Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I got at least this far as I remember that hammer being really cool. I love the way it animates as you swipe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I didn't beat either of them. I got stuck at Vexx's final boss and stopped Malice shortly after this point. I also played the beginning of Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles, and liked the aesthetic but that one was just too hard.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I think I just lost interest after the clockwork world. Can't remember why.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I think overall my favourite thing about old average/below-average quality games that aren't hilariously bad is the sense of discovery. You are seeing levels that there are no youtube videos of, maybe one half-written gamefaqs guide, but it's mostly your experience. Until you bite the bullet and LP it, it's like a little secret between you and a long-dead developer, where you can note "Wow, this level is interestingly designed, even if the platforming is overly awkward. I still want to see the levels ahead, so I'll push on."

Really bad games get hundreds of people ironically LPing them, like Sonic 06, really good games get thousands of people making gifs and discussing them, but average games feel like the electronic equivalent of archaeology - a forgotten piece of history that gives context to a greater whole.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 4, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I liked the idea of that ending, it could have shown Malice's full power as she restored all life to her world. Just a little more oomph and it could have been kinda majestic, even games with stories steeped in irony need a little sincerity to solidify their foundation and let you actually get into the characters.

• Locked thread