Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
South Florida has a good mix of Caribbean and South American immigrants, New York retirees, and wealthy people.

The rest of everything south of Orlando - Tampa is rural as gently caress and mostly ranching and phosphate mining. So basically your stereotypical Redneck.

Orlando is half Theme Parks and Shopping and half trying to be a biotechnology hub. Tampa is the older, more mature, and more diverse economic base but still chock full of fuckjobs from the rust belt who got tired of the snow.

Daytona is lol beach party year round. Cape Canaveral is where they fired off the rockets and space shuttles and now they're hoping Musk remains interested in SpaceX to prevent the entire economy from collapsing even harder then it already has.

Everything north of Orlando is effectively counterfeit Deep South where some rear end in a top hat heard from his brother's cousin's barber about how inbred hicks work in Tennessee or something and thought it was a good idea to copy them.

None of these fucks want to spend more then the absolute minimum on anything approaching infrastructure (Toll Roads everywhere!) or education (IIRC the state is amongst the highest in private schools per capita) and thus we have dumb and stupid poor fucks who make lol Florida a thing. Then you have not 1 but 2 $25,000 homestead exemptions on your house which fund the public school system and... yeah.

But you can shoot someone because you were standing your ground and poo poo.

gently caress this state. SS-18's cleansing fire can't happen soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

The thing that never seems to get brought up is that in under 6 months thousands of people will be in South Korea for the Winter Olympics. So if KJU just chills out for a few months he can increase his leverage exponentially.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

How much weight should I put in this analysis? I mean it feels in line with what I thought I knew about the Norks but that was all pre-2017 worst timeline ever. And its imgur, not the best place to find quality analysis .

How powerful is North Korea's military? An in-depth analysis

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

NYT has the incident report.

Top Two Officers on Navy Ship in Deadly Collision Off Japan to Be Relieved of Duties
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/world/asia/fitzgerald-collision-investigation.html

Does this include the Cmdr who was asleep at the time or just the officers on duty? I don't get it.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Knives Amilli posted:

my unit is in AFCYBER and my sq. cc has maintained its only a matter of WHEN we get a Cyber MAJCOM.
Civvie here. What's a MAJCOM? A separate branch of the Military? Or just a subbranch of the USAF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

Trumps not smart enough to think that, this was one of his cronys that told him it was a good time to sign it.

Hopefully someone picks up the good headline once the worst is over "While ignoring Texans in trouble Trump pardons sheriff who committed human rights abuses"

Now doesn't this mean that anyone suing the department can now call Joe to the stand and force his testimony since he's no longer given 5th amendment protections? And now he can be forced to testify against pretty much the entire department?

• Locked thread