Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

4:50: No ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

In regards to the game showing really obvious stuff, I have to wonder if their target audience are really kids that haven't played many videogames in the past.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

GamesAreSupernice posted:

With a Teen rating and the game's style of humor, I wouldn't think so. Even if it were geared toward children new to games, "Hit the boss with your hammer" is tragically unhelpful.

Ratings mean jack poo poo, though. Malice's era is the era where parents were clueless as to what they actually meant, and it's not like people understand them today, if we are being honest. Plus, it's not like people only start video gaming when they are at the ERSB's E level.

The style of humor I can chalk it up for the writers wanting to have something for the parents that are in the room together with the kid. Note that I'm not saying that it has any humor for the kid or for the supposed parent.

I will give you the last one, though. If someone has stuck around for this long in this game then they should already know that you have to apply hammer to enemy.

As for Malice's VA I wonder if she was supposed to be voiced by Gwen Stefani but they had to scramble to find a replacement VA and just grabbed the one girl that showed up for the audition or something. I'll give you that the level design is unispired as all hell, but the world has so much charm, which is then promptly drained by that VA.

• Locked thread