Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Tell that to all the people in Florida that call themselves Spanish.

Did they come from Spain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

crazy vets would just shoot up a VA clinic, not anything relevant to the people pushing that legislation

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Are... are people under the impression that North Korea is able to field an amount of nuclear ICBMs that rivals everything the USSR was able to put together?

I don't mean to downplay the threat too much but it hasn't gone that far.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

How many ICBMs under North Korean control is ok with you?

0. The point is that with a few nukes NK cannot ensure MAD, and they aren't the USSR reborn. What's NK's economy look like without China blatantly opening up the floodgates of support?

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 9, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TBeats posted:

they don't have to chuck it at the US or a US-interest for it to be bad, hth

Show me where I said it wasn't bad

CommieGIR posted:

Its not happening. North Korea wants nukes for one reason only: To guarantee their borders.

They know lobbing it at anyone will only result in nukes in turn, Kim may be nuts, but his generals are probably aware that their stockpile is vastly outnumbered, and a single nuke would be all China needs as an excuse to overthrow them.

Yes, this is where I'm coming from. I'm more responding to people (not here) acting like North Korea is about to unleash hell upon Small Town America, which is the kind of rhetoric that got us in this situation in the first place. The anecdote with the reporter posted earlier reminded me of some posts on reddit that raised my blood pressure, and I really should try to avoid reading that horrible site.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 9, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Mambold posted:

What makes you think the guys who work for him are sane because they're generals?

Or let me edit that, not as batshit cray-cray as he is.

Somebody in that organization has been a stabilizing force. North Korea doesn't need nuclear-equipped ICBMs to pose an immediate threat to the entirety of Japan and South Korea; they've maintained that capability for a while. Having those nukes gives them a greater bargaining chip but not if they actually use them.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Donald DRUMPF, am I right?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

harsh, but fair

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I've got a hair up my butt (again) about him implying that B-1s are nuke-capable (at the moment) but yeah he's right. Wake me up when freight trains loaded down with Abrams tanks are heading toward the West Coast.

Unfortunately I doubt the actual fact of our preparedness is relevant to whether or not Trump escalates. The morning's headlines will certainly have far more to do with it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

I can't remember what documentary I saw it in, but it reminds me of some financial analyst who said that when he first heard about 9/11 happening he asked himself "Oh, I wonder what the price of gold is right now?"

I'm still gonna put money into my retirement accounts either way, but the last thing I care about if WW3 kicks off is "Hmmm, I wonder if I diversified enough".

This is why you'll never get to FIRE

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Professor Bling posted:

Seeing reports that there weren't plates on the car

This poo poo was premeditated.

Nazis are openly murdering people in this country and the president can't work up the nerve to offend his base and condemn the terrorists. This is heartbreaking.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Scared enough to take a running charge down a crowd full of people protesting nazis? I haven't heard of any actual misbehavior on the protestors' part. This guy wasn't blocked in and getting his car hammered on, he built up speed before ramming into people.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/NewsInTheBurg/s...%3D2260%23pti19

Open and in the clear. Not surrounded and "scared".

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

brake lights on

Running lights, challenger brake lights up the whole bar

At least that's what twitter is saying

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

Trump speaking now.

What are the chances he denounces the "conflict" and not the nazis

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

"We condemn the hatred and violence - on many sides."

Oh, 100%

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Untagged posted:

gently caress.

It would be the State Police's helicopter. CPD doesn't have one.

gently caress nazis but, also, gently caress helicopters.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

White House confirms: President does not want to specifically condemn Nazis.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/896468842645516288

GOP senators are starting to directly confront Trump's lovely statements. I guess open Nazi marches and violence will make even them feel squeamish. Either that or this is a good way to break with Trump while maintaining a moral high ground.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Flikken posted:

And now they suspect a drone collided with the police chopper and that is what caused it to crash.

This would be a first, wouldn't it? People have been acting like such retards with their drones I'm surprised it hasn't happened before.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

dude is getting charged with second degree murder

good thing he was white

Second degree? Like he was just fine and not intending to hurt anyone that day but seeing a crowd of antifa made him rage out?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

It's incredibly frustrating, yeah, and at some point you gotta give up on them. But expecting Appalachian coal miners to predict economic trends, learn to code, and move to California or whatever is bad, dumb neo-liberal and/or conservative bullshit depending on how exactly you phrase it.

I grew up in Appalachia and got my chance to go to college and pursue a career through the military. While, intellectually, I sympathize with the plight of the rural poor that gets wiped away by my emotional response to the sheer magnitude of the hatred and bigotry they express. What happened today in Charlottesville really solidified that feeling - I think there's somebody I know in that crowd of torch wielding pieces of garbage.

It's hard to express, I guess. I want to sound smart and rational and talk about how the system failed them but at this point I no longer give a single poo poo about their well being and just want them to go away. I never felt the way they do about our fellow man even at my lowest points.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 13, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

Holy poo poo I'm glad I didn't buy a house this year.

Whoops

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

I don't fault him for not running. I really do believe he would have won, but after his son died, I don't blame him for having second thoughts and deciding not to run.

None of this poo poo is on him.

Yeah the idea of blaming Biden for any part of this is kind of revolting. The man's been through tragedy after tragedy in his life, and worked hard as the VP. He's earned a break from the shitshow in Washington.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So the opinion on my Facebook network is "Well if the liberals didn't instigate the violence there wouldn't have been any problems"

Time to delete the trash, I guess

However, it is slightly heartening to see a couple of the hard right warriors draw a line against nazis

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 14, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Arc Light posted:

What I'm getting at is, how much of a fuckup do you need to be before your buddies stop covering for you and let you fail publicly?

If you gently caress up fast and hard you just get sent to psych and kicked out for failure to adapt

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Also note paying half every two weeks instead of once every month carves a 30 year loan down to 23.

Please explain how this works out, I'm not getting it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

Lots of people saying antifa is more dangerous than the Nazi assholes.

Lots of "well they just call everybody a Nazi," too.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's finally loving happening. Jesus. We should've torn those things down decades ago.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Mambold posted:

Color me impressed with the FBI for outwitting and then entrapping a mentally ill moron. I feel like something dreadful is around the corner, like 9-11 and they're dicking around with some poo poo like this.

Gotta give the new guys something to cut their teeth on.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bolow posted:

See I'm curious on how the FBI finds these idiots. Because all I'm picturing in my head is some idiot posting a craigslist ad for some ANFO, followed by some junior FBI agent doing effectively a Nigerian Prince money scam but with explosives instead.

I'm pretty sure that quite literally is all they need to do.

facialimpediment posted:

The Root just interviewed the guy, Corey Long. His version of the story makes it even better.

http://www.theroot.com/interview-how-corey-long-fought-white-supremacy-with-f-1797831277/amp

Calling bullshit on the shot being fired at his foot, but I believe everything else.

Good story, but that picture is so loaded it hardly needs it. The flower just barely in frame, the black men standing with a white man and fighting back against the nazis, etc. etc. etc. Seeing this happen to a place I considered my home for years really crushed me, but I'm glad to hear all the stories about people fighting back.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 15, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

cowboy elvis posted:

Reince Priebus was fired like two weeks ago.

On a serious note, I have never known or read so much about how the US Government works until the past six months.

Yeah who woulda known Trump would influence people to read up on parliamentary procedure

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

milk milk lemonade posted:

Okay but theoretically would secret service stop him?

Literally anyone in the loving room with the president would stop himself from putting a gun to his head unless he had completely alienated them

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Man, I forgot I was still getting these emails from the time I wanted to volunteer for the campaign to get free poo poo and hand out poo poo in some Walmart parking lot

No option for "perfect"?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I hope the sun doesn't come back

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Moldy Labes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

We...declared war on Pakistan?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

psydude posted:

Being relieved of command is a career ending thing. But if your career is already at an end then it's nothing.

He'll be on Fox News as a Senior Military Adviser soon enough.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

please reach far enough to flush amarillo into the toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

loving :lol: amarillo is going to get sprinkled on if they get much rain at all.

a man can dream

• Locked thread