Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A lot of it is just that Florida is such a meme these days that every little news story that's slightly crazy gets spread far and wide, while equally batshit things happen in other states but don't get quite as much attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

A lot of it is just that Florida is such a meme these days that every little news story that's slightly crazy gets spread far and wide, while equally batshit things happen in other states but don't get quite as much attention.

Then again Florida did have the dude who ate the other dude's face.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

What about Key West

they seem a little freaky but in a good way

I went to my first drag show in key west and they have a nudist bar right on the main road(duval). It's a cool place that is pretty accepting of most people. Also the slushee bar across from the nudist one is cheap and good. It's beautiful and doesn't feel like the rest of Florida at all.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
At least climate change is gonna do us the favor of rinsing out our taint when it drowns Florida first before the rest of the effects kill us all.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

orange juche posted:

Then again Florida did have the dude who ate the other dude's face.
Weirdest part is the guy had nothing in his system besides weed. Just one day he decided to eat another dudes face.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Whaaat I thought that like the original bath salts dude?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Whaaat I thought that like the original bath salts dude?
Sheriff did blame bath salts before tox results came back, but all the pathologist found was :420:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/27/medical-examiner-finds-only-marijuana-in-miami-face-chewer-system.html#ixzz1z2Ne6RED

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Jeff Sessions just can't help being so loving racist.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Love this classic

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/468092163201716224

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

See its totally not racist to oppose affirmative action because Asian-Americans are affected too! (I haven't read the whole thing yet but just that far is far enough to see the bugfuck insanity)

E: This is the dude who said affirmative action totally targets Asian-Americans.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 2, 2017

cousin.avi
Oct 1, 2005

Trump Thinks the White House is a Real Dump

You know, he's done a lot of hosed up, stupid poo poo but for some reason this basic lack of any recognition of the importance of the institution he asked to lead just burned the second I read it. Mueller's freight train can't hit this motherfucker soon enough.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Seibikitei posted:

You know, he's done a lot of hosed up, stupid poo poo but for some reason this basic lack of any recognition of the importance of the institution he asked to lead just burned the second I read it. Mueller's freight train can't hit this motherfucker soon enough.

In a way I agree with him though.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Seibikitei posted:

But a BLACK man stayed there! And his trans wife!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I went to Saint Thomas Aquinas and tuition for normal kids was like 14K a year for the first kid and the second one was like 8 or 9K.

I played on a baseball "scholarship" that was a really heavy discount on tuition...or a grant. I'm not sure my parents didn't tell me. They paid full price for my sister. Alot of the black kids on the football team didn't pay anything obv due to need and the fact that they were athletic freaks.

If you got any money in SFL your kid goes to STA, American Heritage, Chammada Madonna (spelling) , Cardinal Gibbons or River Everglades.

High school bro.14k for high school. Not including books or food lol.

But God drat that athletic program.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
How could you be the best golfer in presidential history when you cheat and drive over your greens with a golf cart

loving Trump

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
How you know your currency/country is hosed: Venezuelan currency is currently worth less than World of Warcraft gold.

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/venezuela-bolivar-less-valuable-than-world-of-warcraft-gold/8768056

AP reporter's first-hand account over the past three years: https://apnews.com/b951badb1ac24ce0b3d0e8d7b8acf903

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I give it another two months before civil war breaks out.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Speaking of civil wars, Russia's casualties in Syria may be higher than they've been reporting. We're still talking about double digit casualties, but it still shows that they're anxious about the blowback. This article talks about graves of the dead being placed in high-security military cemeteries, and dates of death being obscured.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-russia-casualtie-idUSKBN1AI0HG

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

psydude posted:

I give it another two months before civil war breaks out.

Might be sooner then that:

AP News Wire posted:

Venezuela vote count allegedly manipulated

The CEO of the voting technology company Smartmatic says the results of Venezuela’s election for an assembly to rewrite the constitution were tampered with.

Antonio Mugica told reporters in London on Wednesday that there was a discrepancy of 1 million votes between the turnout figures announced by the government and those recorded by his systems.

Mugica said “it is therefore with the deepest regret that we have to report that the turnout figures on Sunday, 30 July, for the Constituent Assembly in Venezuela were tampered with.”

Smartmatic was a company created by Venezuelans that provided electronic voting machines used during the administration of the late President Hugo Chavez.

In recent years it has branched out to provide the same services to countries across the world, while continuing to provide support for elections in Venezuela.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/congressedits/status/892740357900955648

This paragraph was added:

shyduck fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 2, 2017

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

I'm desperately trying to avoid the obvious reply to this.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
God can you imagine how awful the Russian VA is?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

cowboy elvis posted:

God can you imagine how awful the Russian VA is?
"Here's a coupon for some Krokodil. Die fast please"

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Re:. Florida chat. Despite its many shortcomings, may I offer this:

Latina rear end. Everywhere.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Re:. Florida chat. Despite its many shortcomings, may I offer this:

Latina rear end. Everywhere.

We've all seen Brazzers productions, so yes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Trump claimed that the Boy Scouts called him and told him it was the greatest speech ever

Boy Scouts: Nope

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/892529693429202945

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Guys I'm beginning to think this guy is a pathological liar

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I cannot wait for his SOTU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

TBeats posted:

SAD!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/cbsmccormick/status/892699290480652288

It's like when a father is cleaning his pistol when his daughter's first boyfriend comes over. It just needed to be cleaned, that's all.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

TBeats posted:

We had the biggest crowds! We had all 535 senators and representatives there, all of whom agreed that it was the best speech that had ever been given there. The best speech since George Washington, at least, maybe earlier. And- a lot of people don't know this, but it's starting to come out more and more- all nine members of the Supreme Court were there, including Justice Gorsuch, who everyone is agreeing is the newest justice. Also my cabinet and Vice President Pence were there, who still congratulates me on my victory today. Just the other day Mike was saying "Oh Trump, I don't know how you did it, but you did it the best. The best there is, you won it!"

Ah, Ivanka, nice of you to join us. She was worried that we wouldn't win Michigan or Ohio because it's so hard for a Republican to win those states, but here we are. Crooked Hillary couldn't win those states despite all the Crooked Media and Fake News, but we won. We won by the biggest margin ever, which everyone at the State of the Union address agrees upon even if they're a democrat.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

So Trump signed the newer betterer sanctions against Russia into law, and surprise!

There's a gap that allows western companies to keep on keepin' on

Reuters posted:

OSLO/MOSCOW (Reuters) - A gap in U.S. sanctions allows Western companies to help Russia develop some of its most technically challenging oil reserves, and risks undermining the broad aim of the measures, a Reuters investigation has found.

When Washington imposed the sanctions on Moscow in 2014 over its annexation of Crimea and role in the Ukraine conflict, the U.S Treasury said it wanted to "impede Russia's ability to develop so-called frontier or unconventional oil resources".

The restrictions were designed to prevent Russia countering declining output from conventional wells by tapping these hard-to-recover reserves which require newer extraction techniques like fracking, an area where it relies on Western technology.

Three years on, however, Norway's Statoil is helping Kremlin oil giant Rosneft (ROSN.MM) develop unconventional resources while British major BP (BP.L) is considering a similar project.

Statoil is not breaching sanctions, nor would BP be doing so.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Smiling Jack posted:

Just a reminder last week was totally loving insane

We may have a contender http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-02/philippines-duterte-calls-north-koreas-kim-a-27fool27-o/8768784

This, this has the potential of being so..... :discourse:

TBeats posted:

I hope he's gone by then and skypes it from jail to his family and remaining employees

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

dubzee posted:

So Trump signed the newer betterer sanctions against Russia into law, and surprise!

There's a gap that allows western companies to keep on keepin' on

Am I missing something because neither of those companies are American so that hardly seems like a "gap" .

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's a gap and Tillerson still bitched up a storm because he's a disgustingn little Moskal whoreboy.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Trump's statement on signing the Russia sanctions:

http://publicpool.kinja.com/subject-statement-by-president-donald-j-trump-on-sign-1797465698

quote:

"Further, the bill sends a clear message to Iran and North Korea that the American people will not tolerate their dangerous and destabilizing behavior. America will continue to work closely with our friends and allies to check those countries malignant activities.

I built a truly great company worth many billions of dollars. That is a big part of the reason I was elected. As President, I can make far better deals with foreign countries than Congress."

:gibs:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

suboptimal posted:

Trump's statement on signing the Russia sanctions:

It's always fun playing the game of "spot the part Trump personally dictated to his staff" as it's basically a sudden crash in the grade level of the writing.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/892752848114651137

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jesus Christ, I knew he was dumb as gently caress but typing that out really says something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

:( Aww man, I loved watching America's Most Wanted as a kid.

• Locked thread