EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Midway really should've made a sequel to NARC.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Secular Humanist posted:

yes its very important that they are WHITE.

they are terrible people, and they are also WHITE people, so i think as i have clearly demonstrated my racism is super duper justified

i wonder if any racists in history have ever felt morally justified in their dumb lovely racism?

You're literally retarded.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
If they actually jail him, he probably won't survive 6 months

Well, the guy is 85 so he probably won't survive 6 months even if he doesn't get shanked

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Arizona is a mess

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Secular Humanist posted:

yes its very important that they are WHITE.

they are terrible people, and they are also WHITE people, so i think as i have clearly demonstrated my racism is super duper justified

i wonder if any racists in history have ever felt morally justified in their dumb lovely racism?

lol you dont realize how stupid you are

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's racism to notice that white the white people in AZ are using the power of government to keep the brown people in line. Thanks Secular Humanist.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Joe is an elected official. the people who put him there will just elect someone else to do his job they way they want it done

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Joe is an elected official. the people who put him there will just elect someone else to do his job they way they want it done

That shithead was already voted out so hopefully things are already better.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The Biscuit posted:

Out of interest has the new sheriff cleaned house?

Yeah for the most part. Tent city is in the process of being dismantled, it might be closed already.

Even Arpaio's deputies loving hated him, they sent out this letter in September

quote:

From: itstimetogo@mac.hush.com
Date: September 8, 2016 at 11:36:31 AM MST
To: j_sheridan@mcso.maricopa.gov, a_lake@mcso.maricopa.gov, m_vendredi@mcso.maricopa.gov
Subject: OPEN LETTER TO SHERIFF ARPAIO FROM MCSO EMPLOYEES

Sheriff Arpaio, even with the presence of court-appointed monitors and a federal court order, we are forced to write this letter anonymously due to the retaliation that occurs under your reign of terror, as we are forbidden to express our opinions. Not only have you brought wrath the community you are sworn to protect, you have also brought wrath upon your employees. This letter has been written by your employees' and shall serve as the voice of the vast majority of your 3000+ employees: detention officers, deputies, and civilians.

Because of your shameful practices, the citizens of Maricopa County, those whom we are entrusted to serve and protect both on the street and in the jails, believe we are corrupt and unprofessional. We believe it is important that they not confuse you, with us. Those terms only apply to you. You will do anything and everything for media recognition and political gain, no matter the impact it has on the community or your employees.

Our jail facilities are dangerously understaffed, running continual overtime to keep the inmates and officers safe. There is a solution to this, but you refuse to do it. Our deputies are tired of being called racists because of the decisions you have made. Sergeants are chained to chairs, unable to help their people because of the court orders imposed on MCSO, again because you chose politics over policing. You blame the court and the monitors, but we blame you for thumbing your nose at the court, thus saddling the taxpayers with this tremendous expense for years to come. The irony, as several years ago you rolled out your "Integrity, Accountability, Community" initiative. Those words do not apply to you, Sheriff.

Your recent decision to keep the nearly empty Tent City Jail open for your continued political gain sacrifices desperately needed detention officer positions in other areas and is unsafe. There is plenty of bed space to move those inmates and officers inside, which would increase staffing in our jails. You have suddenly become a voice for jailed veterans when the truth is that you see this as a way to garner more votes. A well-devised plan, but devised for the wrong reasons. You spent money to put flags on inmate uniforms for no reason other than personal media attention. You have to come up with taxpayer money to pay the fees for the racial profiling lawsuit that you lost. Safety is not your priority, politics and name recognition are, as evidenced by your name being on every vehicle or document within our organization. What a ridiculous expense to the taxpayers. There is more to your lack of leadership: According to the news, Executive Chief Mike Olson is on admin leave with pay for not coming to work. He has a very large annual salary and has been absent for years.

As reported on the news and in a recent mandatory internal training document, you have now lost control of your Professional Standards Bureau because you and select members of this organization lack integrity. Within that recent internal training document, we note the following:

"The court found that the Defendants failures were in bad faith." "The court also found that MCSO knowingly attempted to deceive the Monitor Team at the July 20, 2015 meeting." "The Court found that MCSO's Seattle Investigation involving Mr. Montgomery demonstrates Sheriff Arpaio's many intentional misstatements under oath and his attitude of hostility toward the Court's orders." "The Court also found that Chief Deputy Sheridan also knowingly made misstatements of fact under oath about the Montgomery Investigation." "MCSO failed to conduct adequate internal investigations." "The mishandling of investigations by Chief Deputy Sheridan and/or Chief Olson..." This list goes on and on.

Sheriff, the key words here are "bad faith, knowingly, and intentionally." You claim to the media that there is a conspiracy against you, but this fact is quite clear: the only conspiracies around here are the ones you continue to propagate. It has become complete bedlam with all the infighting amongst your senior aides. Paranoia, distrust, and disrespect run rampant. You've lost control of our organization, Sheriff, and you've long lost the respect of "your" employees. We find you unfit to lead this organization, as you and your Chief Deputy have admitted to civil contempt charges and are now facing possible criminal charges. You continue to openly state "I support my Chief Deputy." Oddly enough, you supported your former Chief Deputy, as well. He was fired for lying, but only after an investigation by another agency after the information became public. We see a trend here.

It is well documented that some years ago you siphoned nearly $90 million from the voter-approved Detention Fund for use in other components of MCSO, which you were forced to pay back. You failed to investigate hundreds of sex crimes; instead choosing to assemble raid teams to arrest mom and pop "illegals" who were working menial jobs. You left victims of the worst types of crimes all alone, while instead focusing on detaining legal members of our community who did not deserve to be victimized by you. You violated their rights. You champion yourself as a national voice on illegal immigration, but we know the truth: it is all about personal media attention. You may fool the public but you cannot fool us. We are against illegal immigration, but we believe in only enforcing the law within the proper scope of our authority. It is unfortunate you do not share the same sentiments.

You've investigated anyone who disagrees with you, including Maricopa County board members and their staff, Superior Court judges and their staff, and other government officials and their staff. The cost of these investigations, subsequent lawsuits, and their settlements have cost taxpayers untold millions. The total cost to taxpayers for all of the things you have done is hard to estimate, but many place that cost close to $200 million dollars, just over the last 10-15 years. That toll continues to rise every day. If that isn't enough, you are still "investigating" a Presidential birth certificate, and you continue to brag about it.

Once this letter gets out, you may hold a press conference and force your commanders to stand behind you on stage to make it look like they support you, but if they have any honor or personal integrity, they will speak their minds for the citizens of Maricopa County, and the employees who work tirelessly to do the right thing. Don't worry Sheriff; we will keep doing our jobs even though you can't do yours because we are the true public servants. We care about the communities we serve and the job that is entrusted unto us. You only care about yourself. We ask that you stop referring to us as "your deputies and detention officers." We don't work for you, we work for the people.

It is time for you to go, and for all the reasons stated above, we give you an eternal vote of NO CONFIDENCE. You can tell your chiefs to stand down. We will not do anything to hurt the public trust and safety; we will not strike, we will not walk out. We are better than you.

Sincerely,

The MCSO Employees who do the right thing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope he gets facefucked lol

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Yeah for the most part. Tent city is in the process of being dismantled, it might be closed already.

Even Arpaio's deputies loving hated him, they sent out this letter in September

Holy crap that letter is amazing lol

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Holy crap that letter is amazing lol

It's really good.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Yeah for the most part. Tent city is in the process of being dismantled, it might be closed already.

Even Arpaio's deputies loving hated him, they sent out this letter in September

thanks. thats quite a letter

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 1, 2017

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

...and the pitch! posted:

It's really good.

For once we agree on something, I think this is a special and magical moment

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CharlestonJew posted:

i cannot wait for this old gently caress to die

yeah seriously I'm usually against wishing death on people but Arpaio is an exception

quote:

That Letter

:stare:

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 1, 2017

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
I'll never understand men like Joe Arpaio or Charles Askins.

Just seems like they got a big hangup from something that happened early in life. Didn't anyone ever just ask Joe to shut up and collect his drat pension? Maybe take up golf or talk to someone about his problems?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the worst part is when this hateful gently caress dies everyone on the news will have to pretend he was a great man and anyone who says differently will be shouted down "how dare you have you no respect too sooooooooon"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Telephones posted:

Lock him up, throw away the key, forget about the key, forget about him. And he rots rots rots.

There should be a tent somewhere in this process.
He should receive the punishments his deputies delivered.

He should go in the hot box until his skin falls off, because according to his deputies that is an acceptable punishment for a woman accused of prostitution.

Accused. Not convicted. Because she died before going to court.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Yeah for the most part. Tent city is in the process of being dismantled, it might be closed already.

Even Arpaio's deputies loving hated him, they sent out this letter in September

but enough about Donald Trump

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:munch:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Secular Humanist posted:

probably yeah im sure he found the tent cities very impressive

The odds that Trump even knows/remembers what that is are minimal

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

CharlestonJew posted:

the worst part is when this hateful gently caress dies everyone on the news will have to pretend he was a great man and anyone who says differently will be shouted down "how dare you have you no respect too sooooooooon"

There will be so many people urinating on his headstone, moss will never gain purchase on that stele, nay, his headstone will gleam with the piss of a thousand illegal immigrants

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I would pay $100 to slap this fat gently caress in the face before he dies though

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Harakiri Potter posted:

I'll never understand men like Joe Arpaio or Charles Askins.

Just seems like they got a big hangup from something that happened early in life. Didn't anyone ever just ask Joe to shut up and collect his drat pension? Maybe take up golf or talk to someone about his problems?

Fame went to his head. When he first ran for office he said he would only serve one term, but then he was sheriff of a county with over a million people and was on the news all the time and he loved it. And the voters loved him even after it was obvious he was wasting money chasing non-violent offenders while not arresting violent offenders.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Old people are garbage

I'm checking out at 79, got it planned out and everything

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Harakiri Potter posted:

There will be so many people urinating on his headstone, moss will never gain purchase on that stele, nay, his headstone will gleam with the piss of a thousand illegal immigrants
Plenty of US Citizens who think Arpaio was a waste of oxygen will gladly cross the streams.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/a-look-back-at-guilty-sheriff-joe-arpaios-career-9548595

quote:

Despite Arpaio's media-hungry nature, Arpaio targeted the New Times' co-founders, Michael Lacey and Jim Larkin. The journalists were jailed in 2007 on charges, which turned out not to be true, that they had violated the secrecy of a grand jury. Lacey and Larkin later were awarded a $3.75 million settlement.

Also, while trying to find the case where Maricopa County Deputies (all under Arpaio) restrained a pregnant lady while she was having a miscarriage and then charged the EMS driver with murder of the stillborn when in actuality the deputies didn't bother calling EMS until the mother was turning blue...

I FOUND A DIFFERENT CASE OF MARICOPA COUNTY DEPUTIES HORRIBLE TREATMENT OF A PREGNANT WOMAN

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2016/11/21/lawsuit-settled-arpaio-restraining-pregnant-inmate/94229502/

quote:

PHOENIX - Maricopa County has agreed to pay $200,000 to settle a lawsuit by a former inmate in one of Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s jails who claimed her rights were violated in 2009 when officers restrained her before and after she gave birth to her son at a hospital.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

God bless the New Times, that wonderful little rag has been a thorn in Arpaio's side since the beginning. Their coverage of his bullshit has always been superb.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

gosh if he goes to prison i hope it doesn't make him racist!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
MAKE HIM WEAR THE UNDERWEAR. DOOO IIIIT

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
They're not going to actually send him to prison. He'll get a slap on the wrist, retire and live to be a hundred, after which he'll be eulogized in every media outlet.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Heroes never die

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
He couldn't even keep recidivist H.I. McDunnough behind bars.

gleebster fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 2, 2017

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

He's going to get probation and a fine. Anyone who thinks he's going to be thrown in jail doesn't really know the criminal justice system

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Arizona is itself a prison for all who dwell within

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Zorodius posted:

Arizona is itself a prison for all who dwell within

It's cool.

I like the Superstition mountains. They look pretty funky.,

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

why do people post these weak rear end owns and think they're clever

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

your friend a dog posted:

why do people post these weak rear end owns and think they're clever

It's a pretty good own I mean where the hell else are you gonna use it

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
there is 0% chances he's going to jail on a charge that only has a 6 month maximum OP, sorry. That's like pulling somebody over for going 20 mph over the speed limit and sending them to jail for 24 months (a typical maximum).

I understand the charges are of a very different nature however throw in these things

- He was a hated Sheriff, prison wont be kind to him. If the charges were far more serious then he might go in but for criminal contempt? No they arent giving him a death sentence over that
- He's 85 years old. I'm sure you can find some serial rapist 85 year old who got thrown in jail but in general that isn't going to happen on that alone.

And theres your answer. The worst thing that will happen is being sentenced a suspended 6 month sentence. That puts jail time on his record, but he isn't going to jail as long as he isn't found smoking crack over a dead illegal's body.

Just be pleased that the judicial system bit back, thats cool enough for me.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
MAKE HIM WEAR THE GODDAMNED UNDERWEAR!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Secular Humanist posted:

lol why is it important to note that they are white you god drat literal racist

Why didn't you have a problem with him using the term "old" you loving piece of poo poo ageist.

  • Locked thread