Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Can anyone make me a tampermonkey plugin which automatically replaces SA emote abbreviations with the correct image?
The specific use-case is that I'm reading an old LP from the archives where the author used more emotes than are now supported by the forums, so in longer posts they just start showing up as the bare text, which annoys me.

Edit: NVM, I hacked together something horrifying. Here, if anyone wants it.

The_White_Crane fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Aug 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Humble Request:
A program that can run in the background which replaces the windows mouse cursor with another image when it's over a specific program window.

Problem:
I'm emulating PS2 lightgun games with a wiimote and it's not accurate enough to work without some kind of crosshair, and the windows mouse cursor is too small to easily see from the distance I'm playing at.

Description and requirements:
I need something which I can feed two things: 1) an image file of some sort (with transparency) and 2) an executable file location, which will then display the image file at the mouse cursor location only when the cursor is over a window of the specified executable.

Nice to have features:
Ideally it would also hide the native windows arrow cursor and be able to support multiple executables as targets.

I feel like this might already exist, but it's impossible to search for because you just get 50,000 pages explaining how to change the default windows cursor. :sigh:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

pseudorandom posted:

I'm working on this. I've managed to get the cursor to change, and to sort of detect the window under the cursor. Strangely it only seems to be reading the window some of the time, so I may need to see if I can extract the cursor position reading into a separate thread.

If anyone else feels like taking this on, don't let me discourage you, as I'm estimating my likelihood of finishing to be about 30% right now. Plus I'll be out of town for the weekend and won't be able to work on it.

Thanks ever so much for giving it a shot!
That being said:

GI_Clutch posted:

I think Yolomouse may be what you're after. It lets you replace the cursor based on the app and current cursor. It has built in cursors or you can supply your own. https://pandateemo.github.io/YoloMouse/

This does in fact do what I was looking for. I loving knew someone would have done it already, but I'll be damned if it showed up anywhere when I googled.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

pseudorandom posted:

You've already found a solution, but I did end up finishing mine, so I'm going to share it anyway, even though it's nothing special.

No no, that is also super cool and also more lightweight than Yolomouse, which is frankly a bit feature-heavy. Thanks awfully for taking the time on it!