Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Jack B Nimble posted:

What energy weapon, if any, will combine with my actium war rig and sins of the past to make me never reload anything?

I understand sturm and drang kinda do this but I'm talking more about any energy rares or exotics that passively reload, or gain ammo in mag on kill, stuff like that

Alternately, if that's a no go, where can I focus my attention to get a fast reloading energy hand cannon?

Minuet-42 is an energy handcannon with the dropmag perk. Super fast reloading, but you lose any remaining ammo in it when you reload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Oh, haha, of course. I guess I could run two auto rifles, never really occurred to me. One issue is they dont actually reload from the rig unless out right? So doubling up is less effective?

Edit :Oooo I think I just got one of those minuet guns and this may be exactly what could give me a break from Sun shot.

Outlaw is cool but I flub the headshot under pressure and tilt.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 4, 2017

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Jack B Nimble posted:

Alternately, if that's a no go, where can I focus my attention to get a fast reloading energy hand cannon?

Annual Skate has Outlaw.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jack B Nimble posted:

Oh, haha, of course. I guess I could run two auto rifles, never really occurred to me. One issue is they dont actually reload from the rig unless out right? So doubling up is less effective?

Oooo I think I just got one of those minuet guns and this may be exactly what could give me a break from Sun shot.

Yup. Also I noticed I run out super quick if I use double ARs, so I suggest something ammo conservative in one of the slots. Something like a manannan sr4, a sunshot, or any decent pulse/scout rifle.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

isk posted:

Annual Skate has Outlaw.

This: If you want a fast loading energy hand cannon, the Outlaw perk is what you want. Really good.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
If you hate reloading, there's also those exotic Titan boots that automatically reload SMGs when you return them to your holster. Use two SMGs and you can freely switch between the two, if you don't mind using a fairly mediocre weapon class.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jack B Nimble posted:

Edit :Oooo I think I just got one of those minuet guns and this may be exactly what could give me a break from Sun shot.

Outlaw is cool but I flub the headshot under pressure and tilt.
As a heads up, Graverobber has a cooldown on the effect. Free ammo is great, and I've seen 10-14 ammo back depending on what gun I'm using with it. However relying on it is the fast track to running out of ammo faster than ever, particularly when up against stuff that will barely survive a melee attack from full health.

"Oh, I'll just rush in, and alternate between shooting people in the dick and punching them to death!-Why is my magazine empty?"

But keep the cooldown in mind, and it will be a huge help treating it as a bonus rather than something to rely on. And an assault rifle will get more mileage out of it than an SMG thanks to hitting harder per bullet.

Energy handcannon wise, now that I have both, I still prefer the Minute-42 energy handcannon over the Skate. Flared Magwell gives the Minute a reasonable reload speed all the time. While the Skate has the unfortunate situation of having a garbage reload speeds without landing those crit kills.

There are guns that have a nice default reload speed on top of outlaw, such as the Steady Hand kinetic from Iron Banner. But the Skate isn't one of them. You'll really feel the difference when it's time to shoot a bunch of explosive drones with no weak spot, yellow bars, or it's a Strike mission so enemies you are used to one shotting survive with a sliver of health and whoops, your teammates finishing the job doesn't trigger outlaw.

For alternatives if your goal is easy reloads on handcannons. While I do not own it yet, the Strike mission token Daedalus Code comes with 13 capacity, pleasant reload speed, and the auto-reloading holster perk. With your choice of High caliber rounds, or extend magazine.

https://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/1351035691

ponzicar posted:

If you hate reloading, there's also those exotic Titan boots that automatically reload SMGs when you return them to your holster. Use two SMGs and you can freely switch between the two, if you don't mind using a fairly mediocre weapon class.
There are two reasons I keep going back to the Warlock's go fast pants. Not only is the extra speed very handy for a low mobility class, but it's other perk is sprinting reloads energy weapons.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

SpookyLizard posted:

This: If you want a fast loading energy hand cannon, the Outlaw perk is what you want. Really good.

Annual Skate is great because you can read all the reviews about how fast it reloads in the time it takes to reload without a precision kill.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Control Volume posted:

Annual Skate is great because you can read all the reviews about how fast it reloads in the time it takes to reload without a precision kill.
:five:

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

What energy weapon, if any, will combine with my actium war rig and sins of the past to make me never reload anything?

https://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/3336215727-martyrs-make

used this with my rig titan for a long time. super bummed that rig didnt refill coldheart, tho

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

a

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

HATECUBE posted:

https://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/3336215727-martyrs-make

used this with my rig titan for a long time. super bummed that rig didnt refill coldheart, tho
I'm also running this with my war rig though sometimes I'll swap for a Galliard depending on my mood. Either way it ends up not mattering because I'm busy going "kachunka-chunka-chunka" forever with a Halfdan-D.
AKA: Why RPG elements, loot boxes, and "meta" are in every game now.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 4, 2017

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

This except Destiny 2 is a hollow cardboard cylinder covered in frosting

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

easier to buttchug, imo

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If you think vanilla Destiny 2 is a hollow cardboard cylinder then vanilla Destiny 1 is like a single corn flake but it's made of dust.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DaveKap posted:

If you think vanilla Destiny 2 is a hollow cardboard cylinder then vanilla Destiny 1 is like a single corn flake but it's made of dust.

Good thing Vanilla Destiny 1 hasn’t been a thing for years

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Good thing Vanilla Destiny 1 hasn’t been a thing for years
And Vanilla Destiny 2 won't be a thing for years either so.... ?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

DaveKap posted:

man i defend bungie as much as anyone but this is a loving terrible argument. vanilla D2 didn’t necessarily have to be the equal of AOT D1 but jesus,

if you can’t see how them launching a game in a state where the response to “vanilla D2 sucks” is “well in a couple of years it’ll be better” is hosed up, you should run for a political office

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAcC2TpcGA0

Whoa. The raid lair is a brand new destination in a completely different looking area. I thought it was just more rooms branching away from the main raid with a similar appearance. It actually looks quite epic.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It looks like the Vex invaded the superstructure of the Leviathan and are loving with things. That's cool.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

We got to say "It looks bigger from inside" this time, and is already bigger than a planet from outside.

Cool areas, hope it comes with cool gameplay :D

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New raid content looking FETCH

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
‘vanilla d1 was bad so it’s fine that vanilla d2 is bad’ is an argument that would barely make sense if destiny 2 a; wasn’t a sequel or b; wasn’t made by the same company, but it’s both of those things so it doesn’t really have much traction with me

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
At ~1:11 there is a gun that looks like a red (solar?) laser coldheart!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
“Bungie did a good job fixing their first crap rushed game over 2 years so the fact that they released a second crap rushed game is fine, we will get another good game in 2 years” lmao

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

AAB posted:

easier to buttchug, imo

I will butt chug all of mercury so that the DLC transits the blood-brain layer more easily

All of the planet Mercury, in my anus

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DaveKap posted:

bungie plant spotted

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Secret’s Out. I’m the leviathan. Bungie told the story all wrong. Planets taste bad give me sandwiches instead.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I wonder if world-eaters poop

Like what comes out the back

Who cleans that up

How big is that pooper scooper

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Waffle House posted:

I wonder if world-eaters poop

Like what comes out the back

Who cleans that up

How big is that pooper scooper

what do you think all the clouds are

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Are we renaming the Discord "Martyr's Cake" or "PITA Multi Tool?"

It's the cake one isn't it

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The poop is the purple stuff in Calus's room.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

While some just maybe read a news article to take that dook, my boy the Leviathan pulls out a Webster’s 3rd Edition to read front to back.

Twice.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The Virgin Dreadnaught and the Chad World Eater

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

The poop is the purple stuff in Calus's room.

I’m suddenly uncomfortable with the new raid content being the Bowels proper here

I don’t want purple pee-wine, that’s some Trump-rear end sounding poo poo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The Virgin Dreadnaught and the Chad World Eater

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New raid content probably is a Cooking demonstration.

You have to scoop up purple stuff to make a healthy eggplant dish and which requires RPG elements.

Your final mission is to make purple drank out of dimetapp and floor residue. You’re gonna need a shovel and at least 30 minutes.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

o poo poo i dont even have a halfman-dee

hope i can buy it or something. actually i hope a lot of things from this expansion

like i hope there is a better pvp weaponset than mida/uriels/potg

i hope the dlc isnt horse armor

E:{{ actually i would put horse armor on a titan

HATECUBE fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

New raid content probably is a Cooking demonstration.

You have to scoop up purple stuff to make a healthy eggplant dish and which requires RPG elements.

Your final mission is to make purple drank out of dimetapp and floor residue. You’re gonna need a shovel and at least 30 minutes.

I’m only in if I get a little jingle while I’m roasting space-aubergines over the fire, and it ends with the “SO TASTY!” sound effect from Monster Hunter

• Locked thread