Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm not entirely sure i'm comfortable with two retired generals effectively taking over the country, but i'm much more comfortable with the situation in washington with mattis and kelly both willing to kick everyone out of the room to yell at Trump and tell him to shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MA-Horus posted:

Two retired generals in positions of power huh

I think we should give them new titles. Maybe names that refer to how they council the president.

Consul has a nice ring to it? It'd fit, considering the hard-on the founding fathers had for the Roman Republic.

Trump would call them general council and confuse everyone further.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A pardon carries with it a tacit admission of guilt and you lose all 5th amendment rights associated with the underlying crime.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TBeats posted:

As someone who was born and raised in Florida, it's got a little bit of everything you could ever want in a state. Deep south towns like Alabama. Liberal cities like NY. Spanish people like Texas. And crazy people like the White House. Most states have one, maybe two of those things. Florida has a lot of all of it.

Florida doesn't have spanish people like texas. Texas has primarily mexican hispanic while florida's hispanics are primarily not mexican. makes for different slang, conversational spanish, and food.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McNally posted:

Don't assume that Spaniards don't live in both places.

TBeats posted:

It wasn't an exact 1:1 comparison. Texas has a high population of Spanish people out of Mexico and Florida has a high population of Spanish people out of Cuba.

I'm saying that culturally the hispanic people in florida are night and day from the hispanic people in florida.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McNally posted:

I'm saying that Spanish people come from Spain.

cole was meaning hispanic not spanish. of course there are spaniards in both places, but they are small minorities in each.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

If it's a fork don't people that have bitcoin now have both, one on each fork? They are 2 independent things that aren't transferable.

Basically, but one chain will become orphaned eventually and will rapidly end up as a frisbee on the roof.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

brains posted:

pro-tier trolling filed in an actual court

their legal argument is literally anyone can say, "eat poo poo bob"

It's all accurate, cogent, and well cited as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

honestly on the grand scheme of things nothing would happen to your average american. The taliban would probably take the country back over and it will be lovely for some people who live there and probably their neighbors for a while.

For people in the states? I don't think there's anything really.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wish we could get putin transcripts but Trump deliberately turns off all recording whenever he talks to his daddy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Is beanieacres under water or was the flooding contained to just NOLA?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Third World Reggin posted:

real press sec is pretty dumb since it is just trump tweets

Its meant to convey them in their proper form since every tweet is an official statement from the president.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

shyduck posted:

Now I'm no mathemagician but this sure likes a way to sneak in a tax cut for the rich and gently caress everyone else!

Congrats you figured out republican tax policy. See also: flat tax.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Two Finger posted:

uh, so this article in the new zealand herald says that the chinese are now saying if the us strikes first, they'll step in on the nk side

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11902513

it uh

it's not good

They also said if NK launches at Guam they're on their own when the USA retaliates. Basically they said they're not going to back whoever throws the first punch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

shyduck posted:

I hate this piece of poo poo

He still won't condemn actual loving nazis.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's a rare day that I find myself agreeing with Marco loving Rubio.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/896483980857532416

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Twitter's CEO is an alt-right proud boy and they've been harboring nazis since it's inception. twitter specifically has an api user flag that prevents that person's tweets from being displayed in France or Germany because of anti-nazi laws.

Also look at loving lovely people on local news articles and youtube comment boards and such. The nazis haven't ever been especially quiet on the internet. The trumpenreich has definitely made them more open and bold, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The president finally came out to condemn the nazis. Ohwait, no, he didn't. He still is pushing that everyone is bad and I take his speech that the DOJ is going to be slamming down on counterprotesters hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0y55BVXffY&t=1305s

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

RFC2324 posted:

It looks like he is blinding each eye separately. Like a lizard :tinfoil:

But seriously, your eyes not blinking in unison is a strong indicator of some pretty severe brain dysfunction.

He's squinting to read the teleprompter because he's blind.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So the shithead nazi site the daily stormer got told by godaddy today they had 24 hours to find a new host and then anonymous took down the godaddy page and put up a THIS PAGE TAKEN DOWN BY ANON with screed to follow. They ended up moving the site to google and brought it back up post hack. Then just now google told them they're not welcome there either and to find new hosting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Do you have to justify a pardon?

No. He can pardon anyone of any federal offense (outside of impeachment) willy nilly.

Casimir Radon posted:

Donnie's statement is still weak as gently caress and makes it sound like he's equating the Nazis with ANTIFA groups.

In positive developments so far:
One Nazi lost his job for marching.
One Nazi tried to say that he isn't a racist when his name was exposed, and then a bunch of his classmates dunked on him because of course he's a racist who has shot his mouth off a lot.
One dad came out to denounce his Nazi son, told him he wasn't welcome at home anymore, and went on to say he might as well shove his parents into the oven while he's at it.

It was absolutely an equivocation speech and I full expect that the DoJ will be cracking down on all the violent racist counterprotestors first.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The things to remember about a pardon - the president can only pardon federal crimes, a pardon comes with a tacit admission of guilt, and the pardoned person loses any 5th amendment rights for any of the activities covered by the pardon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

VA governor said part of the reason the police did not show up in riot gear to start the day saturday and why they did not engage and disperse the nazis sooner was because the rally was more heavily armed than the police were capable.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

at the date posted:

He did at about 24:30. Specifically mentions and condemns the KKK, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists.

He the equivocates them with others which most certainly includes BLM etc. The fact that he can't say anything without false equivalence is telling.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Was just coming to post that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

YOU DONT SAY: http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/14/fbi-and-dhs-warned-of-growing-threat-from-white-supremacists-months-ago/

The FBI and DHS sent Trump warnings in may that we were going to see a rise in violent white extremism this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

If you're naming it for Sherman, it needs flames.

:laffo: What a loving moron.

He stuck his hand up her skirt and squeezed her rear end in the middle of a loving photoshoot. Moron is an understatement.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So for those not caught up, Trump just retweeted this alt-right shitheel nazi bitching and moaning about chicago crime statistics. He is infamous for being a pizzagate supporter and for bringing a RAPE MELANIA sign to a trump protest in order to try to paint anti-trump people as violent psychos.

He was of course MAGAing saturday at the rally in his proudboy uniform (khakis, tucked in polo, MAGA hat) and throwing up heil trumps with the rest of them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's 100% real because buzzfeed would get the gently caress sued out of them otherwise.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

that loving q&a

I don't see how the loving 25th hasn't been invoked yet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He's out of his mind and he's defending god damned nazis.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He was spewing the pre-planned alt right defense lines almost word for loving word. These were things that people had prepped in advance that they started shouting in unison the moment the jackass ran over everyone. Trump just sat there and responded to questions in the exact same loving language.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mike-o posted:

Hey Duzzy so when is the Bundeswehr going to come liberate the US and kill some loving nazis or do we have to wait for the US to invade Canada and Mexico first?

Hey now the president is just securing us the best trade deals with our northern and southern neighbors.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you haven't watched the embedded vice video from the poo poo on Saturday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dick Spencer's UF speaking event has been canceled.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status/897879774449872901

Good to hear, he's a stain on Navy Intelligence and the fact he's a mustang makes it even worse.

He could be a mustang like buttplug is a mustang. I don't know his enlisted background, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

:wtf: buttplug was prior enlisted?

buttplug was a part of a college program where he got e5 pay and was technically active duty while attending school although he was never really enlisted.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

Yeah I made E-5 pay at OTS and got a DD214 for it, dated the day before I commissioned. I'd be a special kind of tard to claim to be a prior.

this was an actual 2-3 year program. By the time one commissions through those they've already got 2-3 years of active time.

were you not around in the old A/T days? Not to say I wasn't a special kind of retarded back then, myself.

In actual current events, Dr. Dave subtweeting the president along with the joint chiefs.

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/897927615511543808

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

How's Russia taking the public marriage of Trump to nazis? The answer, not well.

https://twitter.com/alexey__kovalev/status/898072529650188289

https://twitter.com/alexey__kovalev/status/898073498589028352

https://twitter.com/alexey__kovalev/status/898074774240415744

https://twitter.com/alexey__kovalev/status/898075326563180545

https://twitter.com/alexey__kovalev/status/898076033630564352

https://twitter.com/alexey__kovalev/status/898076460602339328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LingcodKilla posted:

He actually hasnt said our attack was terror based yet has he?

He's still waiting on all the details before he says the words.

• Locked thread