Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

hi i wasn't going to get any more FMW art but then Mefomefo needed a new computer and I realized meeko would be perfect in the mef style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Thank you for your contribution to this no bullying zone where no sheep bullying is allowed.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
:siren::siren::siren:
Gaiden 1

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
ayy lmao it's that time again, for the first time in forever

We've got 80.0 Cost to work with, so have fun.

Daiyousei
Sunny
Luna
Star

Elly
Kurumi
Rumia
Cirno
Koakuma
Letty
Chen
Lily White
Lunasa
Merlin
Lyrica
Wriggle
Mystia
Tewi
Medicine
Shizuha
Minoriko
Hina
Nitori
Kisume
Yamame
Parsee
Nazrin
Kogasa
Shou
Raysen

Alice
Meiling
Patchouli
Sakuya
Youmu
Keine
Reisen
Komachi
FA Nitori
Momiji
Aya
Hatate
Sanae
Iku
Rin
Satori
Koishi
Ichirin
Murasa
Shou (Pagoda)
Nue

Yumeko
Reimu
Ran
Mokou
Tenshi
Yuugi

Mima
Yuuka
Remilia
Flandre Scarlet
Yuyuko
Yukari
Suika
Eirin
Kaguya
Eiki
Kanako
Suwako
Utsuho
Byakuren
Yorihime
Toyohime
Hisoutensoku

Shinki

...I still can't loving believe Sanbondo doesn't let you play as Meeko or Makura for this.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mokou 77

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I didn't expect the extra maps to have actual story to it, even if its mostly just an excuse plot to reuse the moon chapters with a full crew. It's cute.

Well we gotta get Eiki 73.5

quote:

This is outside the Kaian corridor. I'm sure you won't be discovered by the guardian.
To Sanbondo's dying breath, they shall curse Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Bring in Yuuka so that she can make a flower of despair out of some moon rabbits. 70.0 cost left.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Yeah, I guess I should mention these are almost literally just chapters 47-49, but now we have our full team.

I don't think characters have any unique dialogue based on who you pick, if that influences your decisions.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Huh, there's still more? I thought this was over. I'm surprised.

We got Hisoutensoku back, needless to say he should get his share of fun. 66.5 left.

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
Byaks leaving 63

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

We gotta bring the moon crew back to the moon.

Kaguya, leaving 59.5.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tewi, 57.5

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Was wondering if you'd do these. Well I was thinking Yorihime to have her fight herself, but given timing it has to be...

Mima, 54.0

SirSystemError fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 9, 2019

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Alice for 51.5

I thought I was finally going to vote Mima, but no such luck. It's going to be fun when we vote in somebody with no levels or upgrades.

Ardeem fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jun 9, 2019

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Tenshi for 48.5

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Bring Intergalactic Batttleship Mom Shinki for 44.5

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lily White for 42.5

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Hina for 40.5 remaining.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Aki 1 as always, leaving 38.5.

Marbychu
Apr 16, 2018
Alright it's back! Was wondering if you were gonna do the bonus chapters. I'll read it in a sec, just wanted to get my vote out first.

Sanae is my vote as always, leaving 36

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Yaaaaay more FMW! Bring the queen of UFOs to the Moon. Nue 33.5.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
FA Nitori leaves 31 if I'm not mistaken.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Cirno leaves 29, then.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Yorihime, leaving 25.5

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yamame for 23.5

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sakuya brings it down to 21.

She may or may not be from the moon after all.

Buried Treasure
Oct 23, 2008
Adding Raysen to bring it down to 19

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Daiyousei 17.5

Also Fantasy Maiden Wars Complete Box coming out this summer comiket.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'm looking forward to all of our work being rendered completely irrelevant.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Golden Battler posted:

Sanbondo looking at you like

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Golden Battler posted:

jokes going to be on you when there's a "SA_Edit_This_For_Easy_Translation" file!

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

I'll vote put in a vote for Youmu, which puts us at 15.

Also, slightly tangential, but I tracked down an English-patched copy of Fantasy Maiden Wars 2(? P? You? Mystic?), and everyone's Spirit lists are bugged. For some reason, they're all completely empty, and opening their Spirit list causes the game to crash. Apparently there are update patches, but I can't seem to find them. Is this an issue anyone has run into before?

Friendofdean
Aug 21, 2015
Our favorite Nuclear Apocalypse-in-a-can Utsuho please! That leaves us with 11.5.

lightrook posted:

Also, slightly tangential, but I tracked down an English-patched copy of Fantasy Maiden Wars 2(? P? You? Mystic?), and everyone's Spirit lists are bugged. For some reason, they're all completely empty, and opening their Spirit list causes the game to crash. Apparently there are update patches, but I can't seem to find them. Is this an issue anyone has run into before?

I had that problem as well when I first tried to move to FMW2 from the first game. For me it was caused by my copy not being updated to the correct version for the translation patch, which meant that I needed to go searching through the games' old website for the correct patches. Through Google Translate. It took a couple of months and several attempts for me to figure out what was wrong.

I digress. I would suggest checking your game's version number. If it isn't v1.20 then search for an appropriate set of patches on Sanbondo's website. Also make sure the patches you get update your game from your current version to to the correct version. I had a few problems with that too.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Friendofdean posted:

I had that problem as well when I first tried to move to FMW2 from the first game. For me it was caused by my copy not being updated to the correct version for the translation patch, which meant that I needed to go searching through the games' old website for the correct patches. Through Google Translate. It took a couple of months and several attempts for me to figure out what was wrong.

I digress. I would suggest checking your game's version number. If it isn't v1.20 then search for an appropriate set of patches on Sanbondo's website. Also make sure the patches you get update your game from your current version to to the correct version. I had a few problems with that too.

Thanks for the suggestion! One or both of patching the game and getting LocaleEmulator seemed to fix things for now.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Since no one is talking about anything else right now: Sanbondo had been posting tidbits about FMW Complete Box on twitter, and so far he's revealed the following stuff:

-The battlefield UI had been changed so the units are no longer yukkuri flying touhou heads, but tiny full body portraits. Also, the game can be made to display HP bars on top of them so you can easily see the current status of all units on the field (he wasn't very clear on what makes the bars appear)
-There will be an auto-load function that lets you rewind to the start of each turn or the start of battle. Kinda like a less powerful but infinitely usable Mila's Turnwheel.
-The top three kill count units will appears on intermission screen with different poses. Also, this wasn't actually talked about, but the one of the screenshots shows the difficulty as "Normal+" so it appears that the sub-difficulties in Yume are back.
-Bonus WP conditions are reworded to be "EX missions" because they no longer give bonus WP when you accomplish them; they're just extra objectives to meet as a challenge now. Stages will just give you a fixed amount of WP when you complete them (the wording kind of suggests that it may not be the same amount per stage across the entire game).

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Gaiden 2

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'm probably just gunna stick with the party we've already got, unless someone REALLY wants to change their vote or whatever.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Oh yeah, and I'd like to thank special guest petrichor for helping to translate this chapter.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ultra Super EX Yorihime seems just completely unfun? Slowly whittling away her giant wall of HP and stats for 5 healthbars (because if you're doing this at all let's face it you're trying to capture it) even if you have full maxed out stats

I know it's something you have to opt into but compared with beefing up Yorihime in FMW3 this doesn't seem like even an interesting challenge, just a slog where it's easy to gently caress up

Props for completing it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
To be honest I had never done that fight before, so walking up to Yorihime with Reimu and seeing 0% to hit was like "oh... poo poo". I spent half the fight treating it as a throwaway attempt, but it turns out that it's just kind of a slog no matter what you do.

About the only forethought I put into chapter was putting that PS on Yamame since I remembered Takemikazuchi was a thing. Otherwise, my entire strategy was figured out basically on-the-fly. Luckily having maxed out unit upgrades left me with just enough leeway to do that - if not for the cheats, it'd have been a gigantic pain in the rear end.