Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No, I think what this means is that we solved all of eveyone's little problem, so there's nothing left to do now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah this doesn't sound too difficult but we don't run NetSuite so I can't develop or test it. I actually had to glue together two pieces of our own enterprisy stuff that didn't talk to each other using another tool whose name escapes me now, but it was python based and you could have it find buttons to click based on image recognition (which was very helpful when there weren't any keyboard shortcuts and the buttons weren't normal Win32 buttons with handles). Give it a shot, or in the worst case post some screenshots of each step you need to do in NetSuite here.

FlyingCheese posted:

My request is still open, if you're looking for a project.
poo poo, forgot about this thread for a while. Yeah I'll give it a go, I've scraped a ton of stuff with Perl even when the sites didn't really want me to :v:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If it's a normal Windows Open File dialog, you can also just paste a full path to the file into the Name field. But getting more than one result in the search sucks. Is there really no way to filter it down to only the correct document? Everything else is quite doable otherwise.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MJP posted:

Humble Request
Problem: I'd like to be able to search Ebay for sellers that carry one or more items on a list. That way it's possible to buy with combined shipping.
Description and requirements: Call it up to four text boxes that one can use to specify search terms, which the app then searches for, parses the results, and returns a "here's the top two sellers" or however many sellers is feasible for the app to display.
Nice to have features: Easy for a non-webdev to deploy and use.

If this falls outside Tiny App, let me know and I'll pursue other avenues.

Haha I've had this on my mind every time I bought something on eBay. Never got to actually do it, but if eBay has a search Ali it shouldnt be too difficult. No promises though, I'm pretty busy this week :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MJP posted:

Just wanted to poke it up in case this week improved for you.

Not really any better but I had some free time at work and gave it a shot. It's pretty straightforward to implement as a chrome extension but eBay apparently manually approves developer accounts so I'm stuck and can't test anything until they do.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Uh... the search is part of the Browse API so I hope that doesn't apply (it doesn't say anything about these requirements), because I'm certainly not signing any contracts with PayPal :v:

I guess we'll see. Obviously another solution would be just scraping the results but :effort:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My account got approved earlier today but I didn't have time to mess with it beyond generating some access keys. Maybe I'm underestimating the problem but I think I should be able to get it to work when there's some downtime at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nobody asked for it but I needed this... so here it is. This will switch a monitor's input between two sources (e.g. DP and HDMI) when a specified USB device is connected or disconnected.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mobby_6kl/apps/DisplaySwitch.rar

I have a cheapo USB KVM switch to toggle betwen my desktop and (usually) work laptop, but it can't switch video, obviously, so I had to toggle the input source manually on the montior. This turned out to be way more annoying than expected, as I'd have to lean close to reach the joystick on the back of it, and who wants to do that.

If you run it without any parameters, it will show a debug window with a list of your monitors and their possible inputs (values like 15, 17 are typical it seems), and when you connect or disconnect a USB HID device, it will show its details. Then you can run it like "displayswitch.exe [part of device id to match] [monitor name] [input when device is connected] [input when device is disconnected]" for example "displayswitch.exe VID_0424 S2721DGF 15 17". It'll run in the background, and when it detects that the USB device is added/removed, it will try to match the monitor based on that name and switch it to the appropriate input. There's little in terms of error checking so good luck!