Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

spasticColon posted:

Is there a way to play the open beta without having to pre-order the game?

I did using my vaunted e-connections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

spasticColon posted:

By preordering you only access the early part of the beta, you can play the (IIRC) final 2 days of the beta without preordering.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Lmao, can't budget out the preorder this month - gotta finish making payments on the new Wizdick 420 grafx card to get those fippies (FPS (frames per second))

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Lmao, can't budget out the preorder this month - gotta finish making payments on the new Wizdick 420 grafx card to get those fippies (FPS (frames per second))[citation needed]

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Also never admit in games that you preorder games.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Why would they put out destiny 2 when destiny 1 still has 7 more years of support?

Seems kinda weird to me.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Double Monocle posted:

Why would they put out destiny 2 when destiny 1 still has 7 more years of support?

Seems kinda weird to me.

It's Bungie+Activision's way to teabag all the Bungie fanbase.
Also notorious director Luke Smith (a.k.a. ABGD's secret persona) wanted to retcon the game and completely write off the Queen and The Exo Stranger to allow his waifu spoiler Xur /spoiler the get the spotlight of d2.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure if I regret preordering the season pass for the division or wildlands more

I almost said mass effect but I guess I just bought the one that came with special pants for Ryder

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

limaCAT posted:

You consumer whores what are you doing?

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/destiny-2-expansions-could-be-as-important-as-the-/1100-6452262/

Pre-ordering a game in 2017, after No Man's Sky! Shame on you all.

I'm sure they someone also said that Mass Effect Andromeda sales were "very strong" at some point too.

lol if anyone is preordering this recycled trash

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Actually buying a game after it comes out and you research the reviews indicates that money is a thing for you and you're peasant-tier lmao

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How long have you been job hunting?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Actually buying a game after it comes out and you research the reviews indicates that money is a thing for you and you're peasant-tier lmao

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm not sure if I regret preordering the season pass for the division or wildlands more

I almost said mass effect but I guess I just bought the one that came with special pants for Ryder

Best Buy sent me a $60 reward for having a credit card a month or two before Andromeda came out, so I used it on that. I didn't even spend my own money on that heap of poo poo, and it's still the worst preorder I've ever made, at least off the top of my head.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
* ~ | preorder safe zone | ~ *

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Buy me SAFEZONE or GO TO HELL

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

spasticColon posted:

Follow me on Twitch! I have two codes to give away!! The first code will be raffled off when I get to 1,000 followers, and if you're a patreon subscriber you'll be automatically entered into a patreon subscriber only raffle!!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

Follow me on Twitch! I have two codes to give away!! The first code will be raffled off when I get to 1,000 followers, and if you're a patreon subscriber you'll be automatically entered into a patreon subscriber only raffle!!

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwuzzup guardians

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I'm like Dennis in the ep of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY where they go on that Family Feud show and he physically breaks down at the sound of the buzzer, only the buzzer is the couple times I've accidentally had to hear Ms5000Watts' opening ~*Hyyyyuuuuuuuuulllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:suicide:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Can we get some hype in the thread plz?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hell yeah some HYPE

Hating
Your
Pre
ordEr

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I thought the beta pvp was terrific fun, felt great, and am excited for the balancing that's coming upon release. I super dig the vast array of stuff to do out on patrol now. The campaign and how ostensibly each class has a different second act as our Stellas get their grooves back is cool poo poo and having reason to play all three characters is primo, and I'm quite hype on the expansions being on the slate as Bungie seems to have set themselves up to develop easily and release consistently. Also, just thinking about how awesome live events could be in D2 has my wallet ready to start ejaculating.

Nothing but good vibes here :discourse:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

el B posted:

Can we get some hype in the thread plz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGYIbQ70W5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxn4pIV41xQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zSx7BtKzSo

Orv
May 4, 2011
Maybe there just shouldn't be Destiny threads.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No the threads are cool and good as long as you are sufficiently sarcastic about everything.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
mods pls add an asterisk after steaming in the thread title

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we're going to play

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

eonwe posted:

we're going to play

3 weeks! :buddy:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

3 weeks.... :negative:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMUJ61jT4eY

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Really excited everyone

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The TTK in that trailer is so off from everything we saw in the D2 beta, and it looks even faster than D1. Really wonder if that's a more recent build or just something they mocked up to make the trailer more exciting.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
There were also a lot of power weapons being used, I saw a bunch of grenade launchers and rockets

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lies? In my Advertising?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Well there was stuff like a sniper doing over 300 damage on a body shot, or shoulder charge doing 180+40 damage and oneshotting someone.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Cinara posted:

Well there was stuff like a sniper doing over 300 damage on a body shot, or shoulder charge doing 180+40 damage and oneshotting someone.

Some, maybe all, snipers as a heavy will ohk body shot. The Shoulder Charge victim had taken damage already. Other stuff, Hunter one tap then melee kill, it was a charged melee. Same with one of the Warlock kills.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6sey3n/massive_breakdown_of_the_competitive_multiplayer/

Just going based off that and my personal experiences with the D2 beta. The edit at the top makes the most sense, with LL causing damage differences you wouldn't normally see.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Individual values could be attributed to LL but the footage plays just as the D2 beta did, nothing deviating from how kills occur. If they depicted ohk melee kills or something, weird, but as is you could do pretty much all that in the beta. It may look more exciting and fast-paced but everything show was team vs team, no Lone Wolf. People die very fast when multiple people are shooting them so Idk, I think it looks pretty much the same.

And that makes me happy. Speed up super regen by 10%, give grenades 5% more damage, some other light tuning people sperged about, we should be sitting pretty.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

gonna play this and gonna guilt my friends into playing it too cause iv had to buy so many scrub tier games to play with them

how much is this game gonna be like best PC game: ck2? can you brew a baby into a flying potion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

nopantsjack posted:

gonna play this and gonna guilt my friends into playing it too cause iv had to buy so many scrub tier games to play with them

how much is this game gonna be like best PC game: ck2? can you brew a baby into a flying potion?

Probably not because I feel like that's something that should have been included with the Taken King dlc. BUT, If Eris Morn is in D2, then maybe. You never know what kind of cooky side quest she'll send you on

• Locked thread