Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

TBeats posted:

someone break it down for me. what do people theorize would happen if we just.... left afghanistan? not leaving a small group of US troops behind. i mean 100% of all US assets out.

if the answer is gas prices would go up, then that's the answer. if the answer is all of america would die due to terrorist attacks, then that is the answer. but what do "experts" or whatever think?

We will never leave Afghanistan. Try to take a survey of all airfields we have near unlimited access and options on how to utilize to in Central Asia. Think about what platforms we can fly out of those, not counting Afghanistan with BAF, KAF, KIA, the best airfield in the region would be Al Udeid (which is far superior to those three but is also in the ME). Though while Qatar is a better airbase, that doesn't give us a location near the eastern border of Iran, the western border of China, and the southern border of Russia (yes I know there's a few countries in between Afghanistan and Russia but still). Until we can get a deal with any of the other Stans to setup a well constructed airfield we can do drat near whatever out of (which Russia won't allow in 4 of the 6) we will never leave Afghanistan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

Buying a gun in Maryland seems to be just complicated enough that I don't feel like doing it...which I guess is working as intended.

e: oh that's only handguns apparently

suboptimal posted:

I'm about to go through that Byzantine process here in DC, although to be honest, ours seem to be way less convoluted than yours.

Just remember gents, the M1 Garand isn't considered an assault weapon in many states, also isn't a pistol, and has a very good history of killing nazis.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41118992

We're spending approximately $2 mil prototyping four 30ft sections of "the wall". Good thing we're testing it against small hand tools, not like cartels or coyotes would use anything larger.

• Locked thread