamura broke his face with a kick in NXT.

That's not the only reason he looks like poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, I get that they are important and heavily involved but at the same time I feel like someone had to be like "yo please don't wear nazi poo poo on camera for our struggling company"

Then again Vince dropped an N-bomb in the mid aughts so who knows

Even the Vince n-bomb, horrid as it was, was played for a laugh in terms of being acknowledged as being wildly inappropriate. This is just a dude straight up announcing himself as a Nazi out of character for no reason. Just, yep, he's a Nazi.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

I would not be terribly upset if people stopped booking Sami Callihan

Same. I liked what I saw of him in LU but Jesus Christ.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Impact had a segment tonight where Alberto menacingly ate a piece of steak in front of a nonplussed Austin Aries while they both said "Mmm" for an uncomfortable period of time and eventually I broke and started crying with laughter.

Oh and Aries was eating a banana.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WHY IS THIS SO FUNNY TO ME

I seriously think I'm going nuts. Them just eating and staring at each other... loving hell.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

like I remember on that interview Russo almost managed to convince me putting the belt on Tank Abbott wasn't that bad of an idea

Also anytime he was on NewLegacy he ruled.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeathChicken posted:

"So Bray Wyatt is in the ring. DEAD! Lights go out. Lights come back on. Bray is still in the ring."

"He Sister Abigail's the chicken neck..."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Uh in all seriousness the fact that one of them has a biracial family and an adopted daughter from the Philippines really confuses me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

It's the same thing as the "but I have black friends so I can't be racist" defense. All it means is they think they've found one of the good ones so clearly they can't be labeled as negatively as all the other racists/nazis

Notice how Russo got involved with the company too, despite all the previous abhorrent poo poo he said about Mexican wrestling. His opinion on it hasn't changed, he just found a way to be paid by one of those companies so clearly this one in particular is good in his opinion which makes it okay, see he's not really that bad now right guys

I feel like raising a family is a little more intense than a dude you just have beers with is all I'm saying.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Noted virulent racist and Proud Boys founder Gavin MacInnes has an Asian wife and child as well while branding himself a "western (white) chauvinist". It's kind of a thing with Nazis to see oneself above your spouse, I guess.

Well I'll be damned! Listen, I'm not buying it's a gimmick, I was just saying that detail threw me for a loop.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I need video of this.

Reading that thread made me sad about how much more active this place used to be. :(

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 27, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo I checked through my old gifs and I giffed it when it happened, ahaha

Lookit dat 4:3 aspect ratio

I just have to say i'm so glad you're still around and have literally never changed, J-Ru. You're good people. :)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

God bless you. Also I thought there was no way it was how J-Ru described but it absolutely is. I'm dying.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As someone who watches TNA more regularly than he'd like to admit, it's really not. They basically have Josh Mathews doing a low-rent Heel Cole gimmick while also being "spiritual advisor" to Matt Sydal, and Jimmy Jacobs managing (good!) Kongo Kong (:geno:)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You guys, ADR was busy busting for autism, jeez.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don Callis looks like Adult Butthead after gastric bypass.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys. I just remembered this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZNHPj4LUec

PRRRT BRR DRRR DRRR DRRR DRRRRT

ROB VAN DAM

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Relative "get" for IMPACT at this stage of the game

https://twitter.com/joeshendry/status/1000076821780746247

I loving love Joe Hendry but I really feel like there's no way you'll get the full effect on anything other than the indies. I know that says he's bringing the custom entrances but that doesn't really work unless it's an actual parody of something, and I don't see Impact doing that.

I also don't get Indy darlings signing with Impact in 2018, but hey. Good luck to him.

Oh and if Impact doesn't immediately make him a top face they're loving clueless. I have literally no idea why WCPW/Defiant ever turned him heel (and that carried over to ICW apparently?) The dude's skillset is just so much better suited to being a face. I'm not saying he's a bad heel but by turning him you neuter the musical stuff, which is both fantastic and sets him apart.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 26, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Non-exclusive pay per appearance deals is what they offer these days.

WWE, WWN and MLW seem to be no goes I think. Maybe ROH too but Austin Aries seemingly said gently caress it and went anyway.

Oh drat, guess that'll work for Joe then.

I still maintain they should make him top face (I'm assuming Penta won't stick around).

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

I had no idea who Joe Hendry was so I dug up a WCPW title match against Jack Swagger.

It was not good. Plodding 2010 era WWE style match that never really got out of 1st gear and other than some desperate submission escapes, no real drama.

Joe won with what the announcers optimistically called a double Hendry Lock. It looked like a really lovely boston crab. Swagger tapped from embarrassment.

That's the worst Hendry work I've ever seen. He's usually significantly better. He's NOT great in ring but he's at least okay, has a great look, and is charismatic as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh and btw the deal with the Hendry Lock is he stole it from Kurt after they feuded (Hendry ultimately went over IIRC but lost the first encounter which led to the heel turn.. I think?) so it's just a renamed ankle lock but for some loving reason he decided to do a double ankle lock to finish Swagger which is a dumb idea that was never going to look good.

Joe is also only 30 (gently caress, he's younger than me aaaa [albeit only by 6 months or so]) so he definitely is like, just entering his prime and AFAIK he got a lot better in ring the past couple years to the point that he was completely viable as a top indy guy all factors considered, no matter how low level the indy, and he continues to get booked by higher level promotions as well. He challenged for the ROH TV Title last week according to Wikipedia! Though I probably shouldn't speak with too much authority as I haven't seen him wrestle a ton.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 31, 2018