Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
this reminds me of a retarded conversation that came up while my hyper-christian, right wing as gently caress brother and his wife were in town. they were ranting about welfare recipients and no good state/federal employees. my mother pointed out that both my brother and his wife work for defense contractors, our oldest brother is a DoD contractor, my father draws social security/medicare and she is a public school teacher. the only person at the table who wasnt financially reliant on the government was in fact me, the left-wing crazy who wants universal health care. they atleast shut up about it all for the remainder of the visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well, technically there's a lot of "sheepdog" breeds. Herding dogs in general, like whippets and aussie cattle dogs and a bunch of shepherds. Border collies are just the most commonly associated. I hear people call Frank a sheepdog all the time at the dog park, but it's not worth correcting.

Why they went with "sheepdog" instead of "shepherd", who the gently caress knows.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
You've gotta be fuckin

Manafort Notes From Russian Meet Contain Cryptic Reference to 'Donations'

An actual, literal magic word sitting in Manafort's notes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Well, technically there's a lot of "sheepdog" breeds. Herding dogs in general, like whippets and aussie cattle dogs and a bunch of shepherds. Border collies are just the most commonly associated. I hear people call Frank a sheepdog all the time at the dog park, but it's not worth correcting.

Why they went with "sheepdog" instead of "shepherd", who the gently caress knows.

Corgis are frequently used for herding too. Therefore, the cops need more midget officers.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I have a sheep dog and she likes pettes and cuddles and playing fetch and not shooting minorities.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

You've gotta be fuckin

:lol:

Oh man, I really hope that pwnallthethings tweet is true.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wish we made police/mwd harnesses for smaller dogs. The smallest dog you're fitting in one of our harnesses is a young german or malinois.

I would love a corgi police dog walking in here for a fitting.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

facialimpediment posted:

You've gotta be fuckin

There could be a video of Putin yelling "I AM GIVING YOU ILLEGAL CAMPAIGN DONATIONS WHILE DIRECTING MY HACKERS TO ENSURE YOU WIN THE ELECTION" while shoving money into Trump's pockets as Trump drowns infants in a sink and still nothing will happen.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

As a civilian I want to... thank everyone for their service haha

Bless your heart.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

BigDave posted:

Why was 'sheepdog' even a thing? A border collie is your mascot for being a ubermensch and shooting indiscriminately?

Have they even seen a border collie?

SHEEPDAWGS BRAVO ZULU OOAH!!

https://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/articles/1709289-Book-Excerpt-On-Sheep-Wolves-and-Sheepdogs/

don't read unless you want to vomit

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

BigDave posted:

Why was 'sheepdog' even a thing? A border collie is your mascot for being a ubermensch and shooting indiscriminately?

Kind of fits; if the dog thread is any indication there's no shortage of people here who would shoot someone to get a chance to pet that dog. :3:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

I wish we made police/mwd harnesses for smaller dogs. The smallest dog you're fitting in one of our harnesses is a young german or malinois.

I would love a corgi police dog walking in here for a fitting.

They would need to rework the naming conventions for police corgis. Instead of Hunter or Trigger, corgis need names like Sgt Fluffyfeet or Officer Fuzzbutt.

If nothing else, it would make court transcripts impossible to take seriously.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

There are some big dogs bred to protect sheep from wolves and poo poo.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
If cops walked around with dogs whose sole responsibility is to encourage people to come pet them in order to increase positive interaction between the police and local populace, I'd be all for it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

BigDave posted:

They would need to rework the naming conventions for police corgis. Instead of Hunter or Trigger, corgis need names like Sgt Fluffyfeet or Officer Fuzzbutt.

If nothing else, it would make court transcripts impossible to take seriously.

Lt. Flufferson, I ask the question: Are you a good boy? I repeat, are you a good boy? Need I remind you, you are under oath.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

You've gotta be fuckin

eh, I mean I could put the words 'my dick' next to 'Jennifer Lawrence' on paper but it doesn't mean or imply poo poo in a way that matters.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

BigDave posted:

gently caress you buddy, I got a border collie and she's awesome

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

You've gotta be fuckin

Why bother being competent when there's no consequences for incompetent corruption?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Its idiots from TFR who are posting here because they don't have a politics thread anymore.

Yeah TFR's mod went all Tina Fey and "pretend it's not a big deal because I can't be hosed because pro-nazi people called me a SJW after I probated them once" so welp, here we are.

Of course the previous mod didn't do poo poo about it years ago so it's really loving festered.

BigDave posted:

God I wanna pet that dog

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Lt. Flufferson, I ask the question: Are you a good boy? I repeat, are you a good boy? Need I remind you, you are under oath.

"Let the record show the witness is wiggling his butt and is a good boy."

"So noted."

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Capn Beeb posted:

God I wanna pet that dog

I intentionally picked the derpiest looking picture I could find. Border Collies can look quite menacing.

#TheThinBlueLine

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Concrete immigration news on DACA. Looks like Trump has settled on a halfway measure that's a perfect blend of lovely, dumb, and kicking the can down the road.

https://twitter.com/johnrobertsFox/status/903316369177022469

https://twitter.com/johnrobertsFox/status/903316566544191488

So dreamers get a temporary reprieve, hoping for a congressional fix in the two year period, then they're hosed when Congress does nothing. :toot:

Caveat: the White House's mind still isn't really made up on this stuff

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
If you're lonely and looking for a Dreamer spouse, go hog wild.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I got a sheepdog hard at work here.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

If you're lonely and looking for a Dreamer spouse, go hog wild.
Or wild for hogs.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I got a sheepdog hard at work here.

Look at this freeloading sausage.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Its idiots from TFR who are posting here because they don't have a politics thread anymore.

I've lurked, and posted in this forum since it existed. Is this some backhanded way of suggesting I'm PCOS Bill? If so, gently caress you.

Racist assholes have been around longer than you or I have been alive. It turns out you aren't going to beat them all into your line of thinking. It turns out you aren't going to find each, and every one and put a bullet in them. So while the internet tough guy poo poo is pretty cool and all. Maybe there are more productive ways to go about this.*

*This may still put you in a position to punch people, who knows!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
You have loving awful grammar, also you're a dweeb. Namaste.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ElMaligno posted:

Look at this freeloading sausage.

I've been telling him to get a job. Freeloading bum.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I can smell cheetos from here.

Wanna rub that belly.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I'm a Jew, so don't look for me to probate anyone advocating violence against Nazi's. I'm just not gonna do it. That said- the goddamn discussion is over.

I'M HANDING OUT ONE WEEK PROBATIONS FROM THIS POST ON FOR ANYONE DREDGING THE NAZI/ANTIFA poo poo UP

Return to normal CE posting.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I'M HANDING OUT ONE WEEK PROBATIONS FROM THIS POST ON FOR ANYONE DREDGING THE NAZI/ANTIFA poo poo UP

sounds like the kinda poo poo a nazi antifa would do

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've been telling him to get a job. Freeloading bum.

The only downside, beside being away from my husband, of traveling to the client side for work is being away from our pupper and unlimited pets during the day.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I'm a Jew, so don't look for me to probate anyone advocating violence against Nazi's. I'm just not gonna do it. That said- the goddamn discussion is over.

Return to normal CE posting.

Just clarifying, not trying to be a dick this time:

Does this get rescinded if there's another Charlottesville-type event? Or should we make a different thread?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
In light of the above warning, I will post this video on two grounds:

1. It's fairly recently released (28th)

2. It's possible to watch a thing on your own without making GBS threads up the thread with discussion of nazis/antifa. If you have a lot of opinions about this thing, please tell your pet(s) or go inform a drive-thru window worker.

Bonus item: Yes, the narrator/"journalist" sounds real annoying, so noted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEpDiM0M610

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Professor Bling posted:

Just clarifying, not trying to be a dick this time:

Does this get rescinded if there's another Charlottesville-type event? Or should we make a different thread?

If another Charlottesville happens feel free to discuss that current event. Don't let it devolve to the bullshit above, however. Feel me?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/TMJ4Steve/status/903351964104314881

I wonder if there's a story about to be published, or if he's getting that job in the Trump admin

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Missionary Positron posted:

https://twitter.com/TMJ4Steve/status/903351964104314881

I wonder if there's a story about to be published, or if he's getting that job in the Trump admin

Maybe he's just makin' a bunch off that book.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
He is currently under investigation for plagiarism for his thesis.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/article/2017/may/30/did-sheriff-david-clarke-commit-plagiarism/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Homeland security iirc, if he got/takes the job

• Locked thread