Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Jesus that was insane.

I'm sad Cirno never got to make a final blow. Was she at least useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
All that work and that piece of poo poo Yorihime STILL doesn't go down? I hate Lunarians. Why doesn't Reimu just grab something impure, go into floating out of reality mode, and then put that into Yorihime's body? Pretty sure you wouldn't want to summon the gods if YOU'RE impure.

Anyways, good LP. Good game.

Any game with canonical YukaYuyu is great.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I've caught myself thinking "that doesn't seem so bad for a double secret superbo- oh wait those are all fully upgraded units, holy poo poo." multiple times reading this.

It amuses me that Yuuka continued to give zero fucks by the end. She cannot be killed. Deal with it.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Meeko route real.

I guess I get why Yorihime is such a slog, it pretty much follows their usual idea of "lunatic is for that class of player who wants to push the game to the limit" to its logical conclusion. But idunno maybe that sort of difficulty will be more tolerable in complete when the game autosaves for you all the time.

Probably not, but I guess that's what normal/hard+ is for.

Friendofdean
Aug 21, 2015
Personally I'm looking forward to FMW Complete allowing you to do full New Game Plus runs so I can finally play through Lunatic without feeling as though my brain will melt out of my ears before I finish the first few stages by pumping everybody full of upgrades and skills. I've always wanted a Super Robot Wars game where the enemies use their spirit lists intelligently, so this series' lunatic mode would have been great for me if the enemies hadn't been given hyper-inflated stats as well. As it is I played through on Hard and I still had a lot of problems, especially in Mystic with Ran and Yukari.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

nyttyn posted:

Meeko route real.

I guess I get why Yorihime is such a slog, it pretty much follows their usual idea of "lunatic is for that class of player who wants to push the game to the limit" to its logical conclusion. But idunno maybe that sort of difficulty will be more tolerable in complete when the game autosaves for you all the time.

Probably not, but I guess that's what normal/hard+ is for.

I always feel like there's a disconnect between how Lunatic actually is in touhou games and what every fangame interprets Lunatic as

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
What a slog. Everyone on the moon is a cheating jerk.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

How much of the difficulty of that was pushing all the "Make Fight Harder" buttons during the dialogue choices? Did that affect anything besides how much Power the boss starts with?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Zereth posted:

How much of the difficulty of that was pushing all the "Make Fight Harder" buttons during the dialogue choices? Did that affect anything besides how much Power the boss starts with?

I took the omega yorihime breakdown to mean all the beefed up levels, stats and abilities mentioned are because of the buttons pressed.

And otherwise she'd just be like how she was in FMW3 but with higher levels

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Zereth posted:

Unit upgrades: Alpha Yorihime gets +50%, while Beta and Omega gets +100% (+70% on Easy). To compare, compared to normal, Easy is -20%, Hard is +50%, and Lunatic is +100%, while the sub-difficulties are -20%,+0% and +40% respectively.

Level: Normally Yorihime is level 85, but enraging her makes her level 90/95/99 respectively.

Skills: Normal Yorihime gets Blocking L3 and no Re-attack. Alpha gets Prevail+ L3 and Re-attack L1; Beta gets Prevail+ L6 and Re-Attack L2; Omega gets Prevail+ L9 and Re-Attack L9.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I don't fully understand all those numbers but it sounds like it's much more manageable if you don't press ever single "MAKE GAME HARDER" button.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Yeah just to be clear I deliberately chose to fight the hardest possible version of that fight just to show it off. The normal version is much more doable.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Zereth posted:

I don't fully understand all those numbers but it sounds like it's much more manageable if you don't press ever single "MAKE GAME HARDER" button.

If you just compare omega Yorihime on normal to normal Yorihime on normal: Omega Yorihime has +100% HP, 500 more MP (nobody cares), 100 more mobility and 1000 more armor, as well as +1200 base power on al weapons across the board, plus another +1200 on Hi-no-Kagutsuchi after Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto activates. She will also be at level 99 instead of 85 - I'm not really sure the exact difference because I don't have a complete stat chart, but it's probably somewhere around the neighborhood of +15%ish to accuracy and evade as well as all around better offense/defense. She also gets Prevail+ L9 instead of Blocking L3, which is infinitely more dangerous (especially during Take-mikazuchi) and unbypassable since Fury no longer ignores Prevail/Instinct Dodge (unlike in Ei), and Re-Attack L2 instead of nothing.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
The official PV for Fantasy Maiden Wars Complete Box is out.

Notable stuff includes:

New portraits and cut-ins!

A fancy menu, and items sorted by purpose!

A (unofficial) map of Gensokyo!

Shitloads of improvements to the UI!

Changes to early chapters! (I THINK that bottom screenshot is Chapter 3, but Nitori's not there, the map is different, and the dialogue doesn't match... so who knows?)

THE AKI SISTERS GET SUCH ANA AMAZING CUT-IN HOLY poo poo :supaburn:

E: oh, and perhaps most importantly, they actually used the term Fantasy Maiden Wars in the video title. This marks the first time in the series that they've actually used our fan translation instead of just romanizing it as Genso Shojo Wars.

So, y'know. That's pretty dang neat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hmm strange, I didn't see Miko in that trailer.....

Though, I'm very happy for my good friends, the Akis.

nutjung
Aug 10, 2019
So hype for the complete box.

What are x0.95, x1.12, and flame symbols in this picture? I don't recall any of these before.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Golden Battler posted:

E: oh, and perhaps most importantly, they actually used the term Fantasy Maiden Wars in the video title. This marks the first time in the series that they've actually used our fan translation instead of just romanizing it as Genso Shojo Wars.

So, y'know. That's pretty dang neat.

nice guess the satori/koishi chapter left an impression

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nutjung posted:

So hype for the complete box.

What are x0.95, x1.12, and flame symbols in this picture? I don't recall any of these before.
The x.095 and x1.12 are probably just total damage modifiers as a result of skills/status effects. The flames are probably just how many health bars Yuyuko has left.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

The x.095 and x1.12 are probably just total damage modifiers as a result of skills/status effects. The flames are probably just how many health bars Yuyuko has left.

If it was healthbars, shouldn't the UI have 4 flames (one for each spellcard, with 2 blanked out) instead of 3?

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Flames might represent number of turns left on the card?

Double post: Also, the screenshot with Reimu, Marisa, Alice and Keine isn't chapter 3 I think. The subtitle there says there will be new songs and new stories, so it may very well be something new.

RegalStar fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 10, 2019

nutjung
Aug 10, 2019

Endorph posted:

I don't think there are any skills that have that kind of multiply currently so I expect something new.

RegalStar posted:

This might be the case.

nutjung fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 10, 2019

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Soon the entire world shall accept the Aki Sisters into their lives as I have.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I'm sharing Super InazumAkis Kick with all my nerd SRW/2hu adjacent circles to spread the spirit of autumn.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
From the posts of a Chinese person watching a livestream somewhere:

(It says Child of Miare: Increase all stats and dealt damage based on number of library entries collected)

Other things:
-Firefly Gem gives Night S now. No word on the other terrain items yet.
-It now uses the system where everyone starts with half SP and regenerates them per turn
-Bombs do fixed 2500 damage now
-You can use spirits on enemy turns. No word on whether they can do the same on your turns on Lunatic, and the person didn't really elaborate how that works either
-Sakuya's Stage Yuuka no longer has Double Image (on normal at least)
-There's an extra filler stage after Remilia's stage, apparently (that's where the Kosuzu/Akyuu pics are from)
-The game crashed and couldn't jump to You

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
So, now it plays more like a current gen SRW? Cool.

*edit* it seems to be the thing to do.

Ardeem fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 13, 2019

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

wow kozusu gets in before kasen what a snub

hell yeah playable akyu tho

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

So apparently in FMW Complete, you can indeed get Akyuu as a fully playable unit. She needs to reach the flowers in stage 4 Reimu, and then after stage 50 you'll get an option to keep things as they normally are, or take her off the Palaquin and become a unit. You also get Kosuzu as a subpilot in the latter case.

There's seemingly no way to get her on Marisa route given that requirement, which is at least nice in how it gives Reimu's route something unique.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Completed the game. You get a nice, fancy CLEARED stamp on the character you beat the game with. The game tells you at the end that more content to come in a future patch.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

How does Complete handle Sakuya's "route", by the way

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

rannum posted:

How does Complete handle Sakuya's "route", by the way

No idea. I haven't unlocked it yet and I've gotten through Kou on both, so I'll report back if clearing Marisa's route too unlocks it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Honestly, the most important part of Complete Box is that everyone has a million new facial expressions that show up in dialog.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

RegalStar posted:

Oh yeah, turns out the flames represent how much damage the enemy will do to you if they hit. 0 Flames means negligible, like less than 100, 1 Flame means less than half your current HP, 2 Flames means more than half your current HP, and 3 Flames means you are dead, the end.

These flames are incredibly reliable: the damage rolls seem to be made before the attack even happens (and enemies can't crit, apparently). So if it says 2 Flames you will Not Die, no question, and you can safely attack. Even if it leave you at exactly 1 HP. Basically the flames make it possible to play much closer to the edge of death. Since it tells you what exactly you're risking with that 40% dodge chance.

They don't account for enemy Support Attacks though.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

The game does something cool as well: Every time you finish a part, every unit you have is automatically leveled up to a threshold, along with a few bonuses. However, as a tradeoff, the Training function no longer exists.
Kou: 300,000 money, 100 WP the Scarlet Soul (which is now 1.2x instead of 1.1x), a Sake, a Auto Hint, and everyone is leveled up to at least 13.
You: 500,000 money, 110 WP the Mystic Memory, the Portable Gap, everyone is leveled up to at least 30, and you can upgrade units stats up to rank 7.
The Reimu v Marisa showdown levels up everyone to a minimum of 36
Ei: 1 million money, 120 WP the Exceeded Eternity, everyone is brought up to at least level 52, and you can upgrade units stats up to max rank.
Yume: 10 million money, 100 WP, and...the absolutely disgusting item in the image below. A unconditional +1 action.

The item you receive from defeating Yorihime now grants +100 SP. You also get two of them, as Yorihime herself comes with one a la the sunflower, though I'm not sure if it was already like that.
The bonus money from Yuuka is either heavily reduced or no longer exists. I wasn't paying attention, but I certainly did not have even 1 million points when I was done with it.

Less good: You need every single interlude to 100% the library. There are 441 interludes. Nnnot sure they were thinking on that one.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 18, 2019

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

nyttyn posted:

The game does something cool as well: Every time you finish a part, every unit you have is automatically leveled up to a threshold, along with a few bonuses. However, as a tradeoff, the Training function no longer exists.
Kou: 300,000 money, 100 WP the Scarlet Soul (which is now 1.2x instead of 1.1x), a Sake, a Auto Hint, and everyone is leveled up to at least 13.
You: 500,000 money, 110 WP the Mystic Memory, the Portable Gap, everyone is leveled up to at least 30, and you can upgrade units stats up to rank 7.
The Reimu v Marisa showdown levels up everyone to a minimum of 36
Ei: 1 million money, 120 WP the Exceeded Eternity, everyone is brought up to at least level 52, and you can upgrade units stats up to max rank.
Yume: 10 million money, 100 WP, and...the absolutely disgusting item in the image below. A unconditional +1 action.

The item you receive from defeating Yorihime now grants +100 SP. You also get two of them, as Yorihime herself comes with one a la the sunflower, though I'm not sure if it was already like that.
The bonus money from Yuuka is either heavily reduced or no longer exists. I wasn't paying attention, but I certainly did not have even 1 million points when I was done with it.

Less good: You need every single interlude to 100% the library. There are 441 interludes. Nnnot sure they were thinking on that one.

The interludes are those save conversations that blitz transcribed in Kou, right?

That's...a lot. I assume they're random and can double up?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

If you play on Marisa's route, Koishi temporarily joins your party in Chapters 25 and 29.

However, this causes a bug way later in Chapter 64 when she joins your party for real, because now she's considered a returning character instead of a new character. Which means she starts completely un-upgraded and only with however much PP you managed to earn in those chapters. She's leveled up to 52 (the level everyone jumps up to at the beginning of Dream, but way underleveled for this point in the game), but most damningly she still has her old ??? skill (which does nothing) permanently wasting a skill slot.

Please fix Koishi, Mr. Sanbondo.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It seems they really struggled to push this game out by Summer Comiket, not to mention the mixup that ended up with them not even getting their physical copies on time (they had to give codes out instead I heard). Their Twitter is nothing but apologies and new patch releases. If nothing else, at least they're getting a lot of free testing/QA right now from all the dedicated fans.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Actually, characters who were once uncontrollable NPCs temporarily joining seems to be a thing in general with Complete Box. I noticed from watching a stream that you have full control of Kurumi on Chapter 12, and in fact when the streamer finished the level, Kurumi was among their top aces.

Don't know if others are affected by the bug as well, but if so they certainly aren't to the extent Koishi is.

SirSystemError fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 19, 2019

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Confirmed you can't get akyu even when killing all the fairies in the gaiden chapter in Marisa's route. Instead you get Lily Black, a dozen or so chapters after that. Whom is still utterly underwhelming.

To some extent I want to say this is a bug because I'm in disbelief that they'd make Lily Black, of all things, exclusive to a route.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
How does distribution of the Complete Box work anyway? Will it eventually be on sale somewhere that isn't Comiket?

Edit: specifically, available outside Japan, via download.

Prism fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Prism posted:

How does distribution of the Complete Box work anyway? Will it eventually be on sale somewhere that isn't Comiket?

Edit: specifically, available outside Japan, via download.

From what I can tell it generally takes a couple of month for these games to appear on download sale sites. There are lots of bugs to iron out, and the whole postgame is "please wait for future updates!" currently, so the game still has a way to go.