Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Missionary Positron posted:

Yo, so can someone explain to a non-American what the gently caress is up with Florida? I mean besides the old people, Cuban exiles, and a depressing amount of swampland.

It's America's wang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Florida doesn't have spanish people like texas.

Don't assume that Spaniards don't live in both places.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm saying that culturally the hispanic people in florida are night and day from the hispanic people in florida.

I'm saying that Spanish people come from Spain.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Bear in mind that we live in a country where a veteran literally set himself on fire in front of a VA clinic and nothing happened.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

MacPac posted:

does the osprey glide in for a crash or sink like a rock?

It glides to the water, where it sinks like a rock.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

facialimpediment posted:

There's a problem with the Army's new pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch7si_VQsGA

Whoops.

Oh come on, how is anyone going to be hurt from a discharge when they drop a gun in such a way that it falls so that it's pointed directly at their face?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nick Soapdish posted:

Good.

https://twitter.com/margbrennan/status/896044088050548736

Can't wait for Trump to double down on the fact he really meant it and is glad.

https://twitter.com/evilsharkey/status/864548377660317696

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
The state song of Maryland, "Maryland, My Maryland," was written in 1861 and the first words in the song refer to Abraham Lincoln.

The despot's heel is on thy shore,
Maryland!
His torch is at thy temple door,
Maryland!
Avenge the patriotic gore
That flecked the streets of Baltimore,
And be the battle queen of yore,
Maryland! My Maryland!

During the Civil War, the forts and batteries in Baltimore had their guns pointed into the city to prevent insurrection, as opposed to into the bay to prevent attack.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Hunterhr posted:

Lee and the Confederate Army thought they would get a hometown welcome in the state during the Antietam campaign. There's a bunch of accounts of confed regiments singing the song when the entered the state.

gently caress you McClellan send in V corps and you shorten the war by two years.

I'm surprised Richmond never built a statue of McClellan.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

You just know that means he called his local recruiter and was like "I want to be tank commander. I will command a tank." and they were like "uh.... lol that's cool, wanna enlist little boy?" and then he did and then even that didn't work out.

Fun counter-intel story:

A mentally not well person wanted to kill Army officers, so he went to the recruiter and told him that he would like to join the Army so that he can be near Army officers so that he can kill them. Recruiter turned him away and called the FBI. So this guy goes to a different recruiter and says the same thing, and the recruiter signed him up for the Army and did not alert the FBI, lol. Then the FBI gave him fake bombs and now he's in prison.

The recruiter who called the FBI received a counseling statement. The recruiter who signed up the nutjob received an AAM.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Bolow posted:

See I'm curious on how the FBI finds these idiots. Because all I'm picturing in my head is some idiot posting a craigslist ad for some ANFO, followed by some junior FBI agent doing effectively a Nigerian Prince money scam but with explosives instead.

I am a lawyer representing the estate of Mr. James Eckspload. He has left you 3,000 pounds of explosives-grade fertilizer and...

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Zeris posted:

I never read much of the case. Was there proof or just he said vs she said? Also this case was her suing after he sued for defamation right?

There's a photograph of him with his hand on her rear end. His defense rested on Taylor Swift not knowing her rear end from her ribcage.

And his lawyer asking questions like "if you felt like you were being assaulted, why didn't you react like someone who was being assaulted?"

Fig. 1.1: "My hand was totally on her ribcage, honest."

McNally fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 15, 2017

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Vengarr posted:

There was a picture of the DJ clearly grabbing her rear end.

He sued for defamation, she counter-sued for assault. I have no idea why the guy thought he would win.

Because he's a man and she's just a woman?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Just GTFO of Maryland. It's what I did.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

I need to make friends with somebody out in loving Frederick or something, I don't even know if there's a 1k+ range IN this state or even within like a 3-4 hour drive.

There's an outdoor range in Charles Town that goes out to 300 that I'm thinking about joining, but I don't know about 1k+

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

https://twitter.com/jsellenberg/status/896443928433610753

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

ded posted:

Wife was asking me 'why do people want to take down historical statues?'. I explained to her what they represent and how they are being used as focal points for really lovely people. Then I asked her 'ok where are the Chiang Kai Shek statues in China?'. Oh! In Taiwan! Ok well that is not China is it?

YOU CRAZY TAIWAN IS PART OF CHINA!

Uhh... what?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Casimir Radon posted:

They should have disowned him a year ago at the latest. A year ago Donnie had just disparaged a gold star family.

In fairness, nobody gives a gently caress about gold star families.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Someone in cspam said the kkk backed out. Haven't seen anything official confirming it though.

I guess they decided that they've gotta leave ol' Durham town.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

This is goddamned amazing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Chichevache posted:

Segregation?

You've never heard this before?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

ded posted:

Did anyone tell him the election is over yet?

What are you talking about? He filed for reelection before he'd even unpacked at the White House. It's campaign season forever.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Nice! posted:

We're only a year away from someone enlisting to die in afghanistan that was born after 9/11.

You can join the Guard at 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

facialimpediment posted:

You've gotta be fuckin

Manafort Notes From Russian Meet Contain Cryptic Reference to 'Donations'

An actual, literal magic word sitting in Manafort's notes.

There could be a video of Putin yelling "I AM GIVING YOU ILLEGAL CAMPAIGN DONATIONS WHILE DIRECTING MY HACKERS TO ENSURE YOU WIN THE ELECTION" while shoving money into Trump's pockets as Trump drowns infants in a sink and still nothing will happen.

• Locked thread