Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Does anyone remember the game Power Pete? It came with our Macintosh Performa in the mid-late 90s and holy poo poo was that a fun romp through Candyland. You went through all of these different themed stages (from candy to chess to dinosaurs) and all the violence was super well done while being kid friendly (complete with 50s Batman style "POWs!") and the weapons were varied and felt great. Isometric shooter iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

In case anyone is unaware, Tim Schafer got the rights back and released a full remaster of Full Throttle last year. Its wonderful.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I only played the first one but shooting people in the foot and dick never got old. NPC's actually reacting to damage was mind blowing back then.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Oh man I hope green lantern is cheap cause it sounds like what the movie could have been and Ryan Reynolds went all in on it.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Moonsweeper's artwork looks like the poster for Apollo 18.

And Good Star Wars games are rarely obscure, but Republic Commando is really, really good, but a lot of people missed it. Probably because Attack of the Clones was so hated at the time, people straight up ignored anything connected to it.

You are one of a group of elite Clone Commandos and each is unique character. You fight your way through Battle Droids, with the Superbattle Droids being terrifying how strong they are, also you fight some Trandosian slavers aboard a ship they disabled. Lots of great action, good writing and I'd say it was a sign of what the Clone Wars tv show was going to be like.

What was the one that was arcade only where you had three screens and were a fighter pilot? That ruled even though I think I could only ever afford to play it once.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

I believe that was the difficult-to-google, succinctly-titled "Star Wars Arcade" (1993).

It did get a release on the Sega 32X, but anyone would be forgiven for not knowing that.

Lmao thanks. I guess I dismiss the obvious sometimes, plus if we all googled everything we'd never end up with things to discuss!

I kinda have memories of wishfully looking at the 32X version in toys r us since they were all bring discounted heavily at the time and we only had a Genesis forever but very glad we avoided that and saved for the N64 instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

Oh, I wasn't being sarcastic. Googling Star Wars Arcade - even assuming you remember that extremely minimal name - brings up about a million things that aren't that specific game.

No worries, I didn't think you were! I just straight up didn't even think to Google it, I just mentally remembered the cabinet and didn't ever think to look for what it might have been called because goons trump Google when it comes to this stuff.