Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I know this has been used as an excuse before but

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/892135285542277120

Kush: nah we couldn't have colluded because we suck

https://twitter.com/bigcatderek/status/892114340194680832

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I ditched Facebook a several weeks ago and posted in the last thread how the Gainesville, FL police department (the town I went to high school in) tweeted out how they don't condone what Trump said about police brutatlity. Someone showed me a longer statement that they released via Facebook and it owns:

quote:

"Earlier today, the President made remarks that seemed to endorse and condone police brutality.

The President of the United States has no business endorsing or condoning cops being rough with arrestees and suggesting that we should slam their heads onto the car while putting them in.

The men and women of GPD absolutely reject those remarks and will continue to serve and protect this great community with respect.

The President's remarks today have set modern policing back and erased a lot of the strides we have made to build trust in our community, but we hope that each of you will recognize the work we have done to earn your trust.

It's certainly possible to enforce laws and arrest very bad folks and do it with respect. The men and women of GPD prove this on a daily basis.

YOUR Gainesville Police Department will continue to treat everyone with respect, no matter the circumstances.

It is truly an honor to serve this community."

:perfect:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
goddamn camp casey sucked in 2012. i would loving HATE to be there now. like, shoot myself in the face twice hate it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Does a pardon clear your record of whatever you're being pardoned for or does it just keep you out of jail? Because Sheriff Joe likely won't do any time and if I understand it correctly, pardons don't erase convictions.

So a pardon would be symbolic if anything and wouldn't actually do anything to help Sheriff Joe, assuming he doesn't actually have to get locked up at all, right?

So absolutely Trump will do it because his core base would love it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He'll just pardon him over twitter bing bang bong so simple.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/dog_feelings/status/892071773138714624

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I want to achieve growth. We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world, essentially, you know, of the size. But we’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. We have – nobody knows what the number is. I mean, it used to be, when we talked during the debate, 2 ½ trillion (dollars), right, when the most elegant person – right? I call him Mr. Elegant. I mean, that was a great debate. We did such a great job. But at that time I was talking $2 ½ trillion. I guess it’s 5 trillion (dollars) now. Whatever it is, it’s a lot more. So we have anywhere from 4 to 5 or even more trillions of dollars sitting offshore.

And later...

So I deal with foreign countries, and despite what you may read I have unbelievable relationships with all of the foreign leaders. They like me. I like them. You know, it’s amazing. So I’ll call, like, major – major countries, and I’ll be dealing with the prime minister or the president. And I’ll say, how are you doing? Oh, don’t know, don’t know, not well, Mr. President, not well. I said, well, what’s the problem? Oh, GDP 9 percent, not well. And I’m saying to myself, here we are at like 1 percent, dying, and they’re at 9 percent and they’re unhappy. So, you know, and these are like countries, you know, fairly large, like 300 million people. You know, a lot of people say – they say, well, but the United States is large. And then you call places like Malaysia, Indonesia, and you say, you know, how many people do you have? And it’s pretty amazing how many people they have. So China’s going to be at 7 or 8 percent, and they have a billion-five, right? So we should do really well.

:what:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Missionary Positron posted:

Yo, so can someone explain to a non-American what the gently caress is up with Florida? I mean besides the old people, Cuban exiles, and a depressing amount of swampland.

As someone who was born and raised in Florida, it's got a little bit of everything you could ever want in a state. Deep south towns like Alabama. Liberal cities like NY. Spanish people like Texas. And crazy people like the White House. Most states have one, maybe two of those things. Florida has a lot of all of it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Reading that hurts my head and Trump needs a translator to help English speakers figure it the gently caress out

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It wasn't an exact 1:1 comparison. Texas has a high population of Spanish people out of Mexico and Florida has a high population of Spanish people out of Cuba.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

cole was meaning hispanic not spanish. of course there are spaniards in both places, but they are small minorities in each.

i was talking about the high population of spanish speaking people in both places, if i had known how pedantic the conversation would get i would've prefaced it by saying :siren: don't take this too serious :siren:

also, don't speak for other people. it's rude.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Love this classic

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/468092163201716224

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Seibikitei posted:

Trump Thinks the White House is a Real Dump

You know, he's done a lot of hosed up, stupid poo poo but for some reason this basic lack of any recognition of the importance of the institution he asked to lead just burned the second I read it. Mueller's freight train can't hit this motherfucker soon enough.

In a way I agree with him though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I cannot wait for his SOTU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/cbsmccormick/status/892699290480652288

It's like when a father is cleaning his pistol when his daughter's first boyfriend comes over. It just needed to be cleaned, that's all.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bird food bathtub posted:

Wait what, honest about lying? Something just broke in my brain help I can't tell what's real and what's stupid anymore where am I what's going on?

this is the same timeline that gave us "alternative facts."

don't think too hard about it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Wasabi the J posted:

I don't know if his kid would agree with that sentiment.

Still a better head on his shoulders than the president.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/892830012881154048

Yes I always mistake phone conversations and face-to-face ones

Not that either of these things occurred anyway

edit: full transcript

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/892835528428711937

This sounds like the type of poo poo I used to come up with when I got busted skipping school.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

So why did he sign it, then.

heh, you know the answer

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the two party system needs to die but i don't know how to kill it or if it would create a post-Iraq invasion power vacuum and birth the government version of ISIS or some poo poo

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
someone break it down for me. what do people theorize would happen if we just.... left afghanistan? not leaving a small group of US troops behind. i mean 100% of all US assets out.

if the answer is gas prices would go up, then that's the answer. if the answer is all of america would die due to terrorist attacks, then that is the answer. but what do "experts" or whatever think?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/891751305580032003

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

He will shoot a BB gun and talk about how he hip fired a .50 cal.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

just... if you're surprised by any of this, then i have a mansion on the moon i'll sell you for cheap.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Proud Christian Mom posted:

As part of a deal with the HFC to help lower the deficit, the Trump admin has sold West Virginia for $500m to a Russian investment group

He's going to announce that when the FY starts then construction on the wall will start. But he will put it in Trump terms.

Bank on it.

E: we should all wager probies on our prediction like we did with Spicer's conferences.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Trump's announcement tonight is that he's firing Mueller

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LingcodKilla posted:

Shouldn't you do some work before you go on vacation?

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/891998881009061888

Checkmate liberals :smug:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What's the lamest reason for a grand jury? If it's not a nothingburger could it just be a veganburger?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
if Donny comes out tomorrow and says "yeah i colluded with russia. i broke some laws. i stomped on the constitution. but i did it to save the United States from Hillary Clinton and her emails" he would be hailed as a goddamn patriot by some people

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

The Senate has now adjourned until early September, with pro forma sessions active until then to prevent recess appointments (the usual).

That means a month of town halls, Donnie sucking up all the DC stories, and a mad rush to fund the government, raise the debt ceiling, and figure out what to do about Obamacare by October 1st. The House is only in session for 15 out of those days.

:dance: WHO IS READY FOR ANOTHER GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN???? :dance:

How does a shutdown affect VA benefits? Maybe I should put off buying a car for a few months to make sure I can make rent through the end of the year.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

VA funds a year out. You're fine unless it lasts longer than that.

What's the longest the government has ever been shut down? I could see a shutdown with this administration going on for a hilarious-and-then-tragic long time.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Three weeks-ish under Clinton, I think.

We should start a betting pool on when the government will be operational again if there is indeed a shutdown. With some type of stupid prize for the winner.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Way to go U.K.!!

http://www.wkbw.com/news/national/child-sized-sex-dolls-for-pedophiles-uk-therapist-suggests-them-as-treatment

"Dozens of sex dolls designed to look like children have been seized by police across the United Kingdom in the past year. One therapist suggests they can be an effective treatment for people who have urges to molest kids."

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

joat mon posted:

Calling them "providers" is a cruel loving joke. It's the epitome of doublespeak.
They take unmanageable people off the street and dope them to keep them compliant and manageable, NOT to actually provide care or treatment

Sounds like your average American medical provider to me!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I absolutely had to, I could last for three or four months on my savings. After that?

:black101::black101::black101:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think Trump heard that Obama's third quarter 2016* as president had a 2.9% GDP, better than his 2.6% that he was bragging about because

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/893420123641479168

E: unless he means WV. In which case if you throw all of your trash and belongings on your floor and then piss in the corner, pick up and throw away a couple of beer cans and you're 3% cleaner, but you're still living in a shithole.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 4, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He talked about Hillary's emails when asked about the investigation.

Guess if I'm seriousposting or not.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I know a few people from WV and all I hear them talk about when they talk about WV is how everyone they know that is still there is hooked on one drug or another drug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/893478138822479872

Find you someone who laughs with you the way Joe laughs with Barry :unsmith:

• Locked thread