Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

bird food bathtub posted:

Well keep an eye on F&F morning shows I guess. That'll be a wild ride. Once he gets his greasy orange paws on pardoning I think he's gonna go hog wild.

I think this is true, but if his lawyers are worth a handful of pennies then they'll be screaming at him gently caress NO because

Mr. Nice! posted:

A pardon carries with it a tacit admission of guilt and you lose all 5th amendment rights associated with the underlying crime.

which means you have to roll or get hosed up for other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

ded posted:

did they at least yell over and over 'stop resisting' ??

Well, they asked him while he was strapped to a chair if he would stop resisting, and there was a muffled reply probably due to the cop that had him by the neck, and the cop with the tazer said "no you won't" and then proceeded to shock him some more.

So, kind of.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Is that fucker shooting .22s?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Gotta have SOMETHING to distract from the news Donny's financials are getting spread before a grand jury and the FBI.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I only helped kill the reenlistment NCOs hopes and dreams by helping people with resumes, applying for jobs, and researching school options and GI Bill for other dudes.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That sure is a piggy eyed mother fucker that one.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm a Gen Xer and we were apparently the worst thing ever as well. But the worst they could think of was that we listened to too much rock and roll and smoke too much weed and drank too much booze, which sounds more like an endorsement than a criticism.

Poor millennials get poo poo on for goddamn everything including killing Arby's and probably chemtrails and gay frogs as well. No matter what the problem is it can be blamed on millennials apparently.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Should be gearing up for a war in Korea just in time for winter.

You all gonna die a frozen death.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

That sounds like something Decker would say

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You wouldn't think it'd be possible to get your tongue and your nose in someone's rear end in a top hat but here we are.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So of course we'll need funding for a department of no suicide oath, and we'll need a team of civilian contractors to staff and of course we'll need 3 days of briefings and powerpoints to be viewed before signing and if you don't sign then we'll need a signature from the brigade commander.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Pyongyang is far enough away from borders that a tactical nuke probably wouldn't affect China or SK.

No one is gonna be a fan though.

Man, gently caress being in 2ID or 4-7 right now, fuuuuuuuck that.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Two Finger posted:

220kw of energy not counting heat :stare: like that's nowhere near fossil fuel levels but since it's acting as a cracker not a fuel that's not the point. I've been saying about hydrogen for years it's too expensive to create the hydrogen but jesus... this is good

What's the energy density of say gasoline or diesel?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

orange juche posted:

If you convert 220kW to MJ using E(J) = 1000 × P(kW) × t(s) you get E(J) = 1000*220*240 or 52,800,000 Joules of energy produced just from the hydrogen liberated from the reaction. That's 52.8 MJ/L for the aluminum reaction. It has a higher energy density than either gasoline or diesel, assuming no losses of energy.

BTW kW is a unit of energy just like a joule, a kW/h is a unit of power (which would be wrong). So the article wasn't wrong in using kW, but it would have been better to use Joule so we didn't have to convert it.

Holy poo poo.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Duke Chin posted:

I have no idea who this dude is but one cursory glance over his twitter was enough to show me that he is not someone anyone should ever be taking vaccination advice from

If I looked like this bitch rear end buster I wouldn't be picking fights.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I see they've got their off duty military look down

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
And yup, there's your terrorist organization right there.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
They got the car, possibly the driver still in the car.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Wait, that midget is the master race?

Get the gently caress outta here. Looks like Holt from the Cleveland Show.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There was a bunch of dudes that quit first week when I went through, and most of them were still there when I left. Chances are he got dear johned or just cried bitch in the first week because a drill sergeant didn't say he was a hero.

Chaptering people for being a bitch takes ages.

The dudes who changed their minds in reception seemed to get out quick as gently caress though.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That was just amazing.

Like, the biggest showing of your own rear end ever seen on television, and it's by the president.

So good.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Handsome Ralph posted:

Fair point.

I'm not shedding tears at the statues being removed but I guess it would be unreasonable to expect no one to get arrested for spontaneously committing vandalism, even if it is a piece of poo poo.

Eh, I'd take a fine and maybe some community service for having torn down a statue of a turd.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's gotta be in the top 3.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The Jim Jeffries thing was just a joke. Kind of like americans hating the french. You don't really, but doesn't stop you from joking about it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Was that really "thousands" of jobs though? Molded plastic and some milled parts? Hundreds, maybe, but shenanigans on thousands.

You pay for a background check in lots of places, whether they tell you or not, it's an expected fee. And I don't mind the magazine cap, but it is dumb and reactionary.

Yeah, I don't know about thousands, I'd believe over a hundred. By the time you count up every one in the supply chain and admin and poo poo I'd believe a couple of hundred.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My experience in (loving combat arms wooooo) is a good 80%+ right wing nutjobs. My last unit even had a dude who was at the very least a KKK sympathizer, but I suspect probably had a suspiciously sewn white sheet in his house.

My very first platoon sergeant was a birther, first platoon leader was ferociously right wing and tried to suck any of the Bush's dicks any chance he possibly could. My second last platoon sergeant was a libertarian but not so extreme.

Basically the only dudes I knew that weren't right wing lunatics were brown or black lower enlisted. Or white immigrants.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So in news that surprises no one, that army nurse who got burnt up and stabbed by a psychotic co-worker that the army refused to do anything about, is now getting completely hosed over again by the army WTU.

http://www.yourtango.com/2017305785/us-army-ignores-nurse-katie-ann-blanchard-survives-attempted-murder-clifford-currie

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Stultus Maximus posted:

Not watching it, someone let me know where I'm getting mobilized to.

Hell.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I feel like these bullshit verdicts could be solved by doing a little facebook vetting of potential jurors.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Pulling one from the Sandusky playbook and his sexual attraction to underage boys.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

bird food bathtub posted:

Hey did you know that approximately 3.2 metric fucktons of the crude oil refining capability of the country is in the area being hit?

There's going to be an ecological disaster piled on top of this. Sewage water is going to be the GOOD stuff.

Well maybe it'll help keep down the malaria or dengue fever or whatever else decides to rear it's ugly head?

Yeah right, everyone gonna die of dick aids and eye vomits.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, it may have been.

Yeah, I think it was "you gonna die friend of the family" and I'm pretty sure he went to dome him, but he had safety on, no round chambered, or both. Had a moment of mild clarity and put a round into the ground instead.

That charge of discharging a firearm is some weak poo poo, but hopefully get his guns taken from him.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I don't see why he couldn't get hit with all of that and more but I'm not an expert. Maybe they are building a case for more? Hopefully.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm summer child as gently caress. A lot of mornings in the army I'd get accused of being drunk because my face was numb and I was slurring my words.

I've never been anywhere that ive found really hot in North america so far.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Actually I found my polar opposite at Benning, an LT who grew up in Russia then lived in New York and never wore a piece of snivel gear ever. He would take all his leave in the middle of summer because he couldn't bear it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I've seen a few videos of people with trucks that have been seriously rebuilt helping out.

Bro truck 60k chevy's with 22s and a lift kit... not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Arc Light posted:

Hey. That's hurtful. My department requires a GED. We recruit only the best and the brightest.

Holy poo poo, I didn't think they'd scrape that hard into the bottom of the barrel.

• Locked thread