Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
President can't pardon state level convictions from what I've read. Does it even apply to Sheriff Shitfucker? Not that Donnie Dipshit won't do it anyway if Fox & Friends run a piece on it, but if it's state level wouldn't that just be more people standing around awkwardly staring at their shoes unable to carry out the diaper baby edict of the day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A pardon carries with it a tacit admission of guilt and you lose all 5th amendment rights associated with the underlying crime.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

bird food bathtub posted:

President can't pardon state level convictions from what I've read. Does it even apply to Sheriff Shitfucker? Not that Donnie Dipshit won't do it anyway if Fox & Friends run a piece on it, but if it's state level wouldn't that just be more people standing around awkwardly staring at their shoes unable to carry out the diaper baby edict of the day?
Joe Arpaio's case is federal, so Donnie could pardon him.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Donnie
Just dissed a man
Shat a tweet out of my head
Added @ made sure he read

Donnie
My job had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He'll just pardon him over twitter bing bang bong so simple.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Gobbeldygook posted:

Joe Arpaio's case is federal, so Donnie could pardon him.

Well keep an eye on F&F morning shows I guess. That'll be a wild ride. Once he gets his greasy orange paws on pardoning I think he's gonna go hog wild.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

TBeats posted:

He'll just pardon him over twitter bing bang bong so simple.

Nobody knew that pardons would be so difficult.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

bird food bathtub posted:

Well keep an eye on F&F morning shows I guess. That'll be a wild ride. Once he gets his greasy orange paws on pardoning I think he's gonna go hog wild.

I think this is true, but if his lawyers are worth a handful of pennies then they'll be screaming at him gently caress NO because

Mr. Nice! posted:

A pardon carries with it a tacit admission of guilt and you lose all 5th amendment rights associated with the underlying crime.

which means you have to roll or get hosed up for other things.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/892443361482743808

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/dog_feelings/status/892071773138714624

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here's a really wacky thing.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/01/trump-wall-street-journal-interview-full-transcript-241214

The Trump-friendly Wall Street Journal had a sit-down with Donnie about a week ago. They published highlights and a recap of the interview.

..... they never posted the full transcript. There was a reason, as Donnie was basically left to ramble on and on with zero question or pushback on anything. It was bonkers as usual.

So that interview transcript was sent around the WSJ newsroom, but still never was published. Evidentally, someone at WSJ had enough, leaked the full transcript to Politico, and published it. Politico scooped WSJ on the transcript of the WSJ's own interview.

Golden age of journalism in progress.

Edit: AHAHAHAHAHAH https://twitter.com/adamcancryn/status/892480053040336896

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 1, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I want to achieve growth. We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world, essentially, you know, of the size. But we’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. We have – nobody knows what the number is. I mean, it used to be, when we talked during the debate, 2 ½ trillion (dollars), right, when the most elegant person – right? I call him Mr. Elegant. I mean, that was a great debate. We did such a great job. But at that time I was talking $2 ½ trillion. I guess it’s 5 trillion (dollars) now. Whatever it is, it’s a lot more. So we have anywhere from 4 to 5 or even more trillions of dollars sitting offshore.

And later...

So I deal with foreign countries, and despite what you may read I have unbelievable relationships with all of the foreign leaders. They like me. I like them. You know, it’s amazing. So I’ll call, like, major – major countries, and I’ll be dealing with the prime minister or the president. And I’ll say, how are you doing? Oh, don’t know, don’t know, not well, Mr. President, not well. I said, well, what’s the problem? Oh, GDP 9 percent, not well. And I’m saying to myself, here we are at like 1 percent, dying, and they’re at 9 percent and they’re unhappy. So, you know, and these are like countries, you know, fairly large, like 300 million people. You know, a lot of people say – they say, well, but the United States is large. And then you call places like Malaysia, Indonesia, and you say, you know, how many people do you have? And it’s pretty amazing how many people they have. So China’s going to be at 7 or 8 percent, and they have a billion-five, right? So we should do really well.

:what:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its like talking with a Markov chat bot

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Hey, Kush, how's that centuries old conflict going on?

https://twitter.com/joshnathankazis/status/892397002272759808

And that's on the heels of stuff like this (thread has more info)
https://twitter.com/ejmalrai/status/892419103440474112

Any rear end in a top hat who says "I've read enough books" hasn't read enough books.

gently caress this unintellectual ignorant of history piece of poo poo.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm sure the "I'm not into books" plays well with Lord Mattis.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That Trump interview is fun because he still doesn't understand an electoral victory.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Father/son argument over hedgehog... You know what. gently caress it.. Florida.txt.

Edit:

Reality is a loving Onion story.

https://twitter.com/RD_Mullin/status/892497068295462913

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 1, 2017

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

RIP Mooch.

I'm legit pissed off he got fired so soon. He was shaping up to be the most hilarious part of this entire train-wreck.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
I'm really hoping the journalist had a misunderstanding about a Sonic product of some sort

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Yo, so can someone explain to a non-American what the gently caress is up with Florida? I mean besides the old people, Cuban exiles, and a depressing amount of swampland.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Missionary Positron posted:

Yo, so can someone explain to a non-American what the gently caress is up with Florida? I mean besides the old people, Cuban exiles, and a depressing amount of swampland.

It's America's wang.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Every time I read a trump interview I'm convinced that all Mueller needs to do to sink him is get him to the table.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Imagine a place that wants to be super conservative like Texas, but also wants to party like it's spring break all the time.

That place is Florida.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Vasudus posted:

Oh to be a fly on the wall if Jared said something like this to Mattis during the trip to Iraq.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

As someone who was born and raised in Florida, it's got a little bit of everything you could ever want in a state. Deep south towns like Alabama. Liberal cities like NY. Spanish people like Texas. And crazy people like the White House. Most states have one, maybe two of those things. Florida has a lot of all of it.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Florida is the third most populated state after California and Texas and has a population equivalent to Finland, Norway, and Sweden combined. Florida's open records law also makes it easy for journalists to find weirdness.

quote:

You'll notice something when you read so many "Weird Florida" news stories. They almost always include the phrase "according to the arrest report."

As journalists, all we have to do in most cases is call the police department and ask for an arrest report, and the cops are required to give it to us. Nowadays a lot of cops simply email the reports, and some departments even post arrest records online. Some of the more dedicated weird-Florida-news reporters go through batches of arrest reports at a time.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oh to be a fly on the wall if Jared said something like this to Mattis during the trip to Iraq.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Q: What do POTUS Trump and D&D have in common?

A: A will to compulsory depopulation of impoverished rural America

quote:

But I said to Gary, I said, you know, Gary, you go to certain sections and you’re going to need people to work in these massive plants that we’re getting, that are moving in. Where do we have the people? You know where we have the people? In New York state that can’t get jobs, in many other places that can’t get jobs. And people are going to have to start moving. They’re going to move to Colorado and they’re going to move to Iowa and Wisconsin and places where – like if Foxconn goes to Wisconsin, which is one of the places they’re very strongly considering – but if Foxconn goes to Wisconsin and they have a very low rate and the governor’s done an excellent job, you’re going to have a situation where you got to get the people. But they’re going to start moving. And I’m going to start explaining to people when you have an area that just isn’t working – like upper New York state, where people are getting very badly hurt – and then you’ll have another area 500 miles away where you can’t – you can’t get people, I’m going to explain you can leave, it’s OK, don’t worry about your house.

You know, a lot of them don’t leave because of their house. Because they say, gee, my house, I thought it was worth 70,000 (dollars) and now it’s worth nothing. It’s OK. Go, cut your losses, right?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Reading that hurts my head and Trump needs a translator to help English speakers figure it the gently caress out

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TBeats posted:

As someone who was born and raised in Florida, it's got a little bit of everything you could ever want in a state. Deep south towns like Alabama. Liberal cities like NY. Spanish people like Texas. And crazy people like the White House. Most states have one, maybe two of those things. Florida has a lot of all of it.

Florida doesn't have spanish people like texas. Texas has primarily mexican hispanic while florida's hispanics are primarily not mexican. makes for different slang, conversational spanish, and food.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Florida doesn't have spanish people like texas.

Don't assume that Spaniards don't live in both places.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It wasn't an exact 1:1 comparison. Texas has a high population of Spanish people out of Mexico and Florida has a high population of Spanish people out of Cuba.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McNally posted:

Don't assume that Spaniards don't live in both places.

TBeats posted:

It wasn't an exact 1:1 comparison. Texas has a high population of Spanish people out of Mexico and Florida has a high population of Spanish people out of Cuba.

I'm saying that culturally the hispanic people in florida are night and day from the hispanic people in florida.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Gobbeldygook posted:

Florida is the third most populated state after California and Texas and has a population equivalent to Finland, Norway, and Sweden combined. Florida's open records law also makes it easy for journalists to find weirdness.

It's this.

Also, Florida is a swamp so it has to import most of the things you need to function economically.

Including people.

Since most people don't want to live in a hot, humid swamp, you get either the desperate or stupid. Florida imports its terrible and is very, very good at it.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm saying that culturally the hispanic people in florida are night and day from the hispanic people in florida.

Or day and night if you prefer. Somebody's been reading too much trumpspeak.

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

RFC2324 posted:

Imagine a place that wants to be super conservative like Texas, but also wants to party like it's spring break all the time.

That place is Florida.

Speaking as someone who was in Orlando from ages 14-24ish, there's also this double mind thing going on there culturally. Like, there's a bit of a self-image that thinks of itself as a cultural hub in the same way that CA or NY are, but at the same time it's an utter cultural wasteland (with the exception that utterly proves the rule being Disney) and the gap between those two things makes people Real Weird. A lot of ambition and ego with no place to vent it and the worst wages of any major city in the USA.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm saying that Spanish people come from Spain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

shame on an IGA posted:

Q: What do POTUS Trump and D&D have in common?

A: A will to compulsory depopulation of impoverished rural America

#1 Jesus gently caress reading this broke brained rear end in a top hat's mouth diarrhea hurts.

#2 "LOCK THAT BITCH UP IF SHE SAYS WE NEED A JOBS RETRAINING PROGRAM IN BUMFUCKSVILLE, NOWHERE IMMA VOTE FOR TRUMP HE'LL PROTECT ME AND HE SAID A GOOD THING ABOUT COAL HE'LL WATCH OUT FOR ME"

• Locked thread