Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
President can't pardon state level convictions from what I've read. Does it even apply to Sheriff Shitfucker? Not that Donnie Dipshit won't do it anyway if Fox & Friends run a piece on it, but if it's state level wouldn't that just be more people standing around awkwardly staring at their shoes unable to carry out the diaper baby edict of the day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Gobbeldygook posted:

Joe Arpaio's case is federal, so Donnie could pardon him.

Well keep an eye on F&F morning shows I guess. That'll be a wild ride. Once he gets his greasy orange paws on pardoning I think he's gonna go hog wild.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

shame on an IGA posted:

Q: What do POTUS Trump and D&D have in common?

A: A will to compulsory depopulation of impoverished rural America

#1 Jesus gently caress reading this broke brained rear end in a top hat's mouth diarrhea hurts.

#2 "LOCK THAT BITCH UP IF SHE SAYS WE NEED A JOBS RETRAINING PROGRAM IN BUMFUCKSVILLE, NOWHERE IMMA VOTE FOR TRUMP HE'LL PROTECT ME AND HE SAID A GOOD THING ABOUT COAL HE'LL WATCH OUT FOR ME"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
At least climate change is gonna do us the favor of rinsing out our taint when it drowns Florida first before the rest of the effects kill us all.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Wait what, honest about lying? Something just broke in my brain help I can't tell what's real and what's stupid anymore where am I what's going on?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

KirbyKhan posted:

Those two paragraphs with the picture translates to "You cannot sue us for calling you Dr Evil, here is the precedent and also you look hella like Dr Evil."

That entire thing is the legal equivelant of showing up drunk on the last days before graduation after taking your final. It's so hilariously open and shut with no chance they're just making GBS threads on him more and mixing in legal speak.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Duzzy Funlop posted:

First up: The president has AGAIN donated his salary

You cannot make this poo poo up

That salary donation poo poo is so God drat stupid it shouldn't even work on children. Whoop-te-loving doo he gave what a few thousand away buying some PR? That same poo poo head is using the secret service as a rate booster on his hotels while charging the secret service rent. It's so transparent but nope, Daddy Trump is good and perfect stop criticizing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Well this is fun.

Everyone sort of expected that the Customs and Border Patrol were stonewalling Congresspeople and lawyers when the initial Travel Ban came down.

The Daily Beast got their hands on the official order for agents to do so.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/border-patrol-ordered-to-block-congressmen-during-travel-ban?via=twitter_page
Until Republicans lose their seats or decide to do something it's basically de facto legal. If nobody stops it and there's no punishment it's gonna keep happening and just get worse. I've been reading some really terrible poo poo about ICE taking the wink-and-nod orders from Trump and Sessions and just going loving buck wild with really heinous poo poo "on the ground". Like, full on white ethno-nationalist agenda stuff.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I'm all for Congress yanking Donnie's chain on Russia but holy tits does that ever sound like the wrong way to do it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Whatever it is I'm sure the fat gently caress wishes he could crank one out over the idea of people waiting to listen to something he says as it proves how important he is. Good thing he's a literal broke-dick from his hair drugs.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

No tax records and hooray Russia are the only two things I think Donnie has been consistent about the entire time.

He ain't gonna like this.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Isn't a shutdown basically inevitable at this point? It seems like a win/win for the brain dead idiot Congress critters that are hardcore ideologues. Cutting government services, destroying its ability to regulate, "starve the beast" and "drown government in the bathtub" have become articles of faith to the cult of conservatism. There's nothing in there that those kinds of whack jobs don't want.

Yeah the party as a whole gets screwed in public opinion polling every time they do it but that doesn't really seem to matter to people gerrymandered into R+ gently caress You districts or the donors that would fund even more hardcore cultists if they don't vote for it enthusiastically.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Fox News posted:

it is still pretty strong evidence of an unwell national civic culture

Yeah well who the gently caress has been fostering that civic culture of manufactured outrage and dehumanization of the other side for ratings and propaganda?

I don't give a poo poo if they're right, they're still responsible.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hopefully the world will be a better place when boomers die off. When they stop doing their level loving best to dismantle every advantage they had in the name of tax cuts they'll never see maybe we can get around to fixing poo poo for anyone south of a quarter million a year.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
loving millenials don't know how good they have it with the 2008 financial crisis they caused. Lazy bastards. Go get a job! I was man enough to walk down to the local steel mill and do an honest day's work, what about you slackers?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

There's a problem with the Army's new pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch7si_VQsGA

Whoops.

The part that gets me the most is where he outlines what the current drop tests are. It's like those tests are designed to not cause a problem. Yeah any firing like that can be unsafe but if I had to take my chances with one I can be pretty sure it would be the situation where the round goes right into the dirt over the one that wasn't tested where the round is going up at an angle.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Oh I'm sure they'll show the exact same amount of restraint next time a white cop kills an unarmed black man. Just like they have every time so far. Can't speculate, just let the facts come out.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well when the choices are "hopefully cooler heads locking poo poo down and distracting the toddler in chief with shiny rattles of positive daily briefings" or "that same pissbaby slinging around his drug-shriveled dick and risking nuclear exchange because he has less understanding of diplomacy than a loving kindergartner" then maybe there are no good choices? I'm pretty OK with kicking that can and trying again later with adults in the room compared to the alternative.

Ya know, the alternative that relies on a department of state where "gutted the place and stripped the copper out of the walls" is a laughably inadequate phrase?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Internet Wizard posted:

Oh so now the administration is listening to the IC

Rampant, unrestrained hypocrisy is about the only stable thing you can expect from this administration at this point. It's truly amazing. Orwell invented some amazing words about exactly this kind of stuff but I'm still not entirely convinced it wouldn't make him say, "poo poo dude, tone it down a bit" when he looked over the golden pissbaby's "there's a tweet for everything" history.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

And it'll work too, people really are that god drat stupid, if not outright proud of their ignorance.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Anger Mango's ego making him paint the rest of the GOP as the enemy is a pretty good outcome. If he can rip the party apart at the already straining seams we can hopefully start to unfuck things like gerrymandering with 2020 redistricting out of their control.

Assuming of course we even have elections in 2020 instead of "elections".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Genocide Tendency posted:

This is not a concern.

Remember. Congress can remove the President and Trump has.. What.. 33% support? Donnie Dumbass keeps loving around and we will have Mike Pence as the 46th President well before 2020.

A concern from Donnie? No. I agree he's basically incompetence personified and couldn't pull off a Reichstag Fire with both hands and a Molotov cocktail.

Putin would be pretty thrilled to completely rat gently caress the entire election system from the ground up and America has demonstrated pretty convincingly we have a ton of opportunists and ideologues that would hop right on board. How's that election commission coming, and what is the overall directive on election and cyber security again?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

KildarX posted:

Is it possible the only thing don man is guilty of WRT election fuckery, is that he surrounds himself with a combination of Russian plants/incompetence/ shady business men because he's an easy dude to be around if you just act like a Don man is big strong maga warrior with the most bigly hands?

Recent history is useful here. Bill Clinton was competent and politically aware and still ended up with impeachment proceedings. Trump is a loving clown that couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag with two hands, a map and a pair of scissors.

Even if we assume he's only bought and sold by Russian oligarch money funding his repeated bankruptcies and is somehow still innocent, he'll gently caress things up by flying into a narcissistic rage when the pressure starts building and welp! poo poo there's already rumblings of obstruction of justice and things are still at the approaching status of real. Put Donald in sworn testimony like they got Bill with for "perjury" and just let the broke brained fat gently caress ramble on in anger. Easiest prosecution ever.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TBeats posted:

it's one thing to throw a bunch of kids into iraq and have iraqis kill them, or for someone to get Pat Tillman'd

but if like, a few thousand troops eat nuclear fallout and kick the bucket in the process, i'm not sure you can just write that off the same way.

For most Americans, no probably not. For the Republican death cult members we have that are still loud and proud about being all aboard the MAGA Train? Eh I wouldn't be so sure. Reminder:
They will think, do, and say whatever Trump tells them today.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

at the date posted:

They misspelled "peek"?

Look closer at the contents.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

watch The Smartest Guys In The Room if you want to see how heartless people can be in the name of making money.

It's about the fall of Enron. It's on Netflix.

Highlights include laughing about senior citizens dying in the heat wave with out A/C. A conversation taken from actual recordings.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
How the bloody loving Christ does anyone read/hear Trump's constant "we don't talk about that" and "I'll discuss that later" type excuses and see it as anything other than the playground big shot bragging about bullshit he doesn't understand in the slightest?

FUUUUUUUCK PEOPLE ARE STUPID

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's sadly gonna be awhile before right wing terrorists are labeled terrorists. There's a lot of American cultural weight behind "fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here" as a charitable interpretation. (It's really racism when you stop being charitable)

White guys aren't terrorists even when they're using violence in pursuit of political goals because White. See also: Bundy Chucklefucks and the Malhuer take over. Anti government violence and threats of violence but nope, not terrorism, just good old boys standing up for their rights.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Nazis are openly murdering people in this country and the president can't work up the nerve to offend his base and condemn the terrorists. This is heartbreaking.

Think you kinda got it backwards there, he's been championing white nationalists from the day he rode down that escalator. People like Bannon and the other cronies don't see this as a bad thing, and with the Swiss cheese brain Donnie's got those cronies Wormtongue-ing to him all day means he's probably going to find some plausibly deniable way to support them.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ASAPI posted:

That was kinda what I was thinking when I mentioned a coup. It would not end well for anyone.

Sure it won't, but where else can this lead? Right wing extremists and fascists are not exactly know for their desire to de-escalate and every single one of them sees Trump as giving them permission.

In other words:

Third World Reggin posted:

things have to get worse before they get better

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Huh, Fox talking point got out loving fast on this one. Nothing to see here folks just an unfortunate scared driver why do you have to make a big political deal out of it maybe it is you who is the real Nazi for trying to victim blame some innocent scared person and besides the one person they hurt was no angel on their Facebook page in 2004.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Maybe not a terrible thing to have but holy poo poo balls is it a hard thing to have sympathy when their response to "your poo poo sucks, let's fix it" is "NO gently caress YOU THAT WOULD HELP BROWN PEOPLE".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
On the political level this is starting to feel like the beginning of The Mattering. If Donnie Dumbfuck starts to double down on being OK with Nazis because people said mean things to him that doesn't at all feel like it can slide under the radar like being a racist, misogynist hateful rear end in a top hat can in this country. There's a whole lot more room in the country than there should be that allows the latter but let's be honest about some parts of the country.

There's even been a ton of work done normalizing Russian interference and pretending that Putin's just misunderstood, give peace a chance ok? But coming out and saying "yeah I'm totes cool with Nazis. Why not?" though just feels like a bridge too far for the generally willfully ignorant of the country. Even GOP Congress critters are drawing away from that one.

I'm not prepared to say they're all doing it because of strong moral fiber, I think they can read the way the wind is blowing on public opinion when they start being confronted with really simple and direct, "why are you supporting Nazi's?" while Donnie looks ready to charge right into that Twitter slap fight.

Really, really feels like the "worse before it gets better" line is exactly what we've got coming.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Home boy going fuckin' cray cray. I really really hope this wakes people the gently caress up to reality and Congress starts taking some serious heat to impeach. I mean I'll take the 25th if it happens because holy loving poo poo nuclear dick waving and Nazis killing on US soil, but impeachment sends a much better message.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Mil culture is definitely a bunch of dick heads, but I still wouldn't worry about the decorative hate squash cancelling elections or anything. The US is super loving vulnerable to a dictatorial take over right now but in a weird way Trump may be the thing that saves us from that happening. Just because I think it would piss him off I compare him to a vaccine. Mostly useless/dead pathogens make the immune system react.

Trump is so loving incompetent that he's basically a cut rate cargo-cult dictator. He sees all the stuff the other guys do and say out loud and puts his own rear end in a top hat spin on it, completely neglecting all the work that lead up to that point. The real guys give their security, Intel and military establishments the sloppiest, most unending blow jobs day in and day out that you can imagine. Ridiculous pay, social superiority, suspension of rules/laws applying to them. Everything.

Trump has........not......done that, and holy loving poo poo balls is he EVER provoking a reaction. If he tries that poo poo things will get messy (ier) but there is nowhere near enough institutional support for him, even among the military, to out right take over.

So I really don't think we need to worry about Trump declaring himself emperor. Not saying just let him go and walk around happy about him being in office because holy gently caress look at him. I'm saying I think the really super dangerous things we need to worry about are elsewhere.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
My cold, shriveled black heart derives joy at the idea of an Obama message on Trump's favorite platform absolutely crushing Donnie Dumbfuck in popularity. Being the most popular is the single thing he cares most about and I hope it drives him (further) into a frothing rage every single day, wounding him on the deepest levels.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Protest march through the middle of Philadelphia had sign after sign that was just stuff like "gently caress you nazis". No subtlety, no flowery language. That was it, "gently caress off nazis"

Then some dork wanders in with a shirt that said "Feminism Is A Cancer". Sadly the cops swarmed around him and made him leave before he got an rear end whooping. Wouldn't have been as satisfying as a Nazi showing up because there were a pretty good amount of people with suspicious-for-the-weather black hoodies and pants but take what you can get.

Edit: Also saw a shark swarm that would have made drill sergeants jealous of someone that landed a drone and went to pick it up. Must have been some kind of guidance specifically about that. 10 or more bike police and two vehicles mobbed up on one guy that basically poo poo a brick and pulled out his ID.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 17, 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If you happen to be a piss fetishist then I guess take one for the team?

Who the gently caress are we kidding, the day after the piss tape comes out every single last loyal Fox viewer will be talking about how shameful and unamerican and against family values it is to not be into piss play.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Kicking the confederate memory in the dick is always a good idea, it just also happens to be a really good way to drive home this wedge of mind meltingly out of touch idiocy Donnie Dumbfuck is vomiting all over his own party, perfectly encapsulated in condemning the terrorist attack today of driving a vehicle through a crowd. They're gonna try like hell to support just "the president" but he's so far gone with dementia and narcissism that he'll continue loving things up for the party and constantly drag them back into his poo poo-cycle of lashing out and doubling down.

I really feel like he's a solved problem with this. Not in a clean and graceful way, mind you. Short term it's gonna make poo poo really ugly but long term Donnie's going to be the virulent plague that kills so fast it doesn't get to spread. He jumped into the Nazi take over bed way too fast without doing the ground work.

It's the 2018 elections that have me concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

Though to be clear, 75% is still pretty piss poor for a party poll.

One of the deceptive things about the party support percentage is that it's support percent of people who identify as part of that party in a poll. If you support Donnie you're much more likely to still be saying, "gently caress yeah I'm a Republican Nazis are cool! #MAGA"

If you're not exactly cool with Nazis you're suddenly going to be developing a much more nuanced position in your support for the Republican party and maybe not being quite so loud and proud about who you may or may not have voted for seven (Jesus gently caress is it really only seven?) months ago.

Assuming things happen in a straightforward, legitimate fashion in the next few elections Republicans are looking to get turbo hosed by lower turnout of the people who have those nuanced positions and a wave of people royally and righteously pissed off by what is happening.

• Locked thread